• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more the fact that unless we get hit hard with injuries (please, no) that I don't like Ballard's chances of playing this series.:(

i think ballard played enough

Tanev did not though ... needs to play a game in the finals to get the name on the cup

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lol... now that's an avatar bet
--------------------------------------------

The official rules of The Bet are as follows:

-Whichever of the Vancouver Canucks (Jamie’s Team) or the Boston Bruins (Ryan’s Team) wins the Stanley Cup next the loser will tattoo the logo of the winning team on their body; basically the loser gets a tattoo of the team they hate the most.
-Tattoo must be at least the size of a regulation NHL hockey puck (three inches in diameter).
-Tattoo can be placed anywhere on the body but must be shown (in any social situation) at the request of the winner.
-Tattoo will be completed within 48 hours of the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Final.
-Winner of the bet pays for the loser’s tattoo.
-Tattoo cannot ever be defaced in any way.

The bet - Vancouver Canucks - Features

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... now that's an avatar bet
--------------------------------------------

The official rules of The Bet are as follows:

-Whichever of the Vancouver Canucks (Jamie’s Team) or the Boston Bruins (Ryan’s Team) wins the Stanley Cup next the loser will tattoo the logo of the winning team on their body; basically the loser gets a tattoo of the team they hate the most.
-Tattoo must be at least the size of a regulation NHL hockey puck (three inches in diameter).
-Tattoo can be placed anywhere on the body but must be shown (in any social situation) at the request of the winner.
-Tattoo will be completed within 48 hours of the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Final.
-Winner of the bet pays for the loser’s tattoo.
-Tattoo cannot ever be defaced in any way.

The bet - Vancouver Canucks - Features

fuck wow. if Dash and I did that this year he would have 5 Canuck Tattoos on his body. :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck wow. if Dash and I did that this year he would have 5 Canuck Tattoos on his body. :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yuk it up big daddy..Do I have to remind you what they say about payback?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, boys and girls, behave yourselves, I have to catch a slow boat to the island. Take care.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posting this because some dont know the story of Victor Oreskovich (but mostly because of the bolded line in the article - lol)

Former Kitchener Ranger, now a Canuck, is no quitter

A battered and burnt-out Victor Oreskovich tried to sever hockey from his life.

He failed miserably. The game dwells in his soul.

“I had always identified myself with hockey,” recalled the 24-year-old Vancouver Canucks forward on Wednesday, a few hours before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals.

“To just cut that out, and not even try to play in the NHL, I felt like a quitter.”

That was four years ago.

Oreskovich, after a season and a half with the Kitchener Rangers, was fed up chasing pucks and contracts. The game had tormented him with self-doubt, ripped up one knee and tore up a shoulder.

He 6-foot-3 winger had left the Notre Dame Fighting Irish to play junior in Kitchener. Things weren’t happening fast enough for the Whitby son of a steel mill magnate under college hockey’s Golden Dome.

He was a high NHL pick of Colorado. He was impatient. He was told to return to Kitchener for an overage season. Play with kids again? Him? He couldn’t handle it.

“I didn’t want to go back for my overage year,” he admitted. “That was a tough pill for me to swallow.”

He liked Kitchener and its coaches, led by Peter DeBoer, just fine. He just felt like he had stalled at 20. He became a lousy teammate. He pouted.

One Friday at the Aud, DeBoer sent him home in mid-game.

“I deserved that.”

He signed with Colorado. Then, he quit. He went back to school at Notre Dame and worked a bit in a local mall while waiting to enrol again.

He was no real-life Al Bundy. He wasn’t selling flip-flops to hefty Helgas for a living. But he was humbled. He went back to school at Notre Dame and eventually finished his finance degree.

Oreskovich didn’t skate for a year and a half.

Didn’t watch hockey. Didn’t follow it.

But the game gnawed at him from within. He couldn’t deny his vulcanized rubber soul.

“Being in Canada, most of my friends played the game. It’s tough to really escape that. So I started missing it.”

Now, Oreskovich wanted back in. He worked out furiously. He switched agents. Colorado wasn’t interested. But DeBoer was now coaching in Florida and got Oreskovich a chance for a contract. He was the type of big grinder the Panthers lacked. He got 50 games in the NHL.

“I can’t thank Pete enough,” he said.

After a trade last summer, Oreskovich became Vancouver property, which meant an American Hockey League pit stop in Winnipeg. Yes, new address of the Thrashers.

For 40 days and 40 nights, he skated for the Manitoba Moose. His apartment didn’t have underground parking. The temperature read minus-35 one morning as he started his car.

“Oh, boy,” he said. “My hands were so cold.”

But he thinks Winnipeg will cozy up to a relocated NHL team from a southern hockey coldspot. It’s a fun place, he says of Winnipeg.

“People don’t quite understand the city just because it’s so cold. They love their hockey there. I think they’ll do well there.”

Now, it’s the Stanley Cup finals as a Canucks fourth-liner or press-box observer.

Nothing wrong with that. At least, he’s no quitter

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a Sportsnet special on the Sedins looking back at how they came to be drafted by Vancouver. Was interesting on two fronts. Number one, Brian Burke actually looked competent back then. Secondly I also found it a tad ironic the draft took place in Boston that year.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Bieksa's agent will just send this to Gillis / Gilman

[YOUTUBE]PVTPrv-2scI[/YOUTUBE]

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a great day for Hockey!

LETS DO THIS

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The schedule for this series has made it feel like slow motion so far...

Game 2 should be very similar to Game 1.

Canucks should pot a PP goal given 6 chances so the B's need to be careful.

I like Ballard over Alberts, we will see come gametime I guess.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bieksa's agent will just send this to Gillis / Gilman

[YOUTUBE]PVTPrv-2scI[/YOUTUBE]

epic I taint got no rep to spread so I owe you one

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too many shots taken at the Flames in that Bieksa video (lol)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
patersonjeff Jeff Paterson
Canucks have scored 4 goals in last 2 games. Only one has come before 19:41 of 3rd period

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
1LCm.thomas.jpg

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts, it looks like Manny is in tonight!