• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: San Jose Sharks vs Pittsburgh Penguins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ice was terrible, really disrupted the flow of the game. And I think it hurt the Pens more than the Sharks, given how much the Pens' game focuses on speed.

I think this was the best game the Sharks have played, but overall, I thought the two teams played pretty even. Murray wasn't as sharp as usual, and the Pens couldn't finish a couple golden chances late, and that was the difference.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ice was terrible, really disrupted the flow of the game. And I think it hurt the Pens more than the Sharks, given how much the Pens' game focuses on speed.

I think this was the best game the Sharks have played, but overall, I thought the two teams played pretty even. Murray wasn't as sharp as usual, and the Pens couldn't finish a couple golden chances late, and that was the difference.
I'm not too mad about this loss. Pens were due for a letdown game & the Sharks were essentially playing like it was an elimination game. I actually expected the Sharks to win by multiple goals, but the Pens more than matched the Sharks' intensity throughout the game. Murray does seem to look completely frozen on high shots sometimes. Although he made a lot of difficult saves, I think all but the OT goal should've been easy glove saves. Forget about this one & focus on game 4. It would still be huge for us if we could somehow split the games in San Jose. Hopefully Sullivan will make the proper adjustments & the Pens could play game 4 like a must win.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I am jonesing for hockey on a nightly basis...this has been torture!!!! That OT was some great hockey to watch.

I need a 3-1 Pens game advantage going back to the burgh!!!!

LETS GO PENS>>>LETS GO PENS!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a feeling the Sharks will tie the series tonight. Seems the league really wants this series tied up. Not saying the Pens can't win this game, but going up against the odds eventually catches up to you.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That powerplay looked much better. Burns got away with a slash to Kessel's wrist on it, too.

The Lovejoy penalty was a pretty soft call. Holding the stick? He was playing the puck!
Sharks are down 2-1 in the series at home. Ratings for the playoffs haven't been too good. You gotta expect the NHL to do whatever it takes to make sure this series is tied up. Like I said before during the series with the Capitals, I don't get mad over this sort of stuff anymore, I just accept that it's business.