• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some good and bad

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good:

We won again finally

The defense showed it can still make plays

Eddie Lacy is the real deal again. Give him a decent line or AR back at QB and he'll be near the top of the league. He runs hard, he plays hurt, he's excitable, yet seems humble too. takes it all in stride. Completely different player than I thought he'd be.

Crosby made some tough kicks
Masthay has been very good all year

Our TE's seem to be picking up some slack and Quarless probably had the best game of his career. SHowed great hands all day and made some big catches.

The team showed some grit and didn't quit

The Bad:

it was a 3 win team we beat at home, barely.... but they did have some flukey type plays that gave them a big lead. Thankfully we had time to overcome those. Maybe I should put this as a neutral because the good and bad seem to even out ? :)

Though our defense can still make plays, they miss a lot too. Thankfully the Falcons weren't catching everything because there were some pretty bad drops, one that would have easily extended their last drive and they could have threatened field goal range. But it was dropped and our D was given the opportunity to make another play, which they did. But the Falcons helped us out periodically as well.

Our oline is still bad. Running or passing, they suck. Our last drive to "win" the game was evident. We have Eddie Lacy, a RB that if you give him just a wiggle of room will get 4-7 yds all on his feet and will to stay standing and moving forward. They don't even have to be good run blockers, just adequate and what do we see? The LOS gets moved 2-3 yards, every single play, into the backfield. They always seem to play on our side of the LOS, they establish nothing. It's considered a win if they aren't on their backside half the time it seems.

Lacy had to gain 3 yards after contact just to get to keep the play from being negative. it was pathetic on our offensive lines part. I don't care if they knew the run was coming or not, at least hold your ground. Lacy can get a first down, provided you give him 3 plays where he can at least get back to the LOS before getting hit.

It's crazy the difference when we went from that game, to the SF/Seattle game. Those offensive lines know how to run block, and do it against a much better front than the Falcons have. No line wins every battle, but the difference is rather dramatic when you look at the level of play.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take any victory you can in the NFL... they do not come easy.

Good
- Defense... really only gave up the 1 TD, other was short 13 yard field and other was fluke interception. Second half they played very well.
- Crosby and Mashtay
- Lacy trying to get something started
- Quarless and Nelson both had good days

Bad
- OL... pass blocking and rush blocking
- Pass rush... no one beating their man one on one

Believe they will need Rodgers back to beat Dallas in big D. But good to see a win.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never take any win for granted, the margin between winning and losing is so small.

I thought this team showed some heart during that comeback. 21-10 could have gone two ways, either fold up the tent and hope week 17 comes fast, or collectively man up and show something. I'm glad everyone took the latter approach.

Eddie Lacy is a man out there. He runs with such a physicality and an edge to him. I do worry that such a physical running style will mean he won't last very long. Whether it's James Starks or Jonathan Franklin needs to get established, just to save Eddie, not only short term but long term as well.

I saw Andrew Quarless step up and play big time, I hadn't seen this type of game from him before. I hope this was his light bulb on moment and we see this kind of play from him week in and week out.

Johnny Jolly is the heart and soul of the run defense. I get the sense that Jolly is the leader of the defense. Says a lot about him that he was able to jump into a leadership role immediately after coming back.

Winning the turnover battle is key. As a defense, you take advantage of your opportunities to create turnovers and good things happen.

Nice team win yesterday.