• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sony Michel Show?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

And sometimes when a RB is on the field, the QB throws to a WR.
Or a TE.

But not likely when Sony Michelle is on the field.

So the QB is the issue, hmmm use to be he said his favorite WR was the open one. Has that dynamic changed?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the QB is the issue, hmmm use to be he said his favorite WR was the open one. Has that dynamic changed?

Maybe.

Somebody said yesterday that Josh McSkippy was to blame for the play calling.
Maybe It"s Tom.

Maybe he is over exposing Sony to show he wanted Dion Lewis.
Maybe he is under throwing to Dorset to show he wanted Danny Playoff.

Just a maybe...

Maybe he really is pissed at Bill and Robert for not backing him in the soft football scandal and wants to torch them.
Force a trade of Jimmy G, throw the season and then take Gronk with him as the fire rages on.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

Somebody said yesterday that Josh McSkippy was to blame for the play calling.
Maybe It"s Tom.

Maybe he is over exposing Sony to show he wanted Dion Lewis.
Maybe he is under throwing to Dorset to show he wanted Danny Playoff.

Just a maybe...

Maybe he really is pissed at Bill and Robert for not backing him in the soft football scandal and wants to torch them.
Force a trade of Jimmy G, throw the season and then take Gronk with him as the fire rages on.

Okay.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe next time we can ask Sony to drop kick a ball just to throw them off. RBs either run with the ball or catch the ball its what they do

I am not saying this, I am just posting what I heard on the radio... They were also trying to say they need to get the ball to others... Now, I think he is being used so much (as people have mentioned) because he hasn't had a off season really to prepare for anything

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying this, I am just posting what I heard on the radio... They were also trying to say they need to get the ball to others... Now, I think he is being used so much (as people have mentioned) because he hasn't had a off season really to prepare for anything
And all this makes sense. Establish him as a threat, at least to the point that defenses have to account for him. When The Pusher comes back next week this will change the dynamic of the offense. If the double Gronk, Jules or Hogan will be one on one. If the addict starts to play and shows any potential they will have to make a choice double him or Gronk. This will open things up then if White or Michel is in the backfield they will present the dual threat run or receive.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not blaming Michel at all.. Not what I was getting at... Radio was talking about it and how the defense could just focus in on him because basically except for about 2 snaps while he was in he in some way got the ball

Sorry man, my comment wasn't directed at you. I'm pretty sure I understood you the first time. If Michel is on the field the ball is very likely going to him.

I sure as hell don't want to bet the entire season on one player, Edelman, but the offense is very likely going to be MUCH less predictable when he's on the field, especially is the Josh Gordon experiment works out.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all this makes sense. Establish him as a threat, at least to the point that defenses have to account for him. When The Pusher comes back next week this will change the dynamic of the offense. If the double Gronk, Jules or Hogan will be one on one. If the addict starts to play and shows any potential they will have to make a choice double him or Gronk. This will open things up then if White or Michel is in the backfield they will present the dual threat run or receive.
My office now stinks from sewage you are spewing...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, my comment wasn't directed at you. I'm pretty sure I understood you the first time. If Michel is on the field the ball is very likely going to him.

I sure as hell don't want to bet the entire season on one player, Edelman, but the offense is very likely going to be MUCH less predictable when he's on the field, especially is the Josh Gordon experiment works out.

and we don't even know if Gordon will even play. I doubt he'll play against Miami and yes the offense is soooo stale and predictable right now, which sucks. Hopefully things can turn it around starting Sunday

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more important to get him going since Burkhead is on IR

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeeper I hope Gordon plans to play this year?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go get Rishard Matthews in the meantime.

I agree but there's this from NESN.

Adding a player like Matthews, who has experience playing both outside and in the slot and whom the Patriots previously expressed interest in, would make sense. Plus, Bill Belichick likes to sign players who have played under his former assistants/colleagues. This time, however, that familiarity could work against Matthews. A source told NESN.com’s Doug Kyed the Patriots are unlikely to pursue the wideout because of Belichick’s relationship with Titans general manager Jon Robinson, who previously worked in the New England front office.

Read more at: Should Patriots Sign Rishard Matthews After Titans Release Receiver?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Sony pick when it was made. That being said, I’m not liking his running style in general. I know it’s easy and the blocking hasn’t been great but if you are gonna run wide you’ve gotta have great speed to get to the outside. I just haven’t seen that from him. I know it’s early but it just seems that the plays they call don’t fit his style of running.

It's early. That said, I was dismayed to see him run wide and wait for a hole to develop. Meanwhile the defense crashes in.... Looks like a rookie that needs to play more.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but there's this from NESN.

