• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for the canuck fans that travelled and spent thousands to go to boston for those ass kickings. man that would suck.

my broker/investment advisor went to all 3 games in Boston ... nice to see my commission fees going to good use :suspicious:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberto Luongo, who shut out the Bruins in games 1 and 5, let in three goals quicker than it takes a fan to get a beer in Boston (and American beer is weak!), and after a perfect deflection that beat Schneider, the Bruins were up 4-0 in just over 4 minutes. I mean come on! It was a shocking as it was expected and deep down, Vancouver fans should have expected nothing less.

Canucks lose again in Boston but should we expect anything less?

Oh come on now, American beer isn't as bad as it use to be. Not all American beer is like having sex in a canoe.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for the canuck fans that travelled and spent thousands to go to boston for those ass kickings. man that would suck.

Could you imagine if they were sitting next to the 3 kids that made that one video, and they just kept singing the whole game?
2a.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read on a fantasy site that Edler is quesionable for game 7 after missing large portions of game 6...You guys (jstew, mattola etc.) hearing anything?!?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Edler's status for Game 7 is a mystery - NBA- NBC Sports
Alexander Edler is questionable for Game 7 after missing large chunks of Monday's game due to a possible injury.

Edler missed the final minutes of the first period after he boarded Tyler Seguin. He returned to the game, but left with 15 minutes still on the clock in the third period. We'll keep you posted.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read on a fantasy site that Edler is quesionable for game 7 after missing large portions of game 6...You guys (jstew, mattola etc.) hearing anything?!?

not gonna get an update until they land in vancouver

Nolan Baumgartner stealthly joined the team ... dont know when that happened :L

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries are certainly piling up. Kesler definately isn't 100%. This has been a home series so far. I expect Luongo to bounce back the same way he did in Game 5. The first goal will be huge. Whoever gets it might hoist the Cup.

While it truly means nothing, I agree.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he's able to play. Since Postmaster has Edler and I have Kaberle and Chara, I'd hate to automatically win the pool by default if Edler sits out. I want game 7 to be a competitive nail-biter all the way to the end, both on the ice and here on the board!

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking back my feeling on Game 7. I don't see any way the Bruins aren't winning tomorrow. The injuries are piling up for Vancouver and Thomas just isn't going to let the Canucks score on him.

Wouldn't be surprised if Boston wins big again, like 4-1 or 5-1.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking back my feeling on Game 7. I don't see any way the Bruins aren't winning tomorrow. The injuries are piling up for Vancouver and Thomas just isn't going to let the Canucks score on him.

Wouldn't be surprised if Boston wins big again, like 4-1 or 5-1.

God damnit, I got fucking stomach pains already. I am so stressed out right now. I need to hit my comfort zone with alcohol tomorrow and not go too far, lol.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it truly means nothing, I agree.

this is so true. it doesnt matter what has happened the first 6 games this is game 7 and anything can happen. going to be awesome

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is so true. it doesnt matter what has happened the first 6 games this is game 7 and anything can happen. going to be awesome

Fuck yes it is. Each team is 3-3. Nothing else before this matters. Who shows up?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as in each game the team to score first has gone on to win... There are so many trends going in this series. I cant fucking wait! FAST FORWARD to GAME TIME!

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well guys, I know I'm late to the party today but here are my thoughts, fwiw. Like I've thought all along, this will go down to 7 games and rightfully so with these two teams.
I wasn't really shocked that the Canucks lost last night although a little disappointed. Especially with soft goals by Lu. I was yelling at the TV to pull the guy after the second goal. It was obvious we were in for another blow-out. Two things every goalie I ever knew didn't want to happen, getting beat short side from the wing and getting beat 5-hole. Lu did both in 35 seconds. Horrible and the third goal looked like he wasn't even trying to get in position. I don't understand it but I'm hoping for another bounce back on home ice. I thought Schneider played well coming in and had no chance on both of the goals he let in.
Ehrhoff still looks lost in the defensive zone to me and Alberts and Tanev weren't as solid as they were in game 5. Tip-o-the-cap to the Bruins for jumping on their opportunity and getting it done although I think a few B's fans were a little nervous before they got that fifth goal to seal it. They were starting to give the puck away like they did in game 4 in Tampa and if not for a couple posts and Thomas' brilliance, it could have easily been 4-3 or even 4-4 late.
The injuries are adding up for the Canucks. I really hope Raymond will be okay and hockey is a far second to that, the same goes for how I feel about Horton. Get healthy guys, first and foremost. I hope the Canucks have enough left to take this thing at home Wednesday but it is game 7 and all bets are off. Here's hoping we have a classic battle and may the best team be left standing at the end with the greatest trophy in all of sports.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres your stat of the day (dont worry jeff youll like this one)

