• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, do not extend dak and move on unless he gives a reason not too. I love the guy but him shitting the bed over and over in the playoffs.... that ain't a 60million dollar a year QB.

Our D got blown out several times. Once a year is MY limit.
be careful for what you wish for.
Because going backwards in what most think is the most important position in football, will not propel our team forward. No matter what money you believe we are saving or using elsewhere.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because going backwards in what most think is the most important position in football, will not propel our team forward. No matter what money you believe we are saving or using elsewhere.
And paying good but not great QB's the most money in NFL history will not win you a Super Bowl. So we can spend the next 6-7 years with Dak and make the playoffs 4-5 times and never get past the 2nd round, or we can go another way.
Brock Purdy was the last pick in the draft. Was he "going backwards"? He isn't the best player in the league. He makes less than a million a year and has the best talent in the league around him. Same kind of formula made the Super Bowl with rookie contract Burrow and Hurts. The guys winning all the Super Bowls(Mahomes and Brady) fall into the great category. So do you want to win with an overpaid QB but never win Super Bowl or do you try something else and at least try? If you are content with what has been happening in the playoffs that's fine really. I would rather take the risk myself

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If dak goes out and proves it this year he is worthy, break the bank re-signing him. So far he has proven that where/when it matters the most, he shits the bed, but he been getting paid like he has been winning playoff games. That doesn't jive with me. Like I said, I like the guy. I really really want him to succeed. So far he's shown he just can't.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And paying good but not great QB's the most money in NFL history will not win you a Super Bowl. So we can spend the next 6-7 years with Dak and make the playoffs 4-5 times and never get past the 2nd round, or we can go another way.
Brock Purdy was the last pick in the draft. Was he "going backwards"? He isn't the best player in the league. He makes less than a million a year and has the best talent in the league around him. Same kind of formula made the Super Bowl with rookie contract Burrow and Hurts. The guys winning all the Super Bowls(Mahomes and Brady) fall into the great category. So do you want to win with an overpaid QB but never win Super Bowl or do you try something else and at least try? If you are content with what has been happening in the playoffs that's fine really. I would rather take the risk myself
What do you want to do with Dak??? If we have to start over with a new rookie QB, expect no playoffs this year and next. I think we have to fix this defense and oline. Not happy with Dak, but don't see a better option this year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overshown and Diggs will put the D back where it should be
Still need someone to play with Overshown and Clark. Need a big LB. I trust that Zimmer will scheme to stop the run. I know it was 20 years ago, but back in the day those Cowboys defenses under Zimmer could stop the run. They need to get their chit together and sign a guy like Queen. Or some other plug and play linebacker. Send Mazi to McDonald's etc. they need to stop with all the hybrid smaller tweeners on the DL. They been doing it for a long time and it is not working.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If dak goes out and proves it this year he is worthy, break the bank re-signing him. So far he has proven that where/when it matters the most, he shits the bed, but he been getting paid like he has been winning playoff games. That doesn't jive with me. Like I said, I like the guy. I really really want him to succeed. So far he's shown he just can't.
I get what you guys are saying. But to me this is a very simple & flawed way to look at it. To me this way of thinking is, only to pay the elite QB, which would mean restart with the most important position every 4 or 5 years. I cant get behind that philosophy. Remember how long it took us to get from Aikman to Romo? The idea we can just go get another top ten QB every 4 or 5 years is unrealistic to me.
Bottom line. We have a good enough QB to win. Outside very few Qbs in NFL history, the QB always needs a team to win a superbowl.
Our offense isnt the problem. Picking out a game where he didnt play his best isnt very smart. You can pick those games with Brady & others if you want as well. We want him to be the next Mahomes & if not, some of us think we will just go out & find the next Mahomes. That isnt realistic either.
If we want to win playoff games. Work on the defense. (IMHO) There have been QBs worse than Dak make it to superbowls.

Let me tell you a story.
Dak is down 15 points going into the 4th qtr against the great Aaron Rodgers led team. Dak brings the team all the way back & better yet. Only left handfuls of seconds on the clock. The Defense fails to stop Rodgers from getting into scoring range. Packers win.
1st thing we hear? Dak cant win a playoff game.

Everyone did the same shit with Romo.
He could retake a lead 3 times in the 4th qtr.
Then the defense would lose the lead everytime. Other team wins. What is the 1st thing we hear? Romo choked.

So I get what you guys are wishing for. Hell all of us would wish for that. Dont pay Dak, save money & get the elite QB. Again. Very unrealistic.
Much more realistic that we build a team around Dak (who isnt the problem) to get there. Than starting with a new QB.

So again. Just be careful for what you wish for.
Much rather have an expensive Dak, than a Cheap Quincy Carter.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you guys are saying. But to me this is a very simple & flawed way to look at it. To me this way of thinking is, only to pay the elite QB, which would mean restart with the most important position every 4 or 5 years. I cant get behind that philosophy. Remember how long it took us to get from Aikman to Romo? The idea we can just go get another top ten QB every 4 or 5 years is unrealistic to me.
Bottom line. We have a good enough QB to win. Outside very few Qbs in NFL history, the QB always needs a team to win a superbowl.
Our offense isnt the problem. Picking out a game where he didnt play his best isnt very smart. You can pick those games with Brady & others if you want as well. We want him to be the next Mahomes & if not, some of us think we will just go out & find the next Mahomes. That isnt realistic either.
If we want to win playoff games. Work on the defense. (IMHO) There have been QBs worse than Dak make it to superbowls.

