• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who is number 32

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Sonics are coming back?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico City

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move Memphis to the East (where they belong) then put a team in Vegas.
Do you really think Vegas could support a MBA team? The Knights are the new shiny toy, the Raiders are a national team. Vegas has lots of money for advertisements and all but doesn’t seem like they have the right money to support two local franchises, excluding the Raiders because it is an easy game to get to if you were a fan of the Oakland or LA version. Behind the Seahawks the Raiders are the most popular sticker on a car...granted they are usually pulled over by an officer but still.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think Vegas could support a MBA team? The Knights are the new shiny toy, the Raiders are a national team. Vegas has lots of money for advertisements and all but doesn’t seem like they have the right money to support two local franchises, excluding the Raiders because it is an easy game to get to if you were a fan of the Oakland or LA version. Behind the Seahawks the Raiders are the most popular sticker on a car...granted they are usually pulled over by an officer but still.
Yes, I think that they could support an NBA team. There are always people from all over in Vegas, so there will be away fans willing to see a game. Also, people are always looking for entertainment in Vegas. Lastly, most of the income comes from TV deals anyhow, if it was just arena attendance from local fans no small market team would be able to exist.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think that they could support an NBA team. There are always people from all over in Vegas, so there will be away fans willing to see a game. Also, people are always looking for entertainment in Vegas. Lastly, most of the income comes from TV deals anyhow, if it was just arena attendance from local fans no small market team would be able to exist.
I get that there people from all around to Vegas. Which is why it is a perfect melting pot football city. But the average random person can catch the football game on Sunday and make the flight to get it work on Monday. Just seem likes the NBA schedule leaves a lot to be desired and why they have never (nor will ever no matter how much the MSM says) get a MLB team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that there people from all around to Vegas. Which is why it is a perfect melting pot football city. But the average random person can catch the football game on Sunday and make the flight to get it work on Monday. Just seem likes the NBA schedule leaves a lot to be desired and why they have never (nor will ever no matter how much the MSM says) get a MLB team.

You get that there are a lot of people who live in Vegas and in the surrounding areas year round, right?

They likely wouldn't be any more effected than any other team playing on a weeknight. In fact, you could make a case that they could be less effected because they have tourists there 24/7 and some of those folks who are there vacationing of for a quick 2 day trip or who are there for some sort of conference may also choose to go to a game. Especially if they can get comped or discounted tickets from their hotel.

Heck, I'm only 4-5 hours away, depending on day, time of game, importance of game, etc. I might take a day trip there for a game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get that there are a lot of people who live in Vegas and in the surrounding areas year round, right?

They likely wouldn't be any more effected than any other team playing on a weeknight. In fact, you could make a case that they could be less effected because they have tourists there 24/7 and some of those folks who are there vacationing of for a quick 2 day trip or who are there for some sort of conference may also choose to go to a game. Especially if they can get comped or discounted tickets from their hotel.

Heck, I'm only 4-5 hours away, depending on day, time of game, importance of game, etc. I might take a day trip there for a game.
No. I get that Vegas is an actual city. But a city that doesn’t seem to have enough of population to support two professional franchises. Tourists are great for football. I just don’t know, which is the question is there enough tourism to help the NBA or NHL.

Well yes, all the conferences will mostly include a game instead of passes to dumb show. I won’t pretend to be an expert on Vegas, was just asking if they could really support two pro franchises with the NHL and NBA.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I get that Vegas is an actual city. But a city that doesn’t seem to have enough of population to support two professional franchises. Tourists are great for football. I just don’t know, which is the question is there enough tourism to help the NBA or NHL.

Well yes, all the conferences will mostly include a game instead of passes to dumb show. I won’t pretend to be an expert on Vegas, was just asking if they could really support two pro franchises with the NHL and NBA.
If Detroit can be a four sport city (with all 4 sucking ass currently) there is absolutely no reason to think that Las Vegas could not support 3 professional teams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see why not. Vegas has a bigger population than you think and a lot of those folks have money. Plus, NBA and NHL arenas are a lot smaller than football stadiums, so it's easier to get closer to capacity.

I'd also expect that the league has done it's homework and wouldn't be willing to approve a franchise there if it didn't think it was sustainable.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vegas could support an NBA team. When I lived out there many locals had been hoping for a team. Did you know the The Strip isn't located in the city of Lost Wages?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas could support an NBA team. When I lived out there many locals had been hoping for a team. Did you know the The Strip isn't located in the city of Lost Wages?

Is it not? I honestly didn’t know that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it not? I honestly didn’t know that.

The Vegas Strip is technically located in unincorperated Paradise, NV. Also the Welcome to Las Vegas sign is at th end of The Strip, not the beginning.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move Memphis to the East (where they belong) then put a team in Vegas.
I agree about putting a team in Vegas. The nhl and the nfl both did it. So I don’t see why the nba couldn’t succeed out there

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why not. Vegas has a bigger population than you think and a lot of those folks have money. Plus, NBA and NHL arenas are a lot smaller than football stadiums, so it's easier to get closer to capacity.

I'd also expect that the league has done it's homework and wouldn't be willing to approve a franchise there if it didn't think it was sustainable.
I am not questioning the size of the arenas. Vegas was a great city for the original XFL. I just guess I don’t see Vegas as a city the NBA would want when there are other cities that are better. I get the NHL but the NBA isn’t Mickey Mouse like the NHL was with their expansion.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I honestly didn’t know that. If it isn’t in Las Vegas then why was Vegas threatening to ignore the Nevada state orders? Well, I guess I saw it on the news so who knows.