• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this.

I have never been a fan of the 3-4
Me neither. It could be a mistake, although Parsons is a guy that could be used as a OLB in a 3-4 on occasion. I tend to trust Quinn more than Nolan as a DC. The one thing they did do was draft players with a history of forcing turnovers in college. Parsons forced several fumbles and Cox had several picks. We have not had a player like Cox in a long time. He is a ballhawk. I cant believe he fell to round 4. He is a 1st round talent.
Joseph is a guy that could develop into a shutdown corner. Joseph has the speed to run with most receivers and has much better ball skill potential than Byron Jones and Awuzie. Joseph is far better prospect than any corner on the roster IMO. Learning from past mistakes is what I am hoping for. Last season they made Thompson the starter,when they had a far more instinctive player in Wilson rotting away on the bench. Then the coaching staff kept starting Smith and Crawford over Gregory when clearly this was the wrong move.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this.

Quinn has said for a couple of weeks now that it will look more like a 3-4. This article isn't exactly clear though.

Quinn said he has overhauled his ideas on how a defense should run, but he has also run what is more of what is sometimes referred to as the 4-3 under which is a 3-4 and also a 4-3 (weird and confusing and I'm going off memory). It's a 3-4 because it has a true NT and the end on the strong side plays like a 3-4 DE (big and takes two blockers). On the other side the end is playing more one gap but is still considered an end. Where it looks more like a 4-3 to me though is the Leo LB next to him usually puts his hand in the dirt so if you count hands in the dirt it's a 4-3. So I think maybe more a tweener D? I think Tank would be the Leo because he can't play the big end at his size but you aren't making your best player stand up and do something he may not be able to. I am hoping Quinn will keep it kind of simple for these guys but also mix it up a little both because our team always misses assignments when things are confusing but also we've been hurt by being to vanilla also

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this.

we have always sucked in a 3-4
I am hoping this is just the writer speculating.
Even if we stay a 4-3 we still wanted a big bodied guy for against the run as a DT.
So I am hoping this guy is just wanting to get ahead of the Story & ends up being wrong.
I am sure we will have some 3-4 packages but I hope we stay with a 4-3 base.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have always sucked in a 3-4
I am hoping this is just the writer speculating.
Even if we stay a 4-3 we still wanted a big bodied guy for against the run as a DT.
So I am hoping this guy is just wanting to get ahead of the Story & ends up being wrong.
I am sure we will have some 3-4 packages but I hope we stay with a 4-3 base.
Quinn has already talked about us lining up in a 3-4 as a base defense in a press conference. The question seems to be how much we will mix it up and what exactly it will look like Since IIRC he said it will “look like a 3-4”. Which is a little different than saying it is a 3-4. Let me look for an article that quotes him instead of an opinion piece.

I don’t mind a 3-4 but I wonder what will happen with Tank and Gregory on early downs if we run it and where a guy like Anae would fit. We will be in a 4 man front nickel 60-70% of the time regardless of our base D but most of the players you dress need to fit your base D also. I’m hoping it’s more of a hybrid because of our current roster.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this article has his quotes in it. An article I saw a while back had even more but this shows the gist of his comments I think

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn has already talked about us lining up in a 3-4 as a base defense in a press conference.
Image result for temper tantrum gif
Image result for temper tantrum gif

this article has his quotes in it. An article I saw a while back had even more but this shows the gist of his comments I think
Image result for Angry knocks stuff off desk gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a interview with McClay yesterday (or was it Sunday :scratch:) on sirius NFLN.
Without outright saying it he confirmed we wanted CB with our first pick. He also said we were considering Offense but went into the draft wanting to improve our defense. He also talked about Cox as a player that is good in space and how the game is moving that direction but said the pick had nothing to do with Jaylon or LVE and wasn't a message in any way (definitely could just be being diplomatic here)

None of the above is surprising or anything we haven't heard or assumed but it was enforced in his interview as being accurate. I like McClay and I like hearing his interviews more than Jerry, Stephen and our frat boy HC who just sound like they are trying to promote an agenda in every interview. The other guy I would put on the level of McClay is Quinn. He just sounds smarter and more open and honest than the others and basically sounds like he knows what he is talking about even if you disagree with him.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a interview with McClay yesterday (or was it Sunday :scratch:) on sirius NFLN.
Without outright saying it he confirmed we wanted CB with our first pick. He also said we were considering Offense but went into the draft wanting to improve our defense. He also talked about Cox as a player that is good in space and how the game is moving that direction but said the pick had nothing to do with Jaylon or LVE and wasn't a message in any way (definitely could just be being diplomatic here)

None of the above is surprising or anything we haven't heard or assumed but it was enforced in his interview as being accurate. I like McClay and I like hearing his interviews more than Jerry, Stephen and our frat boy HC who just sound like they are trying to promote an agenda in every interview. The other guy I would put on the level of McClay is Quinn. He just sounds smarter and more open and honest than the others and basically sounds like he knows what he is talking about even if you disagree with him.
I would agree with McClay.
I think he looks at the strength of the draft pick. Not who is on the roster at the moment.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn has already talked about us lining up in a 3-4 as a base defense in a press conference. The question seems to be how much we will mix it up and what exactly it will look like Since IIRC he said it will “look like a 3-4”. Which is a little different than saying it is a 3-4. Let me look for an article that quotes him instead of an opinion piece.

I don’t mind a 3-4 but I wonder what will happen with Tank and Gregory on early downs if we run it and where a guy like Anae would fit. We will be in a 4 man front nickel 60-70% of the time regardless of our base D but most of the players you dress need to fit your base D also. I’m hoping it’s more of a hybrid because of our current roster.

I would agree with McClay.
I think he looks at the strength of the draft pick. Not who is on the roster at the moment.
I think Cox is exactly the type of defensive player we rarely draft. Elite awareness and ball skills. Yeah he could stand to be better against the run.

Parsons brings much needed speed. Joseph has the potential to be a shutdown corner. Aso just looks like a player that can stop the run. Bohanna I dont know about. Quinn has got some new talent to work with IMO.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my thoughts on this statement... I'll defer to the audience though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've seen those ratings. PFF doesn't know who your responsibility is on the play and doesn't downgrade when the Center helps you because Martin is on the other side or in that he isn't asked to chip and go to the second level as much as some other Guards in the league or that he also benefited in their rankings from the OTs letting their guy get to the QB in half a second (he only had to hold his man that long because the play ended). In general PFFs rankings seem to be off on OL. They had him high all year. I don't see the level PFF ranks him at, but I also do think he is much better than most Cowboys fans seem to think

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm hoping this kid never getting any PT at all last year even though guys who were clearly horrible were out there getting snaps was because he was moved around, didn't have a training camp to learn and general first year adapting that many players go through, because I thought he had a chance to at least be a back of the rotation guy by year 2. We obviously have a lot more CBs than Safeties if Neal is not playing any safety (I still don't 100% believe this) so it seems odd to move him back to CB. I hope he gets his fair chance in camp/preseason this year to show what he can do as I think he is already "out of sight out of mind" for many. But, I wouldn't be shocked to see him make the game day roster this year over a couple of these other guys

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we have the extra preseason game this year. I think it will help the new guys and borderline guys to be evaluated with the extra snaps and help everyone learn the new defense even if just standing on the sideline watching in street clothes