• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 2 2015

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could care less about your poll but defending it like you are unbiased is dumb.

?? Why?? I said Im going to TRY and be unbiased. I wasnt defending shit. I was explaining why it was the way it was. If you dont like it thats cool. No skin off my back

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? Why?? I said Im going to TRY and be unbiased. I wasnt defending shit. I was explaining why it was the way it was. If you dont like it thats cool. No skin off my back
were all anxiously awaiting iowa's top ranking next week with a victory over power5 cyclones.....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were all anxiously awaiting iowa's top ranking next week with a victory over power5 cyclones.....

Very well could be, its a road game so we will have to see what happens with everyone else IF Iowa wins ( which I dont think they will )

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theyll be ranked for sure Im guessing, obviously depends on what else happens this weekend. Im sure by years end theyll be 6-6 and it wont matter

Yeah and you'll have them higher than FSU and Clemson in the process. :L

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise not moving up is odd. I wish northwestern would've made it in over some of these teams that haven't done anything yet (Arizona, Arkansas, Missouri, lsu, Fsu, Clemson, etc.)

They don't deserve to move up and I personally feel like they are over-ranked at 19th in this poll, maybe shouldn't be ranked at all. They beat a rebuilding Washington team with no offense at home by three in a game they were 12 point favorites in. If that 46 yard field goal attempt from Washington at the end goes in, I don't think Boise wins that game in overtime. The new OC (the fifth damn one in five years) has never done the job before and seems way in over his head. The QB Ryan Finley is average at the very best. The last time Boise had an average QB was 25 years ago when they were a shitty FCS team. The offense stalled in the second half and scored zero points in the last two quarters. Special teams was a complete disaster and damn near cost them the game with a blocked kick, blocked punt, punt return allowed for Washington's only touchdown, etc., etc. In fact if not for the absolute beastly play from their defense, special teams alone would have lost them that game. Sorry to come off negative. I'm only trying to put my emotions aside as a fan and be real.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and you'll have them higher than FSU and Clemson in the process. :L

Sure and theyll deserve to be ranked higher than FSU and Clemson based on this year alone. By years end itll likely be very different.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or better yet, how can anyone justify Minnesota behind Utah based on last week. To do so, you have to find TCU is not 14 points better than Michigan. And anyone who saw those games on Thursday knows TCU wins by 35+ if they play on a neutral field.

Silly Minnesota and their hard OOC scheduling. A 7 point win over Boston College would have been smarter.

Winning >>>>>>>>>> losing.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont consider anyone to be ranked before game 1. You guys always get your panties twisted over someone trying to do things different at the start but at the END of the year everyone bemoans preseason rtanking bias and " thats why so and so is still ranked or why team A is still ranked above team B"... you cant have it both ways. Im just trying something different so get over it. And I value wins over PSU and Stanford because they are P5 wins. Nothing other than that

Ive tried doing it that way for the past couple years, but the first three weeks are tricky because a Hail Mary win over Nebraska means BYU isn't deserving of a spot sooooo far ahead of Nebraska. Having them 6th and Nebraska unranked despite them being fairly even on the field is hard for me to fathom. But, i still gave teams credit for this year. But, the goal should be to rank teams based solely on this season. Which is something I've tried to do, I've just used the eye test a little more to begin the season

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive tried doing it that way for the past couple years, but the first three weeks are tricky because a Hail Mary win over Nebraska means BYU isn't deserving of a spot sooooo far ahead of Nebraska. Having them 6th and Nebraska unranked despite them being fairly even on the field is hard for me to fathom. But, i still gave teams credit for this year. But, the goal should be to rank teams based solely on this season. Which is something I've tried to do, I've just used the eye test a little more to begin the season

Im not sure how you can use the eye test this early when so many teams are playing shit opponents. I mean its noce when a team wins 45-3 but the eye test doesnt tell you much when the opponent is SE Missouri State. I put BYU that high because other than TCU and OSU I think BYU had the 3rd best road win of any team in CFB ( it just wasnt as dominant of a win as MSU over WMU ). Sure it was a Hail Mary but a win is a win and after this weekend it likely wont matter anyway

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure how you can use the eye test this early when so many teams are playing shit opponents. I mean its noce when a team wins 45-3 but the eye test doesnt tell you much when the opponent is SE Missouri State. I put BYU that high because other than TCU and OSU I think BYU had the 3rd best road win of any team in CFB ( it just wasnt as dominant of a win as MSU over WMU ). Sure it was a Hail Mary but a win is a win and after this weekend it likely wont matter anyway

Eye test, guess test. Whatever. same thing, different wording. It gets the same result. I'm just saying it's hard to say BYU is wayyyyyy better than Nebraska. Or Boise state is wayyyy better than Washington or South Carolina is wayy better than North Carolina based on ONE week of games. That being said, I like the idea and where you're coming from and I think it's good.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eye test, guess test. Whatever. same thing, different wording. It gets the same result. I'm just saying it's hard to say BYU is wayyyyyy better than Nebraska. Or Boise state is wayyyy better than Washington or South Carolina is wayy better than North Carolina based on ONE week of games. That being said, I like the idea and where you're coming from and I think it's good.

