• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sony Michel Show?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's not Belichick's fault?? All of it is on him, nobody else. HE has alienated this team. HE is stuck in 1995. The league and the players are changing and Bill is not. He's 66 years old, only two years younger than I am and I can see how much the league has changed in the past 8-10 years. His model has little to no flexibility and it cost the Patriots the Super Bowl last year. Players outside of this organization see that and they want no part of it.
""I"" think that Bill is in a place where he knows he has to change but won't allow himself to do it. He's also putting himself in a place where he will force Robert Kraft to fire him if he doesn't make some positive adjustments.
So, he’s done his style of coaching for 40 plus years. He’s sticking with what has made him the best coach in the history of the NFL. Some people are mad because he stuck to his guns with holding Butler out of the game for discipline reasons. It’s not like Butler was playing Pro Bowl ball. He was having a very pedestrian season at best. I really doubt he makes a difference. Nick Foles was putting that ball were no defender was going to do anything about it. He was on fire that night.
So, should Belichick wear gold necklaces and wear his hat sideways so he fits in with today’s culture? The team still can’t afford good free agents. Not many players are taking hometown discounts to be on a winning team or stay with the Patriots when their contract is up.

I think it has just come down to the draft and not hitting on really any picks whatsoever. No young talent to groom. We had Jimmy G and Belichick was forced to trade him. Not really any picks in the last 5 years that have made a difference for this team. It’s finally caught up with the Patriots. That, we can blame him for. Some very questionable picks.

Belichick is old. He is set in his ways. A very very successful way. He just played in a SuperBowl. He’s not gonna be someone’s “homey” so they will come play on the cheap for us.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is fun. Losing is ugly. There are a lot of factors that have brought us where we are today.

This is what is supposed to happen to the Superbowl loser.

Some of our better players are off their game. They will get better or have to renegotiate their contracts.

The whole team needs to get better.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, should Belichick wear gold necklaces and wear his hat sideways so he fits in with today’s culture? The team still can’t afford good free agents. Not many players are taking hometown discounts to be on a winning team or stay with the Patriots when their contract is up.

This isn't Belichick's doing?? My grandson was born in 2002 and he thinks that the Patriots are supposed to be AFCE Champion every year, AFC Champion every year and at least play in the Super Bowl every other year. Sadly there are too many other fans who think the same thing. No one says he has to be like the players who are coming out of college, but he can't move on to anything new or different because he believes he is right and his way is the only way.
The only other coach in professional sports to have as much success or more is Red Auerbach who ran the Celtics from the late forties into the seventies. The difference was that Red made himself change to accept that players would be paid more than $5000 a year and foresaw that black athletes would change the game. He changed the NBA by drafting Bill Russell and it took less than a year for nine other teams to integrate. Two years later every NBA team had an integrated roster.
Belichick tries to do things that no one would dream of. He uses draft picks to take players with injuries or injury history instead of drafting healthy players and signing the injured guys as undrafted free agents.
The NFL is going through an evolutionary change. The rules are being changed because the league didn't give a rat shit about the players and only cared about the money. Well CTE has come about 180 degrees and the league is trying to adjust by changing the rules. The owners and coaches have to adapt and make the personnel changes that will conform with the change. Bill is stuck in the late nineties and early turn of the 21st Century.
I know you guys love him and think he walks on water. But Bill Belichick has nine of his 2018 draft picks on IR. So we're reaching the quarter pole and I'm already hearing "Wait until all these guys are healthy next year." More than likely four of them won't play until 2020.
Keep drinking the BB Kool-Aid if it makes you feel better. It's starting to make me sick.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't Belichick's doing?? My grandson was born in 2002 and he thinks that the Patriots are supposed to be AFCE Champion every year, AFC Champion every year and at least play in the Super Bowl every other year. Sadly there are too many other fans who think the same thing. No one says he has to be like the players who are coming out of college, but he can't move on to anything new or different because he believes he is right and his way is the only way.
The only other coach in professional sports to have as much success or more is Red Auerbach who ran the Celtics from the late forties into the seventies. The difference was that Red made himself change to accept that players would be paid more than $5000 a year and foresaw that black athletes would change the game. He changed the NBA by drafting Bill Russell and it took less than a year for nine other teams to integrate. Two years later every NBA team had an integrated roster.
Belichick tries to do things that no one would dream of. He uses draft picks to take players with injuries or injury history instead of drafting healthy players and signing the injured guys as undrafted free agents.
The NFL is going through an evolutionary change. The rules are being changed because the league didn't give a rat shit about the players and only cared about the money. Well CTE has come about 180 degrees and the league is trying to adjust by changing the rules. The owners and coaches have to adapt and make the personnel changes that will conform with the change. Bill is stuck in the late nineties and early turn of the 21st Century.
I know you guys love him and think he walks on water. But Bill Belichick has nine of his 2018 draft picks on IR. So we're reaching the quarter pole and I'm already hearing "Wait until all these guys are healthy next year." More than likely four of them won't play until 2020.
Keep drinking the BB Kool-Aid if it makes you feel better. It's starting to make me sick.