anomaly? or does the team that hits most end up killing itself in the end?

Playoff Team Hits leaders by year:

03/04 CGY 582 (Stanley cup runner up)
05/06 CAR 542 (Stanley cup winner)
06/07 OTT 545 (Stanley cup runner up)
07/08 PITT 636 (Stanley cup runner up)
08/09 DET 755 (Stanley cup runner up)
09/10 PHI 674 (Stanley cup runner up)

10/11 VAN sitting at 809 total hits (no chance of Boston catching them)

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only stats you need to know about this year's Final and why it might cost the Canucks the Cup:

Luongo in Boston, 0-3. 8.11 gaa
Sedins + Kesler in series: 2g, 4a - 6pts in 6 gp

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, I know I'm late to the party today but here are my thoughts, fwiw. Like I've thought all along, this will go down to 7 games and rightfully so with these two teams.
I wasn't really shocked that the Canucks lost last night although a little disappointed. Especially with soft goals by Lu. I was yelling at the TV to pull the guy after the second goal. It was obvious we were in for another blow-out. Two things every goalie I ever knew didn't want to happen, getting beat short side from the wing and getting beat 5-hole. Lu did both in 35 seconds. Horrible and the third goal looked like he wasn't even trying to get in position. I don't understand it but I'm hoping for another bounce back on home ice. I thought Schneider played well coming in and had no chance on both of the goals he let in.
Ehrhoff still looks lost in the defensive zone to me and Alberts and Tanev weren't as solid as they were in game 5. Tip-o-the-cap to the Bruins for jumping on their opportunity and getting it done although I think a few B's fans were a little nervous before they got that fifth goal to seal it. They were starting to give the puck away like they did in game 4 in Tampa and if not for a couple posts and Thomas' brilliance, it could have easily been 4-3 or even 4-4 late.
The injuries are adding up for the Canucks. I really hope Raymond will be okay and hockey is a far second to that, the same goes for how I feel about Horton. Get healthy guys, first and foremost. I hope the Canucks have enough left to take this thing at home Wednesday but it is game 7 and all bets are off. Here's hoping we have a classic battle and may the best team be left standing at the end with the greatest trophy in all of sports.

Cheers bro! Gonna be a battle!

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only stats you need to know about this year's Final and why it might cost the Canucks the Cup:

Luongo in Boston, 0-3. 8.11 gaa
Sedins + Kesler in series: 2g, 4a - 6pts in 6 gp

That's very true but would you have even dreamed there would be a game 7 if anyone had said those stats would be there?
Fwiw, I thought the Sedins played the best game they have in the whole series last night. Not much on the scoreboard to show for it but they had a lot more chances and they looked a lot sharper.
Another stat about Luongo, too. At home he's 3-0 with a 0.67 GAA. Talk about your proverbial Jeckyl & Hyde. Maybe he just don't like "The Gahden". He wouldn't be the first.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres your stat of the day (dont worry jeff youll like this one)

anomaly? or does the team that hits most end up killing itself in the end?

Playoff Team Hits leaders by year:

03/04 CGY 582 (Stanley cup runner up)
05/06 CAR 542 (Stanley cup winner)
06/07 OTT 545 (Stanley cup runner up)
07/08 PITT 636 (Stanley cup runner up)
08/09 DET 755 (Stanley cup runner up)
09/10 PHI 674 (Stanley cup runner up)

10/11 VAN sitting at 809 total hits (no chance of Boston catching them)
wow :eek: Whole lotta hitting going on.