• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some minor leaguers to watch next season

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is, some minor leaguers to watch not named Luis Robert or Nick Madrigal, both of whom are pretty much assured of making the parent roster at some point in 2020. I'm also going to leave out Andrew Vaughn because he too seems destined to wear a White Sox uniform by no later than the 2021 season. These others are question marks as to whether or not they can possible make an appearance at some point next year or perhaps 2021.

Jonathan Stiever, RHP: To me, he's the most intriguing prospect, but only because he jumped 20 spots in the Sox prospect rankings over the course of this past season (from 27 to 7). I haven't a clue as to why such a jump was made, but it was enough to at least get me to follow how he fares next year.

Luis Basabe, OF: The unheralded #3 ranked player in that 4 person swap a couple years back for Chris Sale. Nos. 1 & 2 of course were Moncada and Kopech. He's a switch hitter carrying that much overused tag of potential '5 tool player' description. But depending how 2020 goes, there may be room for a September call up to see how he fares in the Bigs.

Steele Walker, OF: A highly rated L/H hitter coming out of college and our #2 draft pick in '18. He started out smokin in A ball, but came back to earth a bit when promoted to A+. 2021 perhaps?

Micker Adolfo, OF: At least prior to his TJ surgery two years ago, then elbow surgery last year, this kid was considered to have the strongest arm in the entire minor league system. There's likely not much of a chance to see him with the parent club this coming season, but perhaps at some point in 2021 - either that or trade bait when the Sox are finally in a position to start moving some of their prospects capital to bolster their postseason hopes.

Matthew Thompson, RHP: Our highest rated high schooler, this youngin, who was our #2 pick in last year's draft, has little chance of seeing a major league roster any time in the next 2-3 years. But it will be fun following his development as he makes his way thru the minors.