Ah yes. So, because your grandson was lucky enough to be alive and see this great/historical run by the Patriots and has never seen them struggle we should blame Coach B??? Golly... I wished we had some 4-12 seasons so this 1-2 start isn’t hurting him so much.

You say that you’ve noticed players changing.... the game is changing in the last 8 years or so. These same 8 years that have seen the Patriots go to 7 AFC Championship games and 4 Super Bowls????????? Jesus dude!!!!! What more does he have to do??????????

Coaching x’s and o’s haven’t passed him by. Being so successful for so damn long has finally caught up to the Patriots where we can NEVER draft a legit game changer. Drafts are definitely hit or miss. But we have never had a chance to draft a top 5 stud. So he reaches on some players with an injury concern. He did it with Gronkowski. And look what we got. Maybe the greatest TE in the history of the NFL. Besides Michel. I’m not certain how many of the other players he drafted this year had injury concerns?

No one on this board is “drinking” the Kool Aid. Everyone loves things Coach B is doing and has done. Everyone dislikes things Coach B is doing and has done.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he certainly looked like a man possessed today. He made quick cuts and had some pretty decent speed and the blocking for him was amazing. Hopefully this truly sparks him and he will continue

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he certainly looked like a man possessed today. He made quick cuts and had some pretty decent speed and the blocking for him was amazing. Hopefully this truly sparks him and he will continue
Yep, White was very good too.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I sat Brady and played Fitzpatrick.......................:L

Yeah.. Sat Brady in a few leagues.... Played Fitz over Cousins in another :smash::smash:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichick is trying to disprove that he cannot win without Brady. He hasn't really made any huge improvements in the OL since he traded Logan Mankins. He's pretty much done a plug and play routine and by some strkeof luck it's worked. Now he's exposing Brady and Brady looks like dogshit. I don't think Belichick wants to see Brady take down any more records. If he does, Belichick will always have to live with the fact that he couldn't win without Brady as his QB. Problem for BB is that he's looking more like a fool for not having a surrounding cast for Brady.

Put a shitty team on the field and nobody wins.............especially the Coach/GM.
WTF Hasn't he drafted 5 or 6 linemen in the last three drafts?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's not Belichick's fault?? All of it is on him, nobody else. HE has alienated this team. HE is stuck in 1995. The league and the players are changing and Bill is not. He's 66 years old, only two years younger than I am and I can see how much the league has changed in the past 8-10 years. His model has little to no flexibility and it cost the Patriots the Super Bowl last year. Players outside of this organization see that and they want no part of it.
""I"" think that Bill is in a place where he knows he has to change but won't allow himself to do it. He's also putting himself in a place where he will force Robert Kraft to fire him if he doesn't make some positive adjustments.
It just seems to me you don't understand or you are so damn stuck on one point. It's just dumb.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes. So, because your grandson was lucky enough to be alive and see this great/historical run by the Patriots and has never seen them struggle we should blame Coach B??? Golly... I wished we had some 4-12 seasons so this 1-2 start isn’t hurting him so much.

You say that you’ve noticed players changing.... the game is changing in the last 8 years or so. These same 8 years that have seen the Patriots go to 7 AFC Championship games and 4 Super Bowls????????? Jesus dude!!!!! What more does he have to do??????????

Coaching x’s and o’s haven’t passed him by. Being so successful for so damn long has finally caught up to the Patriots where we can NEVER draft a legit game changer. Drafts are definitely hit or miss. But we have never had a chance to draft a top 5 stud. So he reaches on some players with an injury concern. He did it with Gronkowski. And look what we got. Maybe the greatest TE in the history of the NFL. Besides Michel. I’m not certain how many of the other players he drafted this year had injury concerns?

No one on this board is “drinking” the Kool Aid. Everyone loves things Coach B is doing and has done. Everyone dislikes things Coach B is doing and has done.

Apparently he needs to stroke Kens ego.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated all along I like Sony I sill like Sony and the Pats are figuring the best way to use Sony. The Pats don't need a Gurley type back the need and got a piece of their puzzle. There will be games when Sony is the focus games when it's the WRs it what we do.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His model got them to the Superbowl last year, and his model got them to within 2 plays of winning a third in four years.
That's a pretty damn good model to keep following if you ask me.

How exactly did his model cost them the Superbowl anyway? Because he did not play the great savior Malcolm Butler?
Don't know this, only assume this because it's pure conjecture.
Especially if the rumors are true that MB could not get himself into his hotel or even hotel room he was so wasted.
Could not get up for team meetings.
Could not get up for bus to the stadium.

He was that wasted and yet was still going to save the day?
No one will ever know, but there is just as much reason to believe the game would not have been even close if a recuperating MB was chasing wide receivers.