Let me tell you a story.
Dak is down 15 points going into the 4th qtr against the great Aaron Rodgers led team. Dak brings the team all the way back & better yet. Only left handfuls of seconds on the clock. The Defense fails to stop Rodgers from getting into scoring range. Packers win.

Then the defense would lose the lead everytime. Other team wins. What is the 1st thing we hear? Romo choked.

So I get what you guys are wishing for. Hell all of us would wish for that. Dont pay Dak, save money & get the elite QB. Again. Very unrealistic.
Much more realistic that we build a team around Dak (who isnt the problem) to get there. Than starting with a new QB.

Quincy Carter sucked . I still wish that at that time Troy Would have come out of retirement. Those receivers Dallas had at that time would be wide open and Quincy would be off target. Cowboys had the OL. But no running back

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quincy Carter sucked . I still wish that at that time Troy Would have come out of retirement. Those receivers Dallas had at that time would be wide open and Quincy would be off target. Cowboys had the OL. But no running back
wouldnt have taken much effort to land Drew Brees in that draft either. But that was Jerry knows best BS.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me tell you a story.

Dak has been here long enough to see what we got, and it is longer than 4-5 years now. We are not paying him just to win in the regular but HE is getting that kind of $$$. Not sure how it is a flawed way if looking at it. We have evidence that he shits the bed when it is win or go home. The Cowboys keep going home. 2 - 5 when it mattered most.

Last game was atrocious. Same with the last game the previous year. The last game the year before that he had a 69 qbr.

He put himself in the corner of me wanting to cut ties after this year. Bet on himself and I am ready to walk away from the table.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me tell you a story.

Schmoopy Brother, I respect your opinion, without a doubt one of the best posters here IMO. And you may well be right. But you said something in there that reinforces where I am coming from. You said Aikman and Romo. There's a big difference there though. By the time Aikman was signing a 2nd deal, he was winning Super Bowls. Romo wasn't, and never did. Never got to an NFCCG. And with Troy, Heck of a QB, but once the salary cap was instituted and tye roster started getting stripped...he never got past the divisional round again either. Dak had his window, he has had 6-7 pro bowlers year in and year out. But all we ever hear is he needs this or he needs that. We will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Dak on a $60 million a year contract. Never. Now, we might end up with a Quincey Carter, but I don't think so. McClay would find a QB IMO.
Doesn't matter, Dak is getting reupped. If he weren't we would trade him, but the whole no trade clause tips Jerry's hand. So, we will do it your way. We will be good but we won't make a SB

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want to do with Dak??? If we have to start over with a new rookie QB, expect no playoffs this year and next. I think we have to fix this defense and oline. Not happy with Dak, but don't see a better option this year.
I can pull up the post from 4 years ago saying I didn't want to pay him $40M and I would draft Jordan Love. Im not a Damn GM lol, if I can take a shot in the dark I bet McClay could figure it out. And I sure as Hell wouldn't have given him a no trade clause. So it's predetermined he stays. But I would let him play out this season at $59M, work in some series for Trey Lance, and draft Bo Nix or Michael Penix as #3. If he does great and wins a SB, you can still empty the bank to keep him lol. When he gets bounced the first playoff game, we will have a couple of young, talented QB's, the ability to draft another, and an extra $40 million or so worth of cap space per season

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys give Gallup permission to seek a trade. That's always a precursor to being cut for cap purposes.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can pull up the post from 4 years ago saying I didn't want to pay him $40M and I would draft Jordan Love. Im not a Damn GM lol, if I can take a shot in the dark I bet McClay could figure it out. And I sure as Hell wouldn't have given him a no trade clause. So it's predetermined he stays. But I would let him play out this season at $59M, work in some series for Trey Lance, and draft Bo Nix or Michael Penix as #3. If he does great and wins a SB, you can still empty the bank to keep him lol. When he gets bounced the first playoff game, we will have a couple of young, talented QB's, the ability to draft another, and an extra $40 million or so worth of cap space per season
I like Pennix. I think he will be a good QB, but he has an injury history. 4th round. If they let Dak walk after the season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me tell you a story.

The dollars DO matter. You just can't pay Dak Prescott $60M per year and expect anything to change. You want to win 10 -12 games every year and make the playoffs and a shit ton of money but never get over the hump, then yes, don't take a step back. But Dak is good, not great. There aren't many scenarios where he is the reason you win a SB. You can't pay those dollars for a guy to be "good enough". We have tried this way many years in a row now and Dak is only going to get older under this new deal. He is already visible slower, less agile and less able to avoid defenders and less able to roll out and throw smoothly. Where will he be in a couple more years? He's going to be 31 at the start of next season and about 35 when his next deal ends. Maybe if he loses about 15-20 lbs he can turn it around? I don't know and you can't really ask a guy to do that. Plus, the dead cap problem is going to be way worse at the end of his next deal so you are taking a couple years off either way in the next handful of years, it's just a matter of when. So 4 more years of this and then a year or two to find another QB sounds like a worse option to me. I don't blame Dak entirely for our post season disappointment but he has been a big part of it. We cannot just keep doing the same thing and expect different results. We need to make major changes and major changes are relieving the Jones Boyz of their duties which won't happen, getting a new HC which probably happens next year and/or changing the QB

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Pennix. I think he will be a good QB, but he has an injury history. 4th round. If they let Dak walk after the season.
Nix is the guy I would want. But Pennix could be really good too. Joe Milton would be worth a 3rd or 4th to me. Josh Allen talent but raw