• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: League engages NFLPA in Brady settlement talks

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: League engages NFLPA in Brady settlement talks | FOX Sports

GYx7Qjh.jpg

file photo

The attempt to find a solution to the Tom Brady suspension appeal is no longer a one-sided effort.

Sources have told FOX Sports the NFL Players Association and the NFL have had an open line of communication in recent days regarding a potential settlement of Brady's four-game ban for his alleged role in the Deflategate scandal. This follows reports from last week that stated the NFLPA's proposal was ignored by the league office.

That seems to have been the case for a while, though now it's possible the sides could be making an earnest effort to work toward a solution.

With the clock ticking toward the Thursday start of the New England Patriots' training camp, the communication suggests NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and his legal team would welcome a resolution that would include Brady and the NFLPA agreeing to forgo a lawsuit that could drag in to the regular season.

Tuesday will mark five weeks since Goodell heard Brady's appeal in Manhattan. A source said Brady has become frustrated with the lack of a decision from Goodell. Surely the Patriots would also like to know whether it will be Brady orJimmy Garoppolo under center when they open the season Sept. 10 against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It's likely the NFL would still want Brady to serve some sort of suspension, while Brady's camp and the union would only accept a fine. Brady has staunchly maintained his innocence privately (and hasn't said much publicly), so it remains unlikely he would accept any settlement that includes sitting out any games.

The impending start of camp has led many to believe this will be the week Goodell finally announces his decision. Though it might seem unlikely a settlement would preclude that announcement, it is clear both sides are at least trying to make it happen.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meanwhile, at hammers house

bell-ringer-jack-off-o.gif

WickedGoodPostah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just laughable at this point. Goodell clearly has no idea what to do. He comes out looking like a moron in every possible scenario.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DNR, but the scuttlebutt you should be banging on today rock is the story about owner(s) being asked if they put any kind of pressure on Goodell about his decision. The one in question said he didn't put pressure, but didn't say he didn't talk to him about it or other language that would have been much better.

What kind of pressure can Brady's team put on the front office now about wanting to call all 32 owners to the stand to ask them if they put pressure on him while he was acting as a non biased arbiter? Do you think the owners want to just make this go away and avoid such things?

Makes it at least a little closer to having this come out with something like a 4 game fine and no games suspended to avoid that.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DNR, but the scuttlebutt you should be banging on today rock is the story about owner(s) being asked if they put any kind of pressure on Goodell about his decision. The one in question said he didn't put pressure, but didn't say he didn't talk to him about it or other language that would have been much better.

What kind of pressure can Brady's team put on the front office now about wanting to call all 32 owners to the stand to ask them if they put pressure on him while he was acting as a non biased arbiter? Do you think the owners want to just make this go away and avoid such things?

Makes it at least a little closer to having this come out with something like a 4 game fine and no games suspended to avoid that.
you didnt see my "whos a bitch?" poll i guess

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no. I can't say I hang on your every word. Frankly, most of your posts tend to be the same. Just read one a week and we are pretty much up to speed on where you are at.

:suds:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no. I can't say I hang on your every word. Frankly, most of your posts tend to be the same. Just read one a week and we are pretty much up to speed on where you are at.

:suds:
hey, that was supposed to be a shot across my bow!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the 4 game suspension. Case closed.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just laughable at this point. Goodell clearly has no idea what to do. He comes out looking like a moron in every possible scenario.
If there is a serious possibility of court action, then attorneys fees could also be awarded if the Court finds that either party acted in bad faith. I'm not sure about federal law, but if one side offers you a settlement and you decide not to participate, then you will automatically have to pay attorneys fees and court costs if the other party gets ANYTHING in the suit. To prevent that, you simply have to offer them something in a settlement that would be more than what the Court later awards

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't agree with us 100% u r hating on us.

Signed all NE fans

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw there was an agreement that the NFL players union has that they will cooperate in all investigations that are being done.

Brady did not cooperate by not giving information that was asked for with his phone and such.

Because of lack of cooperation it was then said there should be a 1 game ban. The talk of the one game ban had nothing to do with the ball inflation but for not cooperating in the investigation

WickedGoodPostah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Signed all NE fans
if you don't admit that all of the patriots success is because they are cheaters then you are a blind patriots homer.
Signed the fans of every other team.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw there was an agreement that the NFL players union has that they will cooperate in all investigations that are being done.

Brady did not cooperate by not giving information that was asked for with his phone and such.

Because of lack of cooperation it was then said there should be a 1 game ban. The talk of the one game ban had nothing to do with the ball inflation but for not cooperating in the investigation

Been saying it since March.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Signed all NE fans

I'm still not sure they've all agreed on what their defense is. I've heard "everybody does it", "it didn't help enough to matter", and as you've mentioned the "haters" defense.

Last edited:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure they've all agreed on what their defense is. I've heard "everybody does it", "it didn't help enough to matter", and as you've mentioned the "haters" defense.

My favorite is ... "It's a kangaroo court" or "he's not guilty". Wtf? He's already been sentenced.

It's like calling Aaron Hernandez innocent can't be done. TB is appealing the guilty sentence. It's hard to watch.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite is ... "It's a kangaroo court" or "he's not guilty". Wtf? He's already been sentenced.

It's like calling Aaron Hernandez innocent can't be done. TB is appealing the guilty sentence. It's hard to watch.

Tgann yes they suspended him. Did they find him guilty no. The Wells report said that more than probable he was aware of the balls being deflated. See the difference?. In regular court like Hernadez there is no more than probable, it has to without any doubt that he is guilty or not

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tgann yes they suspended him. Did they find him guilty no. The Wells report said that more than probable he was aware of the balls being deflated. See the difference?. In regular court like Hernadez there is no more than probable, it has to without any doubt that he is guilty or not

Innocent people and organizations are not fined, suspended, and draft picks seized.

The end.