• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox jerk wang-maintain AL east dominance:C's trade Pierce, KG, and Terry

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 393,376.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy had a cult following in LA... Even after convicted. There are idiots in every city.. amirite?

Mamba, you doushnozzle...get off probation before you post here!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no ones angry at you hammer

but youre just making an ass of yourself here

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously.

According to Rock though, never the Patriots. Kraft was completely duped.

he never said that

everybody knew hernandez had off the field issues, and every team would have taken him at some point if the Pats didnt

this has nothign to do with kraft

years ago, the pats took that kid from nebraska who assaulted a woman, or something like that, myra bitched and they released him

there isnt a single NFL franchise that would pass on a top prospect based on off the field issues that were relatively unspecific

but i dont hear hammer bitching about about the rookie that just got accused of attempted murder

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None in Boston. Only Cincinnati, LA and Pittsburgh. Oh yeah and two used to be in Nashville.

I havent actually got mad at my tv since the OJ verdict.. You know genuinely pissed off at humanity. But that shit in MASS yesterday was a flippin disgrace to the human race. Cheering and screaming like the Beatles were coming to town, chanting INNOCENT.... I actually got angry.

THey should have the fire dept out their with a hose and give em a little bit of the high power blast.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he never said that

everybody knew hernandez had off the field issues, and every team would have taken him at some point if the Pats didnt

this has nothign to do with kraft

years ago, the pats took that kid from nebraska who assaulted a woman, or something like that, myra bitched and they released him

there isnt a single NFL franchise that would pass on a top prospect based on off the field issues that were relatively unspecific

but i dont hear hammer bitching about about the rookie that just got accused of attempted murder

christian peter

my how people forget

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, you doushnozzle...get off probation before you post here!

Ahhh, Mamba's just made because the only Blazer I could even remotely argue was better than Bill Russel was Kevin Duckworth. Oh wait, I forgot about 'Sheed.

Rasheed > Bill Russell

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, Mamba's just made because the only Blazer I could even remotely argue was better than Bill Russel was Kevin Duckworth. Oh wait, I forgot about 'Sheed.

Rasheed > Bill Russell

this is you covering your dumbassery from the other day

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second time you've called me that, Down. Honestly, why are you that angry at me?

angry? no...a bit bored by having words put in my mouth for me though.

a bit bored by your whole "boston is the evilest place on the planet" bullshit as well as your blatant falsehoods you use to support such...

And I'll continue to call you an idiot, moron and retard, for as long as you're posting like such...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent actually got mad at my tv since the OJ verdict.. You know genuinely pissed off at humanity. But that shit in MASS yesterday was a flippin disgrace to the human race. Cheering and screaming like the Beatles were coming to town, chanting INNOCENT.... I actually got angry.

THey should have the fire dept out their with a hose and give em a little bit of the high power blast.

50 idiots dont dictate a 5 state regions feelings (CT isnt NE, no matter what people say) :noidea:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most all pats fans are embarrassed about that shit show yesterday

50 morons, and we're all lumped in

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes

better owner than most...any team maybe aside from pitt would trade owners in a heartbeat

you could argue but youd be wrong

do you mean how YOU perceive him in your bubble?

Do you know anything about the Mara family and what they have done for the NFL

Google "Forbes -best owners in the NFL" and presiding at #1 is John Mara and Steve Tisch with
Robert Kraft at a close #2

So no, Giants fans wouldn't trade their owners for anyone

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 idiots dont dictate a 5 state regions feelings (CT isnt NE, no matter what people say) :noidea:

Nope they dont. Like I said all cities have idots. I remember OJ and Ramirez having people cheering for them in Cali as well... Ignorant behavior isnt reserved specifically for one region of the country... Dey everwherez

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know anything about the Mara family and what they have done for the NFL

Google "Forbes -best owners in the NFL" and presiding at #1 is John Mara and Steve Tisch with Robert Kraft at a close #2

So no, Giants fans would trade their owners for anyone

i posted 2 links yesterday with kraft as the best owner

in american sports

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope they dont. Like I said all cities have idots. I remember OJ and Ramirez having people cheering for them in Cali as well... Ignorant behavior isnt reserved specifically for one region of the country... Dey everwherez

