• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A Bruins player gets his head bashed into the boards by a Hawks player's forearm just before that 3rd OT goal, and there's no call? Come on that player was staggered by that cheap shot and the Hawks take advantage of it and score the winner. Ignoring what the league said is "always" going to be called no matter what only because the game was in the 3rd OT?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict (if that is even possible as it is now after the fact) this game was a ratings bonanza for NBC here in the states

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict (if that is even possible as it is now after the fact) this game was a ratings bonanza for NBC here in the states

It would be interesting to see a ratings breakdown as the game went along. 5 or so hours is a long time for a casual fan to watch. That being said, in a way you get more invested as time goes along.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healing time for a dislocated shoulder is 4-12 weeks for normal people. An athlete might be faster but I'd be shocked if he dislocated his shoulder and made it back for anything in this series.

So you think Horton heard a pop?

Well that would suck. I like watching him play.

My guess is still that...just the way he reacted and was holding himself. He probably had a history of instability already. And yeah, he'd be done for the series if that's the case. You need at least a week or so in a sling before you even start rehabing.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man am I fucking tired this morning. Tough loss last night but still feel pretty good about the Bruins chances. I would have loved to see the Bruins sweep the Blackhawks, because I will be at game 4.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the interview's when in the gym this morning. Julien when asked if this was a heart breaker and could determined the series. His reply Heartbreaker of course we just played 2 games in one and lost. Determine the series he asked..I think not.

Looch said. We played hard they played hard they got the OT goal. Its only game 1 so that means we have to play harder in game 2.

Me likey

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man am I fucking tired this morning. Tough loss last night but still feel pretty good about the Bruins chances. I would have loved to see the Bruins sweep the Blackhawks, because I will be at game 4.

Ya I was sleep walking on tread mill this morning.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bruins player gets his head bashed into the boards by a Hawks player's forearm just before that 3rd OT goal, and there's no call? Come on that player was staggered by that cheap shot and the Hawks take advantage of it and score the winner. Ignoring what the league said is "always" going to be called no matter what only because the game was in the 3rd OT?

Just prior to that, Andrew Shaw was crosschecked in the back. No call. And a good "no call". Shaw then gets up, drives the net and deflects the game winner.

Refs aren't gonna call anything in OT unless it is blatant...like the two too many men on the ice penalties against the Hawks...which they deserved.

So stop blaming the refs for the Hawks victory.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how they ended it just in enough time for me to doze off before the brunt of the storm hit. I *ALMOST* got to sleep.

Phenomenal game. I really don't have anything to say except "Kaspars Daugevins, you will NOT get a call in 3OT. Quit flopping like an indignant jellyfish."

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how they ended it just in enough time for me to doze off before the brunt of the storm hit. I *ALMOST* got to sleep.

Phenomenal game. I really don't have anything to say except "Kaspars Daugevins, you will NOT get a call in 3OT. Quit flopping like an indignant jellyfish."

To be fair he was tripped but he should have never tried to stick handle it to begin with. He had a open side and should have redirected it.

Edit: The refs mostly kept the whistles in the pockets which is what I think they should do.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm exhausted today, but man that was a great game to watch. i'm glad it turned out the way it did, but man did boston have their chances.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chin up higgy, i went to ikea and missed the second and third periods :)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the series over yet? who won? i dont think I have ever been so disinterested in a Stanley Cup Final before. I think I saw 12 mins of the game last night.

:( Im happy its good for ratings and such

at least there is no team in there that will get that elusive first stanley cup again :(

Last edited by a moderator: