• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver needs to take a cue from the Habs in the first round: Don't engage the Bruins, especially after the whistle.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the PP's clicking you don't need to worry about it as Boston won't be too eager to take liberties on players.

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If the PP's clicking you don't need to worry about it as Boston won't be too eager to take liberties on players.

Totally true, that.

I am hoping the Canucks can put a complete effort together tonight, with a close game all the way.

Eager to see Bieksa with Ballard. I think thats an upgrade over Bieksa Rome, although Hamhuis is sorely missed.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver's a really strange team to watch. They can flat out dominate a team and look like the best in all of hockey one moment, and then they'll go through long stretches where they look completely lackluster.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver's a really strange team to watch. They can flat out dominate a team and look like the best in all of hockey one moment, and then they'll go through long stretches where they look completely lackluster.

OF

THE

FUCKIGN

YEAR

I mean it. this sums up this team perfectly. lets hope they are the dominant one tonight

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in all seriousness tonight good luck and lets hope to a clean game by both. If both play clean let the best team win.

oh and all your Bruins fans are a bunch of fuckfaces

:hand:

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the between the whistles stuff is a thing of the past now. I think both teams know now there's too much at stake to let crap like that interfere with the rest of the series.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Vancouver needs to take a cue from the Habs in the first round: Don't engage the Bruins, especially after the whistle.

Everything the Canucks need to know to win this series, they learned from round 1.
- Bos better forward depth
- Chi better defensive depth
- Bos better goalie (that said, Crawford was damned sharp, too)
other than that, it's a pretty similar style team.

hit Chara every single shift. the big lug will wear down. we've seen this.
and disciple - not just in after whistle stuff, but in their game play.
If we hit, we win.

go_canucks_go-4163.gif

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I totally agree with this, but its easier said than done the way this series is being called. Players can only take so many uncalled high sticks, slashes, cross checks etc. with non-calls and not "engage" the perp or join the scrum.

If they call everything, everyone whines about flow/lack of 5-5, but at least they call everything setting a standard.

If they only call obvious/blatant stuff, players start to embelish to make sure calls are noticed. Embelishment makes the referees job harder. Referees hate that, whether its a legit penalty or not. IMO that leads to more non-calls, creating a vicious cycle.