• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something Kaep has to work on.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fisher pressured Kap much in the same way you would defend Vick - from the edges and up the middle. In addition to his reading the blitz the receivers also need to read the blitz and sight adjust. Once that starts happening DC's will have to devise a different plan.

I vaguely recall reading something last year that was saying our WRs don't have sight adjustments or hot reads. There is a hot read built into each play so communication breakdowns can't occur.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vaguely recall reading something last year that was saying our WRs don't have sight adjustments or hot reads. There is a hot read built into each play so communication breakdowns can't occur.

That's correct - Harbaugh removed sight adjusts to keep things simple. Where this hurts is on well disguised blitz schemes like what Fisher did on Sunday; especially on the safety, Fisher brought 7 and not one rec was hot.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow... really interesting. I wonder Harbaugh removed adjustments in order to make the QB-Receiver relationship less complicated during a lockout year... or if this was simply an Alex thing.

Thanks, mac.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... really interesting. I wonder Harbaugh removed adjustments in order to make the QB-Receiver relationship less complicated during a lockout year... or if this was simply an Alex thing.

Thanks, mac.

Sight adjusts require a lot of work, excellent chemistry and intelligent receivers as well as an intelligent QB. So it was probably all of the above.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remembered reading about sight adjustments and Harbaugh removing them, last year. Here's the article.
Chris Brown on the success of the 49ers and Alex Smith - Grantland

Great Article Yossarian! Brown does a excellent job of explaining the concept - not easy, but effective as a mother is executed correctly.

There are also "in-route" sight adjustments as well. Favre & Rice used this chemistry in '09 and Joe & Jerry used it as well throughout their careers together.