• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who is number 32

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I honestly didn’t know that. If it isn’t in Las Vegas then why was Vegas threatening to ignore the Nevada state orders? Well, I guess I saw it on the news so who knows.

When I lived out there I was told by multiple locals The Strip's located in Paradise, NV for tax write-off purposes.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not questioning the size of the arenas. Vegas was a great city for the original XFL. I just guess I don’t see Vegas as a city the NBA would want when there are other cities that are better. I get the NHL but the NBA isn’t Mickey Mouse like the NHL was with their expansion.
Which cities do you see as better and why?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VEGAS is great for the NBA
The NBA experience is traditionally more in line with Adult Night out (Drinks, Dinner, Game, Dance Club) vibe.

You take the family to baseball games and have a Norman Rockwell americana day.
You round up your fat meathead friends dressed in XXXL jerseys and chug beers at 11am in the tailgate party with football.
You get dressed in your best clothes and have a great city experience at night with NBA games.

That is why most of the successful arenas are in the cosmopolitan city center with all the nearby adult nightlife and food options.
Vegas is perfect for the NBA experience.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're building a new stadium where CHAZ was located
No, CHAZ was further east of the Seattle Center. And as does as the CHAZ folks were, they aren’t going to doing that crap in the neighborhood where all of the Amazon employees live.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I lived out there I was told by multiple locals The Strip's located in Paradise, NV for tax write-off purposes.
Could be, I am not questioning whether you are right or not because when I go there I am highly intoxicated. So my cab driving may be lying about going downtown to al the exhibits. It just seems odd if the strip isn’t in city limits the city council was making threats to whoever the Nevada governor is. But, like I said I saw it on the news so it probably isn’t the way it was reported.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which cities do you see as better and why?
St Louis, now that Canada isn’t broke, Vancouver, with the Chargers gone, San Diego. Vegas is definitely on the list because of state taxes because with the current NBA you can’t win unless you are a big market team, which Vegas won’t ever big. Just my two thoughts. Like I said when I made that statement, my times in Vegas aren’t scoping the social economics on whether Vegas could sustain a NBA franchise or be like the Thunder where everyone wants to leave there.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Louis, now that Canada isn’t broke, Vancouver, with the Chargers gone, San Diego. Vegas is definitely on the list because of state taxes because with the current NBA you can’t win unless you are a big market team, which Vegas won’t ever big. Just my two thoughts. Like I said when I made that statement, my times in Vegas aren’t scoping the social economics on whether Vegas could sustain a NBA franchise or be like the Thunder where everyone wants to leave there.
Not just the current NBA. The history of the NBA has half the titles won by two franchises, and most of the titles won by just six.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vegas and Seattle plan (moving Memphis to the East) is the best plan

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A st Louis NBA team would be lucky to last as long as the Rams did here. Nobody in St. Louis cares about basketball. When I moved here, I was surprised to see the complete lack of basketball hoops around the city. St Louis would be a very poor choice for a basketball team. St Louis is big into baseball, hockey, and soccer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not Vegas, Kansas City and Mexico City would be the next two IMO. No NBA team in quite a radius around Kansas City and Mexico City has a huge population (but obvious concerns). If they're waiting for Seattle to build, we have a few years to sort this out.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A st Louis NBA team would be lucky to last as long as the Rams did here. Nobody in St. Louis cares about basketball. When I moved here, I was surprised to see the complete lack of basketball hoops around the city. St Louis would be a very poor choice for a basketball team. St Louis is big into baseball, hockey, and soccer.
Sure, but St Louis has supported at least two major league sport franchises as well as any city in America. This is a knock of Vegas, and I don’t mean for it to be. They haven’t successfully supported one franchise yet, hard to say they can support 3.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but St Louis has supported at least two major league sport franchises as well as any city in America. This is a knock of Vegas, and I don’t mean for it to be. They haven’t successfully supported one franchise yet, hard to say they can support 3.
You could say the same for Pittsburgh, even more so as they haven't lost their NFL franchise. But I don't hear them on anyone's list. Heck, they would already have a color scheme as all the cities major sports franchises are the same.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

They could play in Sinaloa Cartel Arena.
Sinaloa is a long way from MC though. That's like saying gotta watch out for those Crips in Denver,

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sinaloa is a long way from MC though. That's like saying gotta watch out for those Crips in Denver,

There are Crips in Denver.

They have several sub-sets such as Tre 31st, Tre Deuce and Tre Tre Finest.

The Rollin' 30's aka Tre Tre Crips also still have a strong presence.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could say the same for Pittsburgh, even more so as they haven't lost their NFL franchise. But I don't hear them on anyone's list. Heck, they would already have a color scheme as all the cities major sports franchises are the same.
But aren’t the Pittsburgh and the Ohio teams more of a family tradition? Pittsburgh has a pretty good fan base because kids grew up and left, IMO Steelers fans will be Giants fans in a decade. But yeah, that is a good call and a city I always overlook when it comes to not having a team. Vegas isn’t a bad city at all, just seems like they skipped the line but like you have pointed out at this point that line is all lateral at best.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are Crips in Denver.

They have several sub-sets such as Tre 31st, Tre Deuce and Tre Tre Finest.

The Rollin' 30's aka Tre Tre Crips also still have a strong presence.
I'm a little concerned you know so much about that

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just the current NBA. The history of the NBA has half the titles won by two franchises, and most of the titles won by just six.
Yes, but that is how sports in general are. I mean, damn, Seattle has as many Stanley Cups as most of the NHL.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but that is how sports in general are. I mean, damn, Seattle has as many Stanley Cups as most of the NHL.
Football probably has the most diverse roster of winners (even with the Patriots). Baseball is getting there now that the Yankees (and Cardinals) don't win them all.

Basketball, nope. 2 teams have almost half the titles. 5 teams have almost 2/3 of 'em.

Giving myself something to do when jogging, I've memorized every MLB champion and NBA champion (in order). It's so easy with the NBA.

Gonna work on the NFL next.