• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SoxFest 2020

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read your post to mean the Cubs were being sh*t on and the Sox are being exalted on high in general. Probably just lost in translation, but it is a follow up relative to all this "Cubs are going downhill...Sox are going uphill" articles and mentions I keep seeing/hearing.

Cubs have one of the highest payrolls in baseball and will continue to do so...so long as their management isn't completely inept, they will be consistently competitive. I would long for the Sox to be there. We need huge hits on most free agents (usually second tier ones) and prospects locked up for the long term before they outprice us. Furthermore, if the Cubs have a big fallout, they will rebound much faster than we would.

Life is unfair.
Ok, so let's clear up this one thing. I can only speak for myself, but personally, while I see the two Chicago teams heading in opposite directions, I believe the Cubs are overall better than the Sox. They still have an impressive lineup and dependable, if not really great, starting pitching. I think we have the better pen and possibly the better bench. At this point if I had to objectively choose as to who has the better 26 man roster, I'd reluctantly have to go with the Cubs. But I'll continue to argue that at least the arrow is pointing up with our team. Can't say the same thing for the Northsiders.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what you're trying to prove here Jiddy. You use to have the best sense of humor on this board and second place wasn't even close. For whatever reason, somewhere down the line you've become super bitter and have turned into a total fuckhead. I guess whatever gets your jollies these days.

yeah we get it lsd. those of us who have a bright cheery outlook on the sox are cool while those who don't are fuckheads. if you were REALLY smart (not like ... THINK you're smart) you'd shut the fuck up when you don't agree with their outlook because you can't seem to help turning things into a name calling contest.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah we get it lsd. those of us who have a bright cheery outlock on the sox are cool while those who don't are fuckheads. if you were REALLY smart (not like ... THINK you're smart) you'd shut the fuck up when you don't agree with their outlook because you can't help turning things into a name calling contest.
No id, that's completely misleading. Those who never have anything but negative things to say about the Sox or who constantly deride Sox fans for being positive about the future are the fuckheads. I'll never insult someone just because they have a critical take on something about the Sox. I've had them myself. I'll always respect an opposite opinion if it's meant to be strictly a critique. Please understand that important difference. It's only whenever anyone tries to say something even the slightest bit upbeat that there has to be a negative follow up just for negativity's sake - that to me defines a fuckhead, so quit trying to play armchair psychologist with me.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so let's clear up this one thing. I can only speak for myself, but personally, while I see the two Chicago teams heading in opposite directions, I believe the Cubs are overall better than the Sox. They still have an impressive lineup and dependable, if not really great, starting pitching. I think we have the better pen and possibly the better bench. At this point if I had to objectively choose as to who has the better 26 man roster, I'd reluctantly have to go with the Cubs. But I'll continue to argue that at least the arrow is pointing up with our team. Can't say the same thing for the Northsiders.

The bold is our sticking point. If our arrow turns out to be false, everything falls into a shambles. We go the way of the lower tier teams like the Marlins etc at this point. The Cubs, through sheer financial power, can reverse a course and be exalted on high within a single offseason. You think we accomplished that this past offseason with a little bit of this and that, imagine if you doubled our financial firepower.

To say "Can't say the same thing for the Northsiders" is just wrong...They have the financial flexibility to turn around their ship year in and year out for the most part. Money solves everything...because money leads to good players. We're playing on a different playing field.

So if Cubs fans are upset, truly upset, that's f*cking sad. I wish the Sox had an outlook where I could expect them to be playoff-challenging competitive for most of the decade regardless of what the current roster looked like.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is our sticking point. If our arrow turns out to be false, everything falls into a shambles. We go the way of the lower tier teams like the Marlins etc at this point. The Cubs, through sheer financial power, can reverse a course and be exalted on high within a single offseason. You think we accomplished that this past offseason with a little bit of this and that, imagine if you doubled our financial firepower.

To say "Can't say the same thing for the Northsiders" is just wrong...They have the financial flexibility to turn around their ship year in and year out for the most part. Money solves everything...because money leads to good players. We're playing on a different playing field.

So if Cubs fans are upset, truly upset, that's f*cking sad. I wish the Sox had an outlook where I could expect them to be playoff-challenging competitive for most of the decade regardless of what the current roster looked like.
First things first. Notice the only word I highlighted in your entire post? Have we not already had this discussion on a number of occasions that everything is if? No one has a crystal ball Jiddy, the Sox could go on to win the WS this year or they could end up with an ever worse record than this past season. It's a total crapshoot when it comes to forecasting the future. Your concerns that the Sox will end up tanking are no better/no worse, no more accurate/no less accurate than for those of us who believe better days are ahead, starting with the 2020 season. That should be self explanatory, so why it takes me a bunch of posts to keep driving that point home is beyond me. Look, I get that you're not happy with the offseason or at the very least think Sox fans are overhyping it. I get that you like to be that fly in the ointment. What I don't get is a formerly very funny, generally pro-Sox Jidster having to constantly bring down every positive or even semi positive opinion that others post. Shit, you even get down on when it's just an article being posted. I fear you've gone off the deep end. But then again.........

Forgiven.
........Now THAT's the Jiddy I always liked and have gotten so many kicks out of in his past posts!!! Maybe there's hope indeed.