• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sounds like Kevin Love is staying in Cleveland

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of that, Wade's only going to give you 3/4 of a season. He's still good and one of the better SGs in the league. But he's not worth $20 mil anymore. Once again, a Cavs fan telling others how a championship roster should be constructed. The irony.
LOL - That is funny for sure - Perhaps that's the reason the Cavs have never won. Riley is one of the best in the NBA ever - He took the Lakers to the finals something like 8 of 10 years and won five championship, then left and took Miami to the finals with Shaq Oneal and won and then to the finals with Lebron four years straight and won two more times. And then some loser from the God forsaken hole in the ground called Cleveland is going to tell Riley how to run his team?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, at least Wade waited 'til his latter years before he broke down yearly...

Well, Cavs fans said Irving was better than Wade. We just didn't realize that they were arguing that Irving is better at getting injured more often than Wade.[/QUOTE]

speaking of, how long typically DOES it take to recover from a knee fracture? someone should post what Irving has injured every year he's played. might make for an interesting chart...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kyrie just miss playing in more playoff games then Wade did with James in 4 seasons combined?

yeah, at least Wade waited 'til his latter years before he broke down yearly...[/QUOTE]

Compared to Kyrie, so far, Wade is like an iron man.

4 straight Finals will take its toll on any player, let alone a player dealing with the issues Wade has.

Nobody can deny the incredible physical shape James is in, but he just killed himself for the 5th straight extended season.
Nobody beats Father Time. He already looks 10 years older then he is.
His turn is coming.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Cavs fans said Irving was better than Wade. We just didn't realize that they were arguing that Irving is better at getting injured more often than Wade.[/QUOTE]
This Lebron fan is so stupid that he's flying a Lakers banner - Does he realize that Lebron is a Cavaliers players?:pound:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 straight Finals will take its toll on any player, let alone a player dealing with the issues Wade has.

Nobody can deny the incredible physical shape James is in, but he just killed himself for the 5th straight extended season.
His turn is coming.[/QUOTE]

at times he looked like he could barely WALK after carrying the Cavs in the finals...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His turn is coming.

at times he looked like he could barely WALK after carrying the Cavs in the finals...[/QUOTE]

In his press conference after game 6, he said the way his body felt, that he often thinks that missing the playoffs would be a better option then losing in the Finals.

Of course he doesn't assume or know that he's going to lose, but I believe what he's saying is true in premise.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His turn is coming.[/QUOTE]
Well here is an interesting Stat - Wade didn't even play 72 games in his first season with Miami and in 12 years has only played more than 72 games in five of those years. Wade did not help Shaq win 3 titles like Kobe and wade was not able to carry the Heat like Kobe carried the Lakers. Wade was a good player and a very talented one, but fact is fact and he is worth about 15 million at the most if Miami want's to rebuild quickly and be playoff contenders in the next two years and keep in mind that I didn't think Kobe was worth his 25 million a year either, so it's not personal. I am simply against paying Wade or Kobe more than about 15 million per year. That's more money than what they need and it leaves some gravy for a few other quality players

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at times he looked like he could barely WALK after carrying the Cavs in the finals...

In his press conference after game 6, he said the way his body felt, that he often thinks that missing the playoffs would be a better option then losing in the Finals.

Of course he doesn't assume or know that he's going to lose, but I believe what he's saying is true in premise.[/QUOTE]

gotta say all those deep playoff and finals runs PLUS the Olympics and everything else does add up. even HE'S not immune to the rigors of it all...

one of the reasons I think it's gonna be interesting to see if he and the Cavs can get to the finals next season...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His turn is coming.
Well here is an interesting Stat - Wade didn't even play 72 games in his first season with Miami and in 12 years has only played more than 72 games in five of those years. Wade did not help Shaq win 3 titles like Kobe and wade was not able to carry the Heat like Kobe carried the Lakers. Wade was a good player and a very talented one, but fact is fact and he is worth about 15 million at the most if Miami want's to rebuild quickly and be playoff contenders in the next two years and keep in mind that I didn't think Kobe was worth his 25 million a year either, so it's not personal. I am simply against paying Wade or Kobe more than about 15 million per year. That's more money than what they need and it leaves some gravy for a few other quality players[/QUOTE]

And that point is made to whom?
If we have to overpay him THIS year, who cares?
Arison can pay some tax. He should. You can't expect to always receive but never give.

