• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some consider her the Anti-Danica

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is putting the correct perspective on this Danica thing that irked Richard Petty to say what he said and forced Tony to basically tell Petty to put up or shut up to wit Petty retorted: "Bring it". Simona has always been a better racer than Danica even when they raced in IRL and now Simona is going down the correct road. She'll gain more respect on this path she is on than the hyped BS Danica is propagating.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been somewhat conflicted as to how I feel about Danica. One the one hand, during her IndyCar days she was far more often than not in the hunt for the win (or at least a strong finish) during oval races, and was perfectly up front about road/street courses not being her strong suit.

I agree that her 'sex appeal' was likely a big factor in her getting up through the minor leagues of racing, since her actual on-track performance record was hardly stellar, but IMO that is as much a factor of the general desire amongst racing series big-wigs to find/develop "the 1st bona-fide female racing star", so I don't blame her for riding that wave.

What I have always had the hardest time with concerning Danica was her very deliberate effort to channel her energies into being a 'marketable brand' instead of a better, more well rounded race driver. I really do believe that she HAD the potential to be "the 1st bona-fide female racing star", but she took her eye off of the ball, so to speak.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been somewhat conflicted as to how I feel about Danica. One the one hand, during her IndyCar days she was far more often than not in the hunt for the win (or at least a strong finish) during oval races, and was perfectly up front about road/street courses not being her strong suit.

I agree that her 'sex appeal' was likely a big factor in her getting up through the minor leagues of racing, since her actual on-track performance record was hardly stellar, but IMO that is as much a factor of the general desire amongst racing series big-wigs to find/develop "the 1st bona-fide female racing star", so I don't blame her for riding that wave.

What I have always had the hardest time with concerning Danica was her very deliberate effort to channel her energies into being a 'marketable brand' instead of a better, more well rounded race driver. I really do believe that she HAD the potential to be "the 1st bona-fide female racing star", but she took her eye off of the ball, so to speak.

That's it right there, IMO. In the Atlantics series, she showed that she could compete on any circuit unlike Sarah Fisher who only did ovals. But when she started to get the attention for her "brand" her racing skills noticeably went down. It's a shame, but if that's what she wants...

The problem is it sets a very bad precedent for the next female potential star. I like Simona's attitude. And she got a LOT out of that dog of a KV car last year.

And getting any ride in an F1 car, you either have to have money (Chilton) or talent (everyone else). The team doesn't matter. If you are not good, you don't get that seat.

I really hope she makes it to the big seat in 2015.