• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something I'd like to see at the combine

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was just thinking about this. I wonder if there would be any way to be able to quantify flexibility at the combine. I know they have those things where you put your feet on a block and see how far you can reach, but that depends heavily on the length of your arms. Maybe it would be reach minus arm length?

I remember back in 2004 Roy Williams (the WR) couldn't touch his toes, and that was a huge fed flag for me. And a player with flexibility problems may have injury problems in the NFL. Especially if they bulk up a lot.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I picture half the guys tearing their muscles and turning into gumbies trying to outstretch each other. Guess it's not worse than the bench press competition though.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here I was thinking you were gonna say titties.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I picture half the guys tearing their muscles and turning into gumbies trying to outstretch each other.

That would be one problem with it. Potential NFL athletes probably wouldn't be stupid enough to injure themselves doing a stretch, but you never know.

Flexibility isn't something that's easily quantifiable, but sometimes you can tell when some players are more flexible than others simply by the way they move. I remember seeing a still shot of JJ Stokes & Terrell Owens dancing one time (TD celebration), and you could tell simply from the photo how much more flexible Owens was than JJ. It's probably the most over-looked aspect of athletics (at least by fans), but it's something for which I've tried to develop an eye since I go out dancing 2 or 3 times a week. I see champion dancers do all kinds of crazy stuff and I think to myself "I would end up in the hostpital if I tried that."

I remember doing the stretch test in school, but I wonder if there's a way to test lateral stretching. Like how many degrees you can turn your torso to the left & right, etc.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here I was thinking you were gonna say titties.

We've already seen those at the combine. Have you forgotten about Andre Smith?

andresmith.jpg

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be interesting to see the power clean performed, especially for pass rushers (OLBs, DEs). The bench press doesn't give an indication of how much power a guy can generate from his feet up.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
F%@# this thread!

(It should have a warning in the title)

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be one problem with it. Potential NFL athletes probably wouldn't be stupid enough to injure themselves doing a stretch, but you never know.

Flexibility isn't something that's easily quantifiable, but sometimes you can tell when some players are more flexible than others simply by the way they move. I remember seeing a still shot of JJ Stokes & Terrell Owens dancing one time (TD celebration), and you could tell simply from the photo how much more flexible Owens was than JJ. It's probably the most over-looked aspect of athletics (at least by fans), but it's something for which I've tried to develop an eye since I go out dancing 2 or 3 times a week. I see champion dancers do all kinds of crazy stuff and I think to myself "I would end up in the hostpital if I tried that."

I remember doing the stretch test in school, but I wonder if there's a way to test lateral stretching. Like how many degrees you can turn your torso to the left & right, etc.

What type of dancing Sick? You strike me as a waltzer

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What type of dancing Sick? You strike me as a waltzer

Mostly Blues and West coast swing lately, but I also do Lindy Hop, Charleston & Balboa from time to time. Nobody under the age of 500 does social waltzing these days (at least nowhere I know).

I dabbled in Salsa, but not very much.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly Blues and West coast swing lately, but I also do Lindy Hop, Charleston & Balboa from time to time. Nobody under the age of 500 does social waltzing these days (at least nowhere I know).

I dabbled in Salsa, but not very much.

Well the Waltz is the only dance I could think of so there

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a year round club swim coach, I can tell you that flexibility is HUGE in determining growth potential for my athletes. Both of my girls on the National Team are extremely, ridiculously flexible....like make you cringe because you would break in half if you tried the same stretch kinda flexible. As early as 8-9 yrs old, I am looking at their flexibility as a means for determining how "natural" their abilities to do various skills are. It is huge and the thought that the Combine could test some basic stretching/flexibility exercises is a great concept and one that I bet is quite telling. The problem is that the flexibility typically drops significantly as athletes bulk up. Remember David Boston, who by bulking up, could barely wipe his own ass by the end of his career. I think it would be GREAT and I wonder if any teams have prospects do any flexibility exercises when they show up for visits.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why the 49ers Love to Stretch

This definitely explains the Niners propensity to stay healthy. I wonder if Harbaalke use this philosophy when scouting players.

Good stuff. I hope they keep it up. The Niners did stay prety healthy this season (until the last few weeks of the season unfortunately).

"Stretching requires patience, holding the same pose for five breaths, and men aren't patient—they like to keep moving," said Horton, a personal trainer whose clients have included professional athletes. "Women enjoy stretching, generally speaking, and men don't. "

My male cousin took this yoga class one time, and when they were doing a stretch, it caused this broad in the class to have an orgasm. She was like, "Sorry." And the instructor said, "It's ok; that happens sometimes."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. I hope they keep it up. The Niners did stay prety healthy this season (until the last few weeks of the season unfortunately).

"Stretching requires patience, holding the same pose for five breaths, and men aren't patient—they like to keep moving," said Horton, a personal trainer whose clients have included professional athletes. "Women enjoy stretching, generally speaking, and men don't. "

My male cousin took this yoga class one time, and when they were doing a stretch, it caused this broad in the class to have an orgasm. She was like, "Sorry." And the instructor said, "It's ok; that happens sometimes."

Ohhhh, her stretch caused her to orgasm, I was thinking, how horns could she be turned on by seeing some guy stretch? I thought, only men enjoy the other stretching. That should be in Sex 101, stretch and then go for it, it'll prevent injury and cause her to orgasm.Was the instructor female or male? If male, maybe he puts that in the routine on purpose? ;)

For some reason, I could have seen you be one who dances or one who would say he couldn't. There was no in between if I were to guess your answer.

Wow, maybe it was the use of the word orgasm a few times in the post, but the words, "for some" was autocorrected to "foursome" on my ipad.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see players running all drills (including the 40) in full pads.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would like to see players running all drills (including the 40) in full pads.

I've always liked that idea too. I don't know why they didn't make it like that in the first place.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some Women Are Having Orgasms In Yoga Class TheGloss