and....this.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10. Pat Bowlen: Since taking over for the Broncos in 1984, the team has had three eras of winning. With Dan Reeves as the coach, with Mike Shanahan as the coach (which led to two Super Bowl titles) and with John Fox as coach. Sure, the Broncos have had some misses (Josh McDaniels, anyone?), but Bowlen's willingness to pay Peyton Manning for some late-career magic certainly looks like a good move at this moment. But Bowlen also has become more invisible in the last few years. "I have short-term memory loss,” he told the Denver Post in 2009. "I know that some of the memories of the Super Bowl championships are fading." Still, with executive John Elway helping run the team, the Broncos are in good shape. Bowlen is one important reason for that.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9. Shad Khan: First off, Khan has the best mustache in the NFL, and that truly has to count for something. Right? Seriously, though, that's one helluva mustache. Aside from his facial hair, though, we don't really have much to go on with how Khan will run the team. He probably kept former general manager Gene Smith a year too long. But considering last season was Khan's first year in control, we can forgive that. And, obviously, we don't know how the Gus Bradley coaching hire will work out. Now, I'm not sure I agree with Khan's idea that the Jaguars can be an international favorite, and I'd be a little worried about the possibility of the Jaguars moving to London. But for a franchise that has averaged slightly more than five wins per season in the past five years, Khan provides something important: the hope that better days lie ahead.
8. Bob McNair: The people of Houston still don't like the idea of what Bud Adams did, taking the original AFL squad Oilers and moving them to Nashville after the city wouldn't help fund a new stadium to replace the Astrodome. That left Houston without an NFL team for six years until McNair was awarded the Texans squad that began play in 2002. Sure, it took the Texans eight years to field a team that produced a winning record (and two seasons after that before they made the postseason), but Houston has changed its fortunes in the past couple years. Really, the Texans have been a bit of a disappointment overall since the organization was established, but credit McNair with giving Houston back its NFL team.
7. John Mara: We enjoy long-lasting family ownership groups, and Mara is part of a pretty good one. His grandfather, Tim Mara, founded the Giants organization in the mid-1920s, and though John Mara didn't take over the team full-time until 2005, following the death of his father, Wellington Mara, New York has had a fantastic run since then, winning a pair of Super Bowls. One of Mara's best moves has been to resist the multiple temptations to fire coach Tom Coughlin. But best of all, Mara still corresponds with fans, as the NY Times wrote in 2012. He was one of the more outspoken owners during the lockout of 2011, but still, Giants fans can't argue with the success that Mara has helped continue since he became co-owner.
6. Arthur Blank: He probably would be higher on this list if he didn't recently pull the typical-NFL-owner move of threatening to move his team (to the suburbs) if he didn't get public funds for a new state-of-the-art downtown stadium to replace a dome that's only two decades old. It's the trend, but it always galls me when billionaire owners demand taxpayer money to help pay for the stadium that they want. But, other than that, you can't dispute that Blank has transformed the franchise since taking over in 2002. Though he missed with the coaching hires of Jim Mora Jr. and Bobby Petrino, Blank and company nailed it with Mike Smith. Now, the Falcons are one of the league's Super Bowl favorites heading into 2013, and that was hardly ever going to be the case if the Rankin Smith family was still running the franchise.
5. Packers fans: After the draft in New York, a couple of us hung out with some female Green Bay fans on the porch of their Manhattan apartment and, for a few minutes, they talked about their Green Bay fandom. Each owned one share of stock in the Green Bay organization, and though they (obviously) have no influence on the team's day-to-day decisions and, in effect, they simply own an expensive piece of paper with the Packers insignia, don't tell them that their ownership in the team is worthless. Because it certainly means something to them. Besides, the fact that the fans own the team always strikes me as such a cool thing.
4. Rooney family: You certainly can't argue with the team's track record with the Rooneys in charge. Which has been the entire life of the franchise, going from Art Rooney to Dan Rooney to Art Rooney II. The franchise is the epitome of NFL stability, utilizing only three head coaches since 1969 (not coincidentally, those three coaches have combined for six Super Bowl titles), and you might not find a better example of owners, general managers and coaches sticking to a long-term plan while maintaining an actual family environment. “Some owners treat you like a rental property,” defensive end Nick Eason told the NY Times in 2009. “They have some maintenance guy to take care of it. They just come by to check on it. They look, and they leave. Mr. [Dan] Rooney comes around. He always sticks his hand out to you. ‘Hey, Nick'-- and I'm like, 'He knows my name?'”
3. Steve Bisciotti: It almost seems like I'd have to place the owner of the reigning Super Bowl champs on the list, but that's not necessarily the case. However, Bisciotti makes it awfully easy to include him. Since he bought the team in 2004, the Ravens have suffered only two losing seasons and, in five of the past seven years, Baltimore has won at least 10 games. Bisciotti doesn't make himself a huge part of the story, but the decision to hire coach John Harbaugh in 2008 has worked out pretty well (firing Super Bowl-winning coach Brian Billick also couldn't have been an easy move). Luckily for Bisciotti, general manager Ozzie Newsome was already in his position when Art Modell sold the team to Bisciotti. According to Forbes, the team has doubled in worth since Bisciotti became owner, but he also understands how to raise morale. After all, this is the text message that he sent Harbaugh during the Broncos' double-overtime win against the Broncos last playoffs: "I've never texted you during a game. We are down 35-28. And I think it's the best game I've ever seen us [play] in the playoffs since 2000. Win or lose I am so proud of the team and proud of you.” Pretty awesome, huh?
2. Jim Irsay: Compared to his father, Bob, who was much maligned by many of the people who knew him, the 53-year-old Jim is an absolute godsend for Colts fans. Even without the shadow of his father, though, Jim Irsay is one of the most fun owners around. He plays around on Twitter, and he gives away free stuff to his followers. Plus, he hires the right kind of personnel -- general manager Ryan Grigson so far, coach Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell (for a time, anyway) -- and the organization's decision to draft Peyton Manning rather than Ryan Leaf in 1998 was obviously a huge difference-maker. But Irsay is an empathetic sort, and the sendoff given to Manning by Irsay and the Colts was representative of the NFL that we'd like to see more often. Not to mention how the team handled Chuck Pagano's cancer scare last season. Irsay is fun, and his team has been successful since he took over in 1997. What's not to love?
1. Robert Kraft: He made the best move of his career in 2000, when he forgave Bill Belichick's past transgressions (his reign as Browns coach, his tight relationship with Bill Parcells) and hired him to lead New England. Thirteen years later, the Patriots have been consistently the best team in the league. Yes, Kraft has had to navigate some rocky moments with Belichick in charge (the Spy-gate controversy that was a complete embarrassment, the fact the team has won only three of its last seven postseason games and hasn't touched the Lombardi Trophy since the 2004 season), but even the most ardent pro-union fan had to be touched by this moment after the lockout of 2011 was over (that photo was taken soon after Kraft's beloved wife had died). Even if you hate all other owners, it's awfully difficult for anybody to dislike Kraft.