• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: St. Louis Cardinals vs LA Dodgers

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is in the same streak for the Niners, and it gets repeated ad nauseum. I have not heard the same factoid mentioned by anyone about Matheny (of course, it just happened for him, but I would have thought it would have been mentioned by someone at some time as a possibility).

I am not sure what that means, just an observation.

Those who have been watching Matheny know exactly what he is doing. Now, I will say that he stepped into a system that La Russa handed him. He was La Russa's catcher, and inherited his players and farm system. But that being said, what Matheny has done has been nothing short of amazing. No one can underestimate the Cards in October, and you can only also really say that about Bochy, except that Bochy has been in SF for almost a decade, and has been a successful coach since Matheny was a rookie. To me, SF and StL are the only two teams in baseball that you know will be playing their best baseball in October. For Matheny do be able to do that in only his 3rd season (regardless of how or why) is phenomenal.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig batted .250/.357/.417 in the NLDS. Uribe had a .235 OPS in 17 PA and Gordon had a .440 OPS. They couldn't even get Justin Turner (who somehow pulled a 155 OPS+ in 322 PA this year out of his ass) some plate appearances?