• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: Washington Capitals vs. Las Vegas Golden Knights

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in favor of the Pittsburgh West thing at all. Screw Fleury. Likeable guy? Absolutely. Huge factor in 2009? Yes. All time classic save against Lindstrom in game 7. Clutch last year through 2.5 rounds? Awesome.

He plays for a different team now.

But.

I can't cheer for the Caps. I'd like them normally - I like OV, Kuznetsov (when he's not doing the dirty bird) and I dislike the anti-OV narrative... but to me, for rivalry purposes, the only team I despise more is Philly.

But having watched their postseason, for the most part, Caps have that Stanley Cup Mojo. They have that combination of swagger, perseverance and, yes, timely luck, that you need to win. The way they're winning reminds me of Pens the last two seasons.

I'm just praying Fleury has one last nightmare on store for OV! A little more heartbreak. Builds character!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 day series if it goes 7. That's just fucking ridiculous. One of the more enjoyable aspects of the Stanley Cup Playoffs has been their resistance to drawing everything our. Looks like thats over.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't root for the Caps just like I would expect Capital fans to root against the Penguins.

Who is on the Knights means nothing, really don't want to root for them either.

With that said seeing players like OV win is cool.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now THAT I can respect. :cheers:

Just to let you know this is the only NHL team I would have ever considered putting up as one of my three teams.

1d152b62f2be8c00b222a84e2bb03243.png

Being from the tidewater area I would have rooted for the local team instead of my youth hockey team. But since they were the fourth team at the time and Bettman only wanted three expansion teams the Rhinos never came to play.:suds:

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 day series if it goes 7. That's just fucking ridiculous. One of the more enjoyable aspects of the Stanley Cup Playoffs has been their resistance to drawing everything our. Looks like thats over.

wha? you serious Jim?

That's almost a game every other day. I'm actually surprised it's not a day or two longer...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, there is a Trump hotel in both of the respective cities in the SCF - I don't know what it means, but it can't be good.

I think it means "who gives a fuck". DC sports and Trump are not related in any way. Hopefully any mention of politics during this series is minimal. Kind of irked me today when tuning in to the national media to hear about the Caps I have to listen to non-stop crap about all of this NFL National Anthem nonsense.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was funny.:suds:

I will say that I am happy for the true fans of Washington, like a number of my relatives and ELOC.

I’m not your relative am I :noidea:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at this pt the predictions mean nothing. Caps were counted out after losing first 2 games to BlueJackets, given no chance vs. Pens & told that their run was over since TB was a much superior team.

We are now being told basically the same for LV - we will see. Should be fun.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Dave. It means a lot. :thumb:

Aww, and I thought a lawyer would appreciate the word play.

Seriously though, When they joined the league, the Caps were my second favorite team. No good reason, but I loved the original unis. Always like to see one of the all time greats win a Cup. And 30 years ago, my sister lived in the area. But other than that, I dont have any strong feelings for the Caps.

Vegas on the other hand, is like my second home. When the market crashed in 2008, almost bought a house there. Still go house shopping every time we visit (80 trips and counting). Love the area, and some parts of the city are very, very nice (Summerlin). Sure, its ridiculous that a first year team made up of castoffs and 12th best players have gotten this far, but it is such a great story. And I like to see the redemption of MAF who got a bad deal (IMO) in Pittsburgh.

So, all things considered, I am going to pull for Vegas. But will be happy for the Caps if they win, too.

And to save time, the Conn Smythe goes to either MAF or OV, depending on which team wins.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins North Stars

I was fucking gutter for Jon Casey. One of my fave goalies.

07 Anaheim Ottawa
99 Buffalo Dallas
96 Dives Panthers
91 Minnesota Pittsburgh

Fuck Dallas. But it was a good goal.

I cannot speak for your area but around here Pittsburgh West is a euphemism for anal sex.

So is the term "Old Bay"

So, there is a Trump hotel in both of the respective cities in the SCF - I don't know what it means, but it can't be good.

Once again, it's all about the Russians.

Well at this pt the predictions mean nothing. Caps were counted out after losing first 2 games to BlueJackets, given no chance vs. Pens & told that their run was over since TB was a much superior team.

To be fair, most of that was from the Caps' own fans.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL has to love this matchup. Tampa Bay-Winnipeg was their worst nightmare. Now they have Vegas which will bring in a ton of casual fan attention and on the other side you have a superstar that the casual fan will recognize.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL has to love this matchup. Tampa Bay-Winnipeg was their worst nightmare. Now they have Vegas which will bring in a ton of casual fan attention and on the other side you have a superstar that the casual fan will recognize.

Hey, I like Jay Beagle a lot, but superstar?!?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please, no one on the Caps was even in ESPN's top 100 most recognized sports personalities.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, no one on the Caps was even in ESPN's top 100 most recognized sports personalities.

LOL - yep. Better than the alternative - I would guess that casual or non-NHL fans not only don't know any players on TB - a lot of them probably don't even know that there is a team in that city.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE BOWLING GREEN MASSACRE!!!