• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some how ...Some way...Lincecum will figure things out

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do fans get so worked up about Tim Lincecum when things go wrong?

I think it is because fans relate to Tim with his 5-9 165 pound body and what he is able to do with it. He is the underdog ...he is one of us ...he has come through when the chips have been in the middle of the table. The dude is the Freak and a Rock star when he has it going on the mound. When he struggled last year and then No hit the Padres in San Diego the fans went nuts. The fans wanted their underdog back ...the guy who would turn his back to the hitter with a snapping turn after striking him out. When Lincecum felt right his confidence was contagious.

Since about mid season last year Lincecum has been trying to reinvent himself on the mound. He no longer has the fastball velocity of the past when he dominated the league leading to two Cy Young awards. It's almost like Rocky 3 when Clubber Lang put a whipping on Rocky and Rocky lost his confidence as Creed tried to reinvent Rocky's style. Rocky resisted and was so used to slugging it out in the middle of the ring but Creed finally convinced the Rock to lose weight , bob and weave, and gain speed in the ring.Rocky was going to have to adjust his style to outsmart Clubber Lane.

Pitching is a lot like life. People have to reinvent themselves all the time. A new job, overcoming a life changing injury or illness . We all see the underdog in Tim Lincecum and are rooting for him to reinvent himself and knock out Goldschmidt and all the other challengers at the end of the movie. The first thing he has to do is believe he can do it. It's going to take some hard work but some how...some way Lincecum will figure things out. I really believe that and all the rest of the underdogs are in his corner too ready to root him on to victory. Eye of the tiger Tim....Eye of the tiger.

Go Giants !!

Go Tim Lincecum !!!

On youtube....

Survivor - Eye of the tiger (Rocky III) HD

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
98 mph --> 89 mph

Swing through change up --> CRUSHED change up

CY winner --> struggling #4

Just a few reasons off the top of my head...

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not inconceivable that Timmy could end up like Dontrelle Willis and end up with a short but very good career. His future may by in the bull pen like the last year the Giants won the WS but it may be he has to accept that he isn't a starting picture anymore.

That said I would prefer he pitch like good Timmy of last year and stay in the starting rotation....but there's no living in the past if he doesn't start pitching much better soon.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do fans get so worked up about Tim Lincecum when things go wrong?

I think it is because fans relate to Tim with his 5-9 165 pound body and what he is able to do with it. He is the underdog ...he is one of us ...he has come through when the chips have been in the middle of the table. The dude is the Freak and a Rock star when he has it going on the mound. When he struggled last year and then No hit the Padres in San Diego the fans went nuts. The fans wanted their underdog back ...the guy who would turn his back to the hitter with a snapping turn after striking him out. When Lincecum felt right his confidence was contagious.

Since about mid season last year Lincecum has been trying to reinvent himself on the mound. He no longer has the fastball velocity of the past when he dominated the league leading to two Cy Young awards. It's almost like Rocky 3 when Clubber Lang put a whipping on Rocky and Rocky lost his confidence as Creed tried to reinvent Rocky's style. Rocky resisted and was so used to slugging it out in the middle of the ring but Creed finally convinced the Rock to lose weight , bob and weave, and gain speed in the ring.Rocky was going to have to adjust his style to outsmart Clubber Lane.

Pitching is a lot like life. People have to reinvent themselves all the time. A new job, overcoming a life changing injury or illness . We all see the underdog in Tim Lincecum and are rooting for him to reinvent himself and knock out Goldschmidt and all the other challengers at the end of the movie. The first thing he has to do is believe he can do it. It's going to take some hard work but some how...some way Lincecum will figure things out. I really believe that and all the rest of the underdogs are in his corner too ready to root him on to victory. Eye of the tiger Tim....Eye of the tiger.

Go Giants !!

Go Tim Lincecum !!!

On youtube....

Survivor - Eye of the tiger (Rocky III) HD

I thought Timmeh's pitches were "flatter than Demi Moore's chest"…

He still has stretches where he can get people out…and even make his opponent looked overmatched. The problem is his room for error is dramatically different than it used to be, given his huge drop in velocity.

Will he have a good season? Damn, I hope so. He still has great movement on his pitches. But his inability to hit his spots has me very worried. Can I guy throwing 89 be dominant? Yes, if he can throw the ball where he wants to.

I fear he's going to have quite a few ugly innings like the one we saw in the first inning last night.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Timmeh's pitches were "flatter than Demi Moore's chest"…

He still has stretches where he can get people out…and even make his opponent looked overmatched. The problem is his room for error is dramatically different than it used to be, given his huge drop in velocity.

Will he have a good season? Damn, I hope so. He still has great movement on his pitches. But his inability to hit his spots has me very worried. Can I guy throwing 89 be dominant? Yes, if he can throw the ball where he wants to.

I fear he's going to have quite a few ugly innings like the one we saw in the first inning last night.

Dude, you're way old. Demi's gotten some major bazooms put in since the Brat Pack days.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-sequitur.

Yeah.
Tim frustrates me though, he has obvious talent but there are times he just seems uninterested on the mound.
I thought SF would cut him loose, but doing that is too big a gamble. If you let him go somewhere else and he reverts to form you look stupid.
I will just continue to say "tonights the night timmy let's get it rolling again."

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're way old. Demi's gotten some major bazooms put in since the Brat Pack days.

I had no idea. :) (about the tata's, not my age)

BTW: I was quoting Band from his post from yesterday, where he was lamenting Timmeh's chitty pitching and "flat" breaking balls.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmy used to get away with being a bit wild because of his incredible stuff. He got a ton of swing and misses, which kept hitters off balance. With the major dip in velocity, he now has to rely on command to get through, which has never been a strength. In order for him to be successful again, he'll need to be able to paint corners and change sight lines to get batters out. I think that's a major reason that he's taken to Hudson's advice of getting hitters to make "bad contact".

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.
Tim frustrates me though, he has obvious talent but there are times he just seems uninterested on the mound.
I thought SF would cut him loose, but doing that is too big a gamble. If you let him go somewhere else and he reverts to form you look stupid.
I will just continue to say "tonights the night timmy let's get it rolling again."

Lincecum has a 2 year deal, he isn't going anywhere. His talent is best suited for throwing BP.

The same folks who think Timmy "will work things out", are probably the same ones who thought Zito would turn things around.

He was paid for past performance, and now is a 2 year salary hold until we can find someone younger/better/cheaper.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincecum has a 2 year deal, he isn't going anywhere. His talent is best suited for throwing BP.

The same folks who think Timmy "will work things out", are probably the same ones who thought Zito would turn things around.

He was paid for past performance, and now is a 2 year salary hold until we can find someone younger/better/cheaper.

Somewhat, but he was also paid on the hope/expectation that his late season improvements could be built on and he could transition to a new kind of pitcher and be an effective #3. Pitchers do it all the time, and he showed signs (he did throw a no hitter last year for one example). Now, some don't manage it, and there's definitely a risk he won't be able to, which is why a 2 yr deal limited the risk. The brass figured it's better to pay higher dollars for less years, and they were right.