Adding a player like Matthews, who has experience playing both outside and in the slot and whom the Patriots previously expressed interest in, would make sense. Plus, Bill Belichick likes to sign players who have played under his former assistants/colleagues. This time, however, that familiarity could work against Matthews. A source told NESN.com’s Doug Kyed the Patriots are unlikely to pursue the wideout because of Belichick’s relationship with Titans general manager Jon Robinson, who previously worked in the New England front office.

Read more at: Should Patriots Sign Rishard Matthews After Titans Release Receiver?

Since when does BB care about relationships? Though I am guessing based on this he really won't try to get Matthews

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichick is trying to disprove that he cannot win without Brady. He hasn't really made any huge improvements in the OL since he traded Logan Mankins. He's pretty much done a plug and play routine and by some strkeof luck it's worked. Now he's exposing Brady and Brady looks like dogshit. I don't think Belichick wants to see Brady take down any more records. If he does, Belichick will always have to live with the fact that he couldn't win without Brady as his QB. Problem for BB is that he's looking more like a fool for not having a surrounding cast for Brady.

Put a shitty team on the field and nobody wins.............especially the Coach/GM.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t buy any of the “Belichick isn’t trying” or “Belichick wants to show he’s the reason for the Patriots success and not Brady” crap. He is about winning. Not sabotaging his team. It’s not like the Patriots have 30 million in cap space to sign big free agents. I think they are 4.5 million under. Who can they sign to make this team unstoppable???? The Patriots have some bad contracts.
Gilmore is not worth almost 13 million a year.
McCourty is not worth 12 million a year.
Hightower is not worth almost 9 million a year.
Gostkowski is not worth 5 million a year. He’s our 7th highest paid player. I don’t feel comfortable that he’s even going to make an extra point.

The Patriots are now struggling because we haven’t hit on a draft pick in a long time. We don’t have any young guys that I’m truly excited about. That I feel are future pro bowlers. Good players aren’t coming here on the cheap anymore. Good players don’t want to play for Belichick anymore.

We’ve had it so good for so long that it’s hard to accept that the Patriots are an average team right now. We just aren’t used to it. And I hate admitting that I don’t see a bright light at the end of the tunnel. We don’t have elite talent at any position except TE. Like I’ve said before. We don’t have a top 20 player at any position except QB and TE. And QB is questionable. I hope I’m wrong. But the future doesn’t look too good for the Patriots.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t buy any of the “Belichick isn’t trying” or “Belichick wants to show he’s the reason for the Patriots success and not Brady” crap. He is about winning. Not sabotaging his team. It’s not like the Patriots have 30 million in cap space to sign big free agents. I think they are 4.5 million under. Who can they sign to make this team unstoppable???? The Patriots have some bad contracts.
Gilmore is not worth almost 13 million a year.
McCourty is not worth 12 million a year.
Hightower is not worth almost 9 million a year.
Gostkowski is not worth 5 million a year. He’s our 7th highest paid player. I don’t feel comfortable that he’s even going to make an extra point.

The Patriots are now struggling because we haven’t hit on a draft pick in a long time. We don’t have any young guys that I’m truly excited about. That I feel are future pro bowlers. Good players aren’t coming here on the cheap anymore. Good players don’t want to play for Belichick anymore.

We’ve had it so good for so long that it’s hard to accept that the Patriots are an average team right now. We just aren’t used to it. And I hate admitting that I don’t see a bright light at the end of the tunnel. We don’t have elite talent at any position except TE. Like I’ve said before. We don’t have a top 20 player at any position except QB and TE. And QB is questionable. I hope I’m wrong. But the future doesn’t look too good for the Patriots.

Well, if this season keeps up they might get a good pick... So there's some hope. Though BB will most likely trade it away for a 7th rounder or something stupid like that

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichick is trying to disprove that he cannot win without Brady. He hasn't really made any huge improvements in the OL since he traded Logan Mankins. He's pretty much done a plug and play routine and by some strkeof luck it's worked. Now he's exposing Brady and Brady looks like dogshit. I don't think Belichick wants to see Brady take down any more records. If he does, Belichick will always have to live with the fact that he couldn't win without Brady as his QB. Problem for BB is that he's looking more like a fool for not having a surrounding cast for Brady.

Put a shitty team on the field and nobody wins.............especially the Coach/GM.

I totally disagree with everything in this post.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's not Belichick's fault?? All of it is on him, nobody else. HE has alienated this team. HE is stuck in 1995. The league and the players are changing and Bill is not. He's 66 years old, only two years younger than I am and I can see how much the league has changed in the past 8-10 years. His model has little to no flexibility and it cost the Patriots the Super Bowl last year. Players outside of this organization see that and they want no part of it.
""I"" think that Bill is in a place where he knows he has to change but won't allow himself to do it. He's also putting himself in a place where he will force Robert Kraft to fire him if he doesn't make some positive adjustments.