• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steel City vs. Queen City

Status
Not open for further replies.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Men and The Min, Round 2.

Before we get to the heavy and thoughtful analysis, let’s sling a little mud, whaddaya say?

I’m well versed in both cities, having lived Here since ’88 and having visited There since well before that. My creds are well established. Both of my parents grew up There, at least partly, mom in a hamlet called Burgettstown, dad for a brief time in Mt. Lebanon, a nice, close-in ‘burb not unlike Mariemont.

My wife’s from Aliquippa. Went to Hopewell High with Tony DOR-sett, before he became Tony Dor-SETT.

Freud would call it Steeler Envy, this animus we/you have for the Team Up North And East. Not sure why, beyond the football glory, that we so covet Pittsburgh. Everything else There is subpar, compared with Here. For example:

Mt. Washington There is a heap compared to Mt. Adams Here. They have a million-dollar view of the city and about three decent bars with a view. Their Beer (Iron City Light, nice liquid oxymoron there) is something we’d use to clean sinks.

Their Myron Cope, RIP,was a little squeaker compared with Our D. Lapham, who Played The Game.

Their sloppy sandwiches for obesity-seeking bohunks is dog food compared to the elegant mess of Our chili.

Their version of the English language requires translating. “Crick” means “creek” boys and girls!

Yunz, yinz, some damned thing meaning “you people.”

Dahntahn, ahtside, Troy PAWL-uh-MAWL-oo.

The “Paarts” used to play at Forbes Filled.

That portion of your dress shirt, up around your neck? Why, that’s a caw-ler.

Another day, another daw-ler.

Oh, rilly?

Nawt, gawt, hawt, spawt. Translation: Not, got, hot, spot.

Whut the heck’s goon on dahn dere?

They even call their own city Picksburgh. Rhymes with Hicksburg.

They need books to explain the way they talk. Picksburghese. There’s a website, presumably to teach their infants to speak local while jamming their infant pieholes with pierogies so they can all waddle around dahtahn like little earthbound Goodyear blimps.

You think the winter stinks here? We’re Cancun compared to Picksburgh. It used to be, the belch from the still mills kept their sky perpetually gray, and forced everyone who lived within 50 miles to clean their windows of soot several times an afternoon. Now, it’s just the climate. It’s as if the Big Weatherman in the Sky simply decided to keep the place in character once the mills shut dahn.

They have potholes in Picksburgh suitable for a family of four.

Deer run rampant in the semi-rural areas. If you havent had your rusting Ford wrecked by a buck, you’re not rilly from Picksburgh.

It snows in Awk-tober. A lawt.

Next time you come across Picksburgh-er waving his terrible tahl, get very smug and wish him gawdspeed. Then tell him it’s better here.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Dam Kramer, yinz described them to a tee..

I also have ties to that shithole

My Grandmother & Grandfather are from New Castle Pa, just a tad NW of Picksburgh, Grandfather was a stone mason, and in the 40's Baltimore was the place to be, every home in Baltimore has marble and fancy cut stone as stoops and steps, and he was the mason on alot of those homes.

Our cousins are still in New Castle, so we have done enough ribbing one another over the past 40+ years..

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha....sorry, but that's not my musings. That's from a Paul Daugherty column in the Enquirer.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never even set foot in the state let alone the city....and I never will.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU GUYS ARE PICKING ON US AGAIN,

I won't lower myself to that level,yes it's true the Burg has it's short comings but then every city does and we have some odd ball words but we have the STEELERS AND ALL THE GLORY THAT GOES ALONG WITH THEM a rich history of wins and HALL OF FAME PLAYERS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT MIGHT YOU HAVE TO GO ALONG WITH THE BENGALS,,,

now take your time and think it thru what do you really have in CINCY???????????????

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kramer, will your girlfriend give you a hummer at halftime even if the Bengals are winning?

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't this suck- some idiot scheduled a basketball game for my daughters team for 3:30 today and it is in fucking Eaton. Guess I watch the first half live and Dvr the second. I will kill anyone who tells me the final score.

steelcurtain

Hoopla Cash
$ 826.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kramer, will your girlfriend give you a hummer at halftime even if the Bengals are winning?

Even though the question was directed @ Kramer, I will answer that, lol umm no this is more like what will be going down :lalala:! Pretty sure I will have to get the duck tape out.:tape2:

socaljd3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
squeelers fans are just like meechigan fans...always come trolling to try and repair that fragile ego...

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing cincy doesn't have is a win against the Steelers this year,,,,suck on that for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.