No Heat fan that Ive heard from is for doing anything that kills our cap space for next summer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he doesn't assume or know that he's going to lose, but I believe what he's saying is true in premise.[/QUOTE]
I have a problem with that quote because it points to his attitude of quitting in the 4th quarter as he has done so many times. In my opinion, he gave up several times in Cleveland and he also gave up in Miami. Truthfully I think if he had the killer instinct and mental skills that Kobe had, the Heat would have won a min of three titles and mabe all four - but he just never had that. He had to rely on Wade far to much for them to win more which is unfortunate

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here is an interesting Stat - Wade didn't even play 72 games in his first season with Miami and in 12 years has only played more than 72 games in five of those years. Wade did not help Shaq win 3 titles like Kobe and wade was not able to carry the Heat like Kobe carried the Lakers. Wade was a good player and a very talented one, but fact is fact and he is worth about 15 million at the most if Miami want's to rebuild quickly and be playoff contenders in the next two years and keep in mind that I didn't think Kobe was worth his 25 million a year either, so it's not personal. I am simply against paying Wade or Kobe more than about 15 million per year. That's more money than what they need and it leaves some gravy for a few other quality players

Arison can pay some tax. He should. You can't expect to always receive but never give.

No Heat fan that Ive heard from is for doing anything that kills our cap space for next summer.[/QUOTE]
That's my point - you simply can't afford to over pay Wade if you are Pat Riley - Not if you want to be competitive in the future. The Heat is not the Lakers in a big market town where movie actors and big cable companies pays the bills for winning teams and luxary taxes. Miami Heat has to survive off the working men and women

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's telling at how Lebron feels mentally and physically. He realizes that the Cavs cashed in for the short-term, and a golden opportunity was squandered. They're window was opened, but this was as wide open as the NBA has been for quite some time. I would like to see how Lebron plays in next year's playoffs and in his possible 6th straight Finals.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No Heat fan that Ive heard from is for doing anything that kills our cap space for next summer.
That's my point - you simply can't afford to over pay Wade if you are Pat Riley - Not if you want to be competitive in the future. The Heat is not the Lakers in a big market town where movie actors and big cable companies pays the bills for winning teams and luxary taxes. Miami Heat has to survive off the working men and women[/QUOTE]

Thing is, it's not even that. Wade's literally trying to kill the 2016 cap. Yes, it's unlikely that the Heat get Durant or Anthony Davis, but hell, why not try? If I could, I'd pay the max for a 1-year deal which will pay him roughly $23 million next year. After that sign him on a 2-year deal that's worth anywhere between $10-$13 mil per. Nothing more than that though.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:focus: :focus: :focus:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point - you simply can't afford to over pay Wade if you are Pat Riley - Not if you want to be competitive in the future. The Heat is not the Lakers in a big market town where movie actors and big cable companies pays the bills for winning teams and luxary taxes. Miami Heat has to survive off the working men and women

Thing is, it's not even that. Wade's literally trying to kill the 2016 cap. Yes, it's unlikely that the Heat get Durant or Anthony Davis, but hell, why not try? If I could, I'd pay the max for a 1-year deal which will pay him roughly $23 million next year. After that sign him on a 2-year deal that's worth anywhere between $10-$13 mil per. Nothing more than that though.[/QUOTE]
You're not getting an argument from me - there are many reasons to not give it all to Wade and no reasons to give him the max deal. Some in here are saying that Kobe, Wade or whoever deserve it for what they have done for the organization, I say that's bullshit because they were already well paid for their employment and they have benefitted from winning a championships in many other ways like endorsements. The people in here need to take a basic course in college on economics - basic supply vs demand

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I suppose the Lakers could do worse, and I realize that the first round of playoff players will never get you to the promised land. A team has to get playoff bound and then build with championship players, and I know that Love is a tier 3 player and would be better if he can stay healthy, but honestly If I was Cleveland, I would be dealing that dude and trying to get Cousins or Aldridge who could do some serious damage. Love is not the man - you know what I mean?