Yeah 1 week is far too small of a smaple size BUT thats probably why having any polls until about week 6 or 7 is stupid to begin with. As much as people think its dumb to have BYU at 6 there will 100% be at least 1 team that is in everyones top 10 right now that ends up outside the top 25... maybe more than that. Its all best guess right now. Im just guessing based off results instead of expectations.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 1 week is far too small of a smaple size BUT thats probably why having any polls until about week 6 or 7 is stupid to begin with. As much as people think its dumb to have BYU at 6 there will 100% be at least 1 team that is in everyones top 10 right now that ends up outside the top 25... maybe more than that. Its all best guess right now. Im just guessing based off results instead of expectations.

But really you're guessing off of records instead of results. Because Nebraska wasn't significantly outperformed my BYU. Again, it's a good idea and works in theory but there'd be more people doing it like that if you were strictly going off of results from this season.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really you're guessing off of records instead of results. Because Nebraska wasn't significantly outperformed my BYU. Again, it's a good idea and works in theory but there'd be more people doing it like that if you were strictly going off of results from this season.

Sure I get it, nothing is perfect and even when you try to use this seasons results only you still have no basis for comparison this early in the year. Its the reason a team like 2014 A&M vaults in the polls for beating a GREAT USCe team that ended up being a pretty pedestrian USCe team. The good news is that there is so much season left it is irrelevant right now. People can get twisted about my poll but at the end of the day most of the teams they have ranked right now havent proven anything this year so their polls are likely just as suspect. Too tough to tell 1 week in

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?? If YOU want to use preseason expectations to rank teams then go for it/ Whats wrong with using this season and its results ONLY to rank teams?? Isnt that actually what people SHOULD do??

@24seven has done this in the past, some people complained and I always stuck up for him and enjoyed his polls.

And I even did the same thing to some degree this year, but not 100%.

But your problem is - you don't even know what the quality wins are, when a team struggled and when they didn't and your overall assessment of the teams is just terrible.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@24seven has done this in the past, some people complained and I always stuck up for him and enjoyed his polls.

And I even did the same thing to some degree this year, but not 100%.

But your problem is - you don't even know what the quality wins are, when a team struggled and when they didn't and your overall assessment of the teams is just terrible.

Actually impossible to know if youa re really using only this years results. As much as we think we know we dont know for sure. Hell Wisconsin could go 12-1 and that Bama win looks unreal OR the Badgers could go 5-7 and then the win wasnt all that impressive. Likewise with VT, Minnesota etc... all of it is best guess. I watched pretty much every big game this weekend so I am well aware of who played well but only about 5 teams played opponents that looked decent. Everyone else played shit so no real way to objectively rate teams right now. Thats why preseason polls are dumb as shit but still need to try and rank them

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I am surprised people are so down on TCU's performance. Based on LAST year Minnesota was far and away the best team anyone beat on the road in week 1. Not even close really. TCU controlled the game for the most part, the didnt drop 50 but they didnt do that last year vs the Gophers either and that game was in Ft Worth.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually impossible to know if youa re really using only this years results. As much as we think we know we dont know for sure. Hell Wisconsin could go 12-1 and that Bama win looks unreal OR the Badgers could go 5-7 and then the win wasnt all that impressive. Likewise with VT, Minnesota etc... all of it is best guess. I watched pretty much every big game this weekend so I am well aware of who played well but only about 5 teams played opponents that looked decent. Everyone else played shit so no real way to objectively rate teams right now. Thats why preseason polls are dumb as shit but still need to try and rank them

It's not impossible.

Everyone else did it, you didn't.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not impossible.

Everyone else did it, you didn't.

No, everyone else used a more accepted form of guessing. Its still guessing though. Thats fact

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, everyone else used a more accepted form of guessing. Its still guessing though. Thats fact

And those guesses are better than the crap you posted. Because it's not just a random guess that people are making. They are educated guesses.

And if you think otherwise, let's see you put your money where your mouth is. Your poll vs mine, all offseason AVI bet, the person who has the most teams in their original top25 that are ranked at the end of the year wins.

We can also count the number of spots missed by for a better measure.