• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox don't even cheat, still win easily

Andybob

Lurking
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still got faith. And whats even funnier is nobody is running away with the division while the jays are horrible. Whats gonna happen when they arent playing like shit.

They'll play .500 ball?

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they've been beat up by those "good teams"

6-9 against them

and the Yanks are 5-7 vs 'good' teams...less tough games, still in 2nd place....

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks really stupid now... As stupid as the Knicks looked for wearing all black the other day...

Why?

Why wouldn't the comparisons come up?

Of course they would/should.

It's all about providing motivation for the fans... It worked, in spades.

It was one of the best pre-game moments I can ever recall being a part of.

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the Yanks are 5-7 vs 'good' teams...less tough games, still in 2nd place....

and I'm not pounding my chest about how good the yankees are...like you guys about the red sox

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Why wouldn't the comparisons come up?

Of course they would/should.

It's all about providing motivation for the fans... It worked, in spades.

It was one of the best pre-game moments I can ever recall being a part of.

cheapens the 2004 series, IMO...and makes you guys look stupid for drawing the comparisons

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they've been beat up by those "good teams"

6-9 against them

I need to more than a month to decipher how good the Sox's are going be this year. I'm not going to put any weight in a split in said month. Unless it was extra-ordinary, like 2-13 or something.

6-9...after a little over a month? Meh. Would hold the exact same opinion of them if they 9-6 vs winning teams...

Blade was right in that this team is a "wait and see"

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm not pounding my chest about how good the yankees are...like you guys about the red sox

don't blame ya, would be be tough to pound your chest while your team is behind a team that isn't very good

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to more than a month to decipher how good the Sox's are going be this year. I'm not going to put any weight in a split in said month. Unless it was extra-ordinary, like 2-13 or something.

6-9...after a little over a month? Meh. Would hold the exact same opinion of them if they 9-6 vs winning teams...

Blade was right in that this team is a "wait and see"

Agreed...I never said it was definitive proof that they suck...just evidence that they aren't the "best team in baseball"...I agree on the wait and see...I never jumped to any conclusions about the evidence

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't blame ya, would be be tough to pound your chest while your team is behind a team that isn't very good

Man, you guys all went to the same school of arguing...If you're proven wrong or your argument gets destroyed, just make up something the other person never said and claim they said it...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you guys all went to the same school of arguing...If you're proven wrong or your argument gets destroyed, just make up something the other person never said and claim they said it...

That's called a straw man argument. We have a few posters who have been here a long time who love those.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well what was the point of your constantly pointing out the Sox beating cupcakes? Seems to me you were implying they aren't really that good. You post the same thing in so many diff ways it's hard to know what you really mean but you mentioned cupcakes so often that's what I took from it...

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well what was the point of your constantly pointing out the Sox beating cupcakes? Seems to me you were implying they aren't really that good. You post the same thing in so many diff ways it's hard to know what you really mean but you mentioned cupcakes so often that's what I took from it...

I'm implying that they aren't the "best team in baseball"...you know...what you, rock, and chappee have been implying for weeks?

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm implying that they aren't the "best team in baseball"...you know...what you, rock, and chappee have been implying for weeks?

so for us 'implying' means saying but when you 'imply' and we take you literally we're twisting your words....got it

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so for us 'implying' means saying but when you 'imply' and we take you literally we're twisting your words....got it

What did I say that you took literally? I don't believe I ever said the red sox sucked...mind showing me where I "literally" said this?