• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

something i found interesting

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so every monday night i have a film class. we basically just watch movies. awesome class. but anyway, last night we watched back to the future. at one point, i missed it but the teacher pointed out, the scientist freak said he wanted to go forward in time 25 years so he could watch every world series, or something to that affect. the movie was made 25 years ago exact.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so every monday night i have a film class. we basically just watch movies. awesome class. but anyway, last night we watched back to the future. at one point, i missed it but the teacher pointed out, the scientist freak said he wanted to go forward in time 25 years so he could watch every world series, or something to that affect. the movie was made 25 years ago exact.

But in B2TF2, which took place in the future, the Cubs were playing the Sharks in game 5 of the WS, IIRC...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in B2TF2, which took place in the future, the Cubs were playing the Sharks in game 5 of the WS, IIRC...

I thought that too, but it's debunked in Wikipedia:

After the Florida Marlins beat the Cleveland Indians in the 1997 World Series, and again in 2003, when the Marlins defeated the Cubs in the NLCS (and subsequently defeated the New York Yankees in the 2003 World Series), rumors circulated that the movie predicted the Series' results;[5] however, this was not the case. In the film's future news broadcast, it is announced that the National League Chicago Cubs beat the American League team 'Miami Gators' based in Miami, which has an alligator logo, in the 2015 World Series. Aside from the incorrect year, the mascot of the team mentioned does not match that of either current Florida-based team, the Florida Marlins or Tampa Bay Rays. At the time the movie was filmed, Florida did not have a Major League Baseball team of their own, but the Miami-based Marlins played their first season in 1993.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one thing i always wanted to check but never did, was if that was a real football game that the 2 Biff's were listening to when the elder biff gave the almanac to the younger biff.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like i need to see the other two. i'm sick today. may head to blockbuster and rent them on my orange juice and cough drop run

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that too, but it's debunked in Wikipedia:

After the Florida Marlins beat the Cleveland Indians in the 1997 World Series, and again in 2003, when the Marlins defeated the Cubs in the NLCS (and subsequently defeated the New York Yankees in the 2003 World Series), rumors circulated that the movie predicted the Series' results;[5] however, this was not the case. In the film's future news broadcast, it is announced that the National League Chicago Cubs beat the American League team 'Miami Gators' based in Miami, which has an alligator logo, in the 2015 World Series. Aside from the incorrect year, the mascot of the team mentioned does not match that of either current Florida-based team, the Florida Marlins or Tampa Bay Rays. At the time the movie was filmed, Florida did not have a Major League Baseball team of their own, but the Miami-based Marlins played their first season in 1993.

You are right, the "Sharks" reference was in regards to Jaws 13 (or something like that)...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like i need to see the other two. i'm sick today. may head to blockbuster and rent them on my orange juice and cough drop run

Sounds like a great sick day to me. One of the best trilogies ever. Mainly because Godfather III and Terminator III are downright awful. Enjoy!

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a great sick day to me. One of the best trilogies ever. Mainly because Godfather III and Terminator III are downright awful. Enjoy!

lol. except i jus recently remembered i owe blockbuster some money. so not gonna be able to do that.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
touche