• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some good reads here

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
EuroFlyers

i laughed my ass off at this one:

Best gift?
"A rubber woman I got for Birthday"

god i hope that one got lost in translation. cuz it sounds wrong.

love the bobrovsky interview. sounds like a winner to me.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest athlete?
"Valeri Kharlamov"

:eek::eek::eek:

And I believe both your quote and my quote are from the Zherdev interview.

Last edited by a moderator:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, read the Bodrov article. Not that he was anything special last year on the Phantoms, but I will assume that we have seen the last of him.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the quote was from zherdev.

i was most impressed with bobrovsky, whom i will refer to from here on as "bob".

and bodrov would seem to be a head case. at the least he is trouble. too bad because he was tapped as being a good physical defenseman.

i was encouraged that zherdev and bobrovsky might help each other settle into life here. the flyers have problems with russians adjusting. good plan to have several.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I 1st read about Bodrov, I thought maybe he would have to bag the KHL because of the fine. 5.6 million rubles! Even though the KHL seems to over pay, I thought that there was no way he makes that much. His fine equates to $185k. Pretty hefty, but not enough to stop him from going back. Also has a 10 game suspension. I just don't think he has the dedication to play in the NHL.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you wonder if he was drafted by detroit, a team with a history of employing russians, surrounded by russian speakers, if he wouldn't be more likely to endure the development period in north america. they are after all just kids plucked out of there comfort zone and dropped into a pressure cooker where hardly anyone speaks your language. if you have any kind of doubt in your mind at all it has to be magnified a ton. when you look at the sheer quantity of talent coming out of the KHL it would be a smart move to have a russian support system in the franchise somehow...

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Datsyuk is the only Russian on Detroit's roster. Not exactly surrounded by Russians.