• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Split End vs. Flanker vs. Slot Receiver in Fantasy?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on which type of receiver is best to have in fantasy? I believe I have 2 split ends in A. Rob and Fulgham, a flanker in Ridley, a slot in Boyd, and I think Antonio Brown moves around a lot, but he's mostly on the outside, I think. Do most guys move around in the different receiver roles?

Is the best WR usually a split end or a flanker? Julio is a split end, but I think Jerry Rice was a flanker.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros and cons to each. Each team is different, heck each system, an etc varies in the useage. Like in an Adam offense , you want the slot guy, big time.

with mr Watson down there in Houston, he doesn’t use his slot much, he loves the outside guys.... so u kinda gotta educate yourself a bit on coaches, systems, and qbs tendencies and merge it all together.

like for the Steelers. I know not everyone knows this. Did you know juju is the slot guy.? He doesn’t and and never has been outside much.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with SP above.
Depends on the system, QB or tier of the WR.
Edelman and Welker were money for Brady.
Holt was the cog for Warner and Bulger.
Megatron was elite for anyone under center in DET.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much agree with what's been said, there is no set in stone way to approach it. Hell, there nor even a set in stone way to view most receivers. Its far too common to see your "split end" in the slot, to really make any realistic assumptions about the monikers. I mean, Mike Evans, who is most decidedly NOT a slot receiver, spent half his snaps last week in the slot. System, QB, and how the funnel targets to certain areas are far more important than worrying about what those areas will be called

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros and cons to each. Each team is different, heck each system, an etc varies in the useage. Like in an Adam offense , you want the slot guy, big time.

with mr Watson down there in Houston, he doesn’t use his slot much, he loves the outside guys.... so u kinda gotta educate yourself a bit on coaches, systems, and qbs tendencies and merge it all together.

like for the Steelers. I know not everyone knows this. Did you know juju is the slot guy.? He doesn’t and and never has been outside much.
So that’s supposed to say “qb etc”....”..Adam gase offense”..

Also @Robotech one if the reason I loved Boyd this season is the slot role in that offense..

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that’s supposed to say “qb etc”....”..Adam gase offense”..

Also @Robotech one if the reason I loved Boyd this season is the slot role in that offense..

Can we say that slot receivers have a higher floor in general in 0.5 or full PPR?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much agree with what's been said, there is no set in stone way to approach it. Hell, there nor even a set in stone way to view most receivers. Its far too common to see your "split end" in the slot, to really make any realistic assumptions about the monikers. I mean, Mike Evans, who is most decidedly NOT a slot receiver, spent half his snaps last week in the slot. System, QB, and how the funnel targets to certain areas are far more important than worrying about what those areas will be called

I kinda wonder if my WR's are more bust prone if I start all X guys or guys that primarily are out there as the X receiver. Yeah, I hear what you're saying that guys move around a lot. I'm guessing it's pretty common. I think Davante Adams gets used all over the place. Last Sunday, I think Antonio Brown was mostly used as an X, but I remember him being in motion one time so he was either a Z or a slot on that play.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we say that slot receivers have a higher floor in general in 0.5 or full PPR?
no, you cant. Because again it depends on the system, the qb, etc......

for instance, how is the slot wide receiver doing in houston, or detroit, or NE(now), or bmore etc.

systems favor certain positions, formations etc. QB's have tendencies as well.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, personally I don't get too caught up in what they are called or even where they line up. It's the system and QB repour with that guy that matters. Rodgers will look for Adams regardless where he is on the field as will many QB's. They have a favorite and level of trust. ....
QB changes always concern me way more than the WR 'title' - if QB X gets hurt or replaced with QB Z, many times a guy who was pretty much ignored by X suddenly gets more targets from Z. .....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, personally I don't get too caught up in what they are called or even where they line up. It's the system and QB repour with that guy that matters. Rodgers will look for Adams regardless where he is on the field as will many QB's. They have a favorite and level of trust. ....
QB changes always concern me way more than the WR 'title' - if QB X gets hurt or replaced with QB Z, many times a guy who was pretty much ignored by X suddenly gets more targets from Z. .....
i think this would some it nicely

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most WRs play all over the lineup Thomas had 95 targets as a wideout and 90 in the slot last year
good read on this

i agree with whats been said here its more about their talent +qb then where they play :suds: