• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanton and Abreu

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to trade one of these for a ace in my ESPN league. Its possible Abreu may not be worth that yet but Stanton is. I want Kershaw the most. In the roto league I'm in is Stanton for Kershaw straight up equal of should I ask for something else? Do I need to offer something else? I was offered Wainwright for Stanton over a week ago but at the time I couldnt accept due to Abreu's and Votto's injuries and I felt straight up it wasnt worth it. I feel I can do this now because of Springer, Choo(so far he's better than last year), Abreu, Hardy coming on, and Taveras said to be coming up in early June. All I have is Cueto among my stud pitchers and Shields who is not in his league. After that its Cole, Cingrani, Burnett and the rest I stream. Cingrani is making me consider dropping him. I need another big pitcher and I also am considering downgrading from Cueto to maybe a Greinke or Bumgarner to be able to get a closer in the package.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My own pinion is that there isn't a pitcher in the game that I'd trade Stanton for in a one for one deal. I'd have to have a mid level bat thrown back my way. Dint care if it's Kershaw or Darvish, or a rookie Doc Gooden.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember, this is not a points league?

Pretty hard to trade Stanton straight up for an arm in a non-points league. That being said, you're looking at the right aces, and only need a little piece to fix it up nicely. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Wainwright finishes with better numbers than Kershaw (or any arm) from here on out. He's probably "safer" than both Kershaw and Stanton too, but I would still try to get a little more... not too much to scare a potential trade partner away, but just enough to make the point hitting trumps pitching in cat/roto leagues.

My points league, I just told a guy no, when he asked ... How about Cargo and Cingrani?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a keeper league? If so, I wouldn't trade for Wainwright over Kershaw. Kershaw will be killing it for years. Wainwright may start to decline in a couple years. He's been throwing a lot in his career.

As for trading away Stanton for them, I wouldn't hesitate to trade him away for a Kershaw or Wainwright in a non keeper. I think your OF will be just fine(with ASbreu coming back) and it sounds like your rotation could use some help.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Cole and Springer can get you Wainwright or Kershaw? This streak Springer's on is crazy to say the least... try taking advantage?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want to give up Springer. The guy seems like he's gonna be a big deal and he plays in a good park. and yes I am definitely thinking about how Stanton could have an injury at any time. This is the year of the DL afterall. and yes it is a keeper.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Taveras is up and homers. But so far Kershaw owner has not responded.