• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some will be happy

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, with the exception of Marty and maybe a few others, goalies traveling way out of the crease is very dangerous. I know any time Moose travels out of the net I have a heart attack. I don't know what to expect though.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who likes the redline?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who likes two line passes coming back and clogging up he nuetral zone

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I"m an ass, didn't read the article assumed we were talking about the trapezoid. I can't possibly see them bringing the redline back.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just so we're all clear, the offensive jump was caused by the elimination of obstruction, not just the red line. I think putting it back it is a stupid idea.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think its a dumb idea simply because of the extra whistles involved and the fact that it would slow the game down again.

It really did not increase scoring imo. I personally think it decreased scoring, but the huge jump in penalties and the addition of obstruction calls offset that loss of scoring and more. The reason why I think it decreased scoring is that the defense had to change styles to make up for the long outlet pass. Defensemen now play much further back because they have to be in position to stop the outlet pass. There have been FAR fewer odd-man rushes and breakaways with the addition of the red line simply because defensemen are no longer positioning themselves in spots that allow for the rushes.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont think its increased or decreased the scoring. but it has upped the enjoyment level of the game. the game is suppose to be played in the attacking zone. not in the between the blue lines trying to see a guy get away from 4 guys. game flows smoothly quick transistions are a big selling point to the game.

also fyi if the devils arent built to have the redline put back in.