• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla top 25 week 8 discussion thread

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. As far as my rankings go, they're based on who a team has played, who a team has beat and who I think would win a head-to-head matchup.I fired back in this thread after being personally attacked. If that's trolling then ban me.

you sure?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's not trolling. An Ohio State fan started with the name calling and personal attacks in this thread. Ban him.

Every thread you enter, you disrupt it. It is clear that you are here for one reason... To rustle the jimmies.

You can no longer defend that poll. You arent that dumb. I know that.

You are doing it to get a rise out of everyone. Which I give you, you succeed every time. But your act as worn out its welcome.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every thread you enter, you disrupt it. It is clear that you are here for one reason... To rustle the jimmies.

You can no longer defend that poll. You arent that dumb. I know that.

You are doing it to get a rise out of everyone. Which I give you, you succeed every time. But your act as worn out its welcome.

I didn't disrupt the thread. I fired back at an Ohio State troll after a personal attack.

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stop attacking him,

you may now take a look at my poll :) and start attackin me

start. . . . . . .

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't make a list here...GOOD viewing thread tho and INTERESTING how some people think of me Beavers and then rate them.

I have said ALL along how well this year was "setup" for my team. It is like a preseason building up to a 2nd half MONSTER PAC schedule that is sure to show ALL just what Riley has got out west.

Sure there was that FCS EWU "speedbump" to start off the year, but one has to have thick skin and let that sweat just roll of the back and move on. I'm sure the pollsters won't let it go, perhaps they shouldn't. IF OSU runs the table out in the 2nd half, then what? That would be a miracle I spose. I had the club going 10-2 with "L's" @ ASU and Oregon before the season started, guess the Beavers WILL HAVE to beat ASU in Zona later this year to make up for the horrible loss to start the year with.

IT ALL had to do with the "Civil" this year in my mind anywhoze. Doesn't get ANY BETTER than that. ONE GAME for the ALL the marbles. I'll be there to see THAT ONE too, with whatever happens to my Team till then.:suds:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to examples of teams outside my top 10 with more impressive wins. There aren't any.

What ranked team has A&M beat to deserve a #6 ranking?

Like I said, its a troll poll.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ranked team has A&M beat to deserve a #6 ranking?

Like I said, its a troll poll.

the same ones that ohio state to get rankings in the 3-5 range from people? how are you so sure that ohio state wouldn't have 2 losses themselves if they played alabama and auburn? is it all of ohio state's success against good sec teams in the past?

for what it's worth, i don't a&m is are worth #6 or even top 10, but assuming ohio state is better is dangerous too, because ohio state hasn't beaten any teams as good or better than the teams aTm lost to (both close/competitive games)

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the same ones that ohio state to get rankings in the 3-5 range from people? how are you so sure that ohio state wouldn't have 2 losses themselves if they played alabama and auburn? is it all of ohio state's success against good sec teams in the past?

for what it's worth, i don't a&m is are worth #6 or even top 10, but assuming ohio state is better is dangerous too, because ohio state hasn't beaten any teams as good or better than the teams aTm lost to (both close/competitive games)

Ohio State has beaten a currently ranked team.

A&M hasn't so its not the same at all.

You can't sit there and play hypotheticals and guess. You either win or you don't.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...Mamba... are the mods on board with what I've been saying about bino?

LOL at saying you aren't a troll when everyone who was on ESPN knows that is total BS. Kudos on rustling the other folks' jimmies, hope the family in Jawja is doing well. Now it's time to go.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so, because Auburn beat A&M for the tie breaker.

That's how the SEC divisions work anyway, but the BCS selection may be based on ranks, I don't know.

The BCS poll is probably the best one to go by but even it is heavily tainted by pollster bias. Every poll is tainted by the bias of the person making the poll or the persons voting in the poll. That's why polls basically suck.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BCS poll is probably the best one to go by but even it is heavily tainted by pollster bias. Every poll is tainted by the bias of the person making the poll or the persons voting in the poll. That's why polls basically suck.

Polls are balanced by the number of voters. Individual polls suck, but the biases are stamped out by volume.

Polls error because humans error. The only non-biased means of ranking teams is via computers, and even then there is much they can't account for that humans can.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's in there somewhere. Somehow, that's what she said. I'm just not sure how.