• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spikes replacement at Ted

PaleRider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I surf a lot of boards and post on few (well this one in particular now, I guess lol) and I came across a thread on the webzone that piqued my interest. A guy on there brought up that Bowman may be better suited for the Mike position. I think I agree with that assessment. I'm inclined to think that McKillop or Grant will take over the role as opposed to Bowman. And Bowman seems to fit better in the role of Pat than Takeo.

Granted my opinion is based on what we have been doing the past couple of years in Manusky's 3-4. Fangio's D will be different (Thank you football gods!)

Is there any reason Bowman can't swing outside to the weak side? I admit that I'm not a guru but is there any reason he can't do what Lawson has done for us in the past? 14.5 sacks in 4 years? Or was it 5 years?

He seems to have the speed. Maybe just no pass rush technique?
I think I would rather have McKillop or Grant on the inside based on what I have seen. Still no idea why the Rams were using Grant on the outside, but I could see Bowman working there. Am I missing something?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know yet what our Ted LB will be asked to do. There was widespread misinformation among fans that the Ted in Manuskys D needed to take on blockers and just be a thumper. Not true. That is why Spikes was so productive and why Bowman is a good fit IF that role is the same with Fangio. The reason Lawson is gone is because of his lack of pass rush. We are trying to have two OLBs that can rush the passer like the Steelers. Brooks and Aldon are our best bet at the moment.