• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sorry ..but I am laughing too hard right now

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Cal ...the Dodgers at 7-1 and the favorites. They don't know how to win a Championship. Giants .
should be no higher odds than 10-1.

BEAT L.A. !!

I have to laugh at your comment on me wearing orange colored glasses. It's worked pretty good for me so far. I am thinking of having the orange color tinted even more for next year.

Go Giants !!:suds::clap:

There's no such thing as "knowing how to win a championship."

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're really getting worked up over 2015 WS odds in November 2014? Let's see how the off season goes.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no such thing as "knowing how to win a championship."

Sorry ..I have to disagree . Once you have won a Championship you know what it takes to win it all. Confidence, experience ,and not folding under pressure are learned. When a team learns how to be confident, loose, and have done it all before they can be real tough to beat.

The Giants have that.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry ..I have to disagree . Once you have won a Championship you know what it takes to win it all. Confidence, experience ,and not folding under pressure are learned. When a team learns how to be confident, loose, and have done it all before they can be real tough to beat.

The Giants have that.

Go Giants !!

I agree with every word here.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants have that.

Go Giants !!

I agree with every word here.

Agree.

Knowing how to balance excitement with chill. Preparedness with escape. These are completely different in the post-season compared to the regular season and the Giants as an organization have obviously found the right equation.

This "skill" is not the end-all-be-all, but it is a decent sized part if the puzzle. Unfortunately, it plays absolutely zero part in GETTING TO the post-season. And that is where the Giants will have their problems.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Knowing how to balance excitement with chill. Preparedness with escape. These are completely different in the post-season compared to the regular season and the Giants as an organization have obviously found the right equation.

This "skill" is not the end-all-be-all, but it is a decent sized part if the puzzle. Unfortunately, it plays absolutely zero part in GETTING TO the post-season. And that is where the Giants will have their problems.

Yes. Harnessing the adrenaline to be confident and aggressive, not scared and passive. Faith in yourself and your teammates and your manager. Having made the mistakes that only high-pressure games can bring and learning from them.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants have that.

Go Giants !!

Bob is absolutely correct. As a matter of fact this is considered a 'special' form of learning. Formally it is called Experimental Learning. Learning through experience. This is actually the cornerstone premise of the work/study programs that most colleges have implemented in the educational programs. You can't get WS experience by reading about a World Series .... you need to be there and we've had 3 of these sessions in the past 5 years. All three have been successful ... very successful!

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it is safe to say the, that if Scott Norwood drills that Kick, the Buffalo Bills don't get blown out by the Redskins, and twice by the Cowboys? Lol......

For the record, I think baseball is the sport where "experience" can play the biggest big factor in the Playoffs....especially with your Manager/Head Coach. The pressure ramps up big time, and having a cool customer pulling the trigger on decisions is very important.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it is safe to say the, that if Scott Norwood drills that Kick, the Buffalo Bills don't get blown out by the Redskins, and twice by the Cowboys? Lol......

For the record, I think baseball is the sport where "experience" can play the biggest big factor in the Playoffs....especially with your Manager/Head Coach. The pressure ramps up big time, and having a cool customer pulling the trigger on decisions is very important.

For me, managing is the only "experience" that I think plays a difference. Bochy was the better manager and made fewer mistakes in the WS compared to Yost.

I think great teams can overcome a bad manager. Dodgers are a great team but still have a few holes that keep them from getting past Mattingly. If they would have hired Joe Maddon or had a manager like Francona, Showalter, things might have been different.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what was one of the greatest things to come from this year that will pay dividends in the future is the experience and confidence gained by the rookies and young players who competed in the pennant race and the playoffs. Guys like Panik, Duffy, Susac, Strickland, and Perez especially are the next guys coming through the system that will pass on that Championship experience to the guys that follow them. Just a huge accomplishment for all the young guys who came through the system in 2014.

You are going to have young guys telling players in the system that ...Hey man, I made it last year as a Rook and you can make it to if you work hard and perform in the Bigs. Man, I already got a Ring and I am just getting started. Don't tell me that that won't fire up young players fighting to get to the big club. Really looking forward to seeing the leadership that will come from this young group of players going forward.

Go Giants !!

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked the odds for next years WS Champions.

BEAT L.A. 7-1

Washington 7-1

Angels 10-1

Tigers 12-1

Orioles 14-1

THREE TIME CHAMPS Giants 15-1

Now I know no NL team has repeated since the Big Red Machine in the mid 70's but if any team can do it it's the Band of Brothers. Another slap in the face to put the Giants at 15-1. You know what though the underdog roll has been berry berry good to us here in SF. Bring em' all on !!

Go Giants !!

Money talks and Bullshit walks. Go to Las Vegas and slap down some serious coin on the Giants. I have twenty dollars on the Tigers (I was praying for worse odds). At the end of next years World Series someone will own the trophy. If I wasn't such a homer, I would have bet the Giants.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it's a proven trend. The Giants will suck next year, only to win the World Series again in 2016.

Giants win it all on even years and tank on odd years.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it's a proven trend. The Giants will suck next year, only to win the World Series again in 2016.

Giants win it all on even years and tank on odd years.

c609db21075fd48871d75349ca0be805ea614ef6c64a313ba3665e2561a20bf1.jpg