• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers Draft

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not sure... This is the highest 1st rounder we've had in awhile. Gut says it's a good chance to take a skill position that can start right away (RB or WR) but is that what we really need the most?

Trade it away for extra picks? Hmm

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not sure... This is the highest 1st rounder we've had in awhile. Gut says it's a good chance to take a skill position that can start right away (RB or WR) but is that what we really need the most?

Trade it away for extra picks? Hmm

yes please
only 2 offensive skill position players worth taking @ 17 IMO

Austin (would be surpised if he lasted, probably gone by 14)
Eifert (would be a bit of a reach as he will probably be there @ 22-23)

Getting and extra 2nd or 3rd and getting Eifert @ 22 or so would be ok with me.

then go
SS, WR (Xtype, Justin Hunter if he falls to 2nd round, or else Aaron Dobson in the 3rd), and RB (probably Christine Michael. If you think he will last to you in the 4th then take a slot WR like Wheaton or Swope as your other pick in the 2nd/3rd).

finish up the 5th-7th with OLB project (like Q Smith) , ILB (Mauti, injury red flag but 1st round ability), a slot WR (Boyce)--- if the above scenario doesn't double dip on WR in rounds 2/3) ... and FS (love Rontez Miles potential and style of play. can he play with the big boys)

finally in UDFA
hopefully
target some small school talent like RB Maysonet, the WR from Mount Union (Garcon worked out, huh?) , and a few more OL that didn't make the draft-cut, maybe a small-school project RT and a few swing interior OL.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in case you guys havent read any of the articles in the media thread there is an article in there about the steelers looking at Tyler Bray, from the tn volunteers ..

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of NFL teams, the Steelers included, think Bray is the most-talented quarterback in the draft. He is a 6-foot-6, 230-pound pocket passer with a powerful arm who threw for 7,444 yards and 69 touchdowns in three seasons with the Volunteers.

he fits the steeler mold for qb

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of NFL teams, the Steelers included, think Bray is the most-talented quarterback in the draft. He is a 6-foot-6, 230-pound pocket passer with a powerful arm who threw for 7,444 yards and 69 touchdowns in three seasons with the Volunteers.

he fits the steeler mold for qb

my biggest problem with him is I think he's gone before our 4th round pick.
we have SOOO many other needs..... *sigh*

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends how serious they are with grooming a replacement for ben ... its time for batch to retire and become the qb coach

We may be able to get away with 1 more year without finding a guy but if good value is around late in the draft, it's worth an obscure shot. Methinks that there is a pretty good chance that we will have an even higher 1st rounder next year & there will be more high-level talent available at QB in next years draft.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be able to get away with 1 more year without finding a guy but if good value is around late in the draft, it's worth an obscure shot. Methinks that there is a pretty good chance that we will have an even higher 1st rounder next year & there will be more high-level talent available at QB in next years draft.

this. if Ben gets hurt, we're picking in the top 6 anyways.
and next year's QB crop on paper slays this one.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well at least they are thinking about it so who knows ?? I just dont want us to be like the vikes and cleavland and find a decent qb and just throw him straight into the fire that never seams to work out .... and it does work out but on very rare occasions

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bray has a big arm but often just puts the ball up and has a tendancy to force the ball into coverage. He would definately be a prospect.

I have seen mock drafts that have the Steelers taking Margus Hunt (DE-SMU) in the second. He is just a freak. He came to the US and SMU on a track scholarship (Shot pput - I think). He's 6'-8", 280 lb. Has speed, power, and range. Also, with his height, he was able to block PATs and FGs. I would love to see him in the Black and Gold. 2nd might be too high but definately someone to take a look at.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are interested in using a 6th or 7th on a QB for backup I like this guy

Last edited by a moderator:

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bray has a big arm but often just puts the ball up and has a tendancy to force the ball into coverage. He would definately be a prospect.

I have seen mock drafts that have the Steelers taking Margus Hunt (DE-SMU) in the second. He is just a freak. He came to the US and SMU on a track scholarship (Shot pput - I think). He's 6'-8", 280 lb. Has speed, power, and range. Also, with his height, he was able to block PATs and FGs. I would love to see him in the Black and Gold. 2nd might be too high but definately someone to take a look at.

if he were there at 48 it would be hard to pass on his potential, but at the same time rookies don't start on D for Lebeau until at least year 2.... Just further assisting us towards a top 10 pick this year LOL

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least they are thinking about it so who knows ?? I just dont want us to be like the vikes and cleavland and find a decent qb and just throw him straight into the fire that never seams to work out .... and it does work out but on very rare occasions

I'll say this about the most recent drafts... They have addressed the fact that the offensive line had turned into garbage bc they could allow it to. Ben was still able to make plays. At least they realized that there is a REALLY good chance that the next guy that gets under center won't be able to do the same things. We have had some injuries among those new guys on the OL, but I am pretty hopeful and confident that we are at least set on that front. It should help ease the transition for a new QB. The jury is still out on all of that, but it makes me feel more comfortable about eventually finding an effective young QB & RB.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grad is better than leftwich

Not sure if I would say "better".... I'd say "more capable" of possibly holding it together during a potential unplanned absence of Ben.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I would say "better".... I'd say "more capable" of possibly holding it together during a potential unplanned absence of Ben.

he has played on some really crappy ass teams so I guess i am willing to give him a bit of a break