• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who is number 32

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football probably has the most diverse roster of winners (even with the Patriots). Baseball is getting there now that the Yankees (and Cardinals) don't win them all.

Basketball, nope. 2 teams have almost half the titles. 5 teams have almost 2/3 of 'em.

Giving myself something to do when jogging, I've memorized every MLB champion and NBA champion (in order). It's so easy with the NBA.

Gonna work on the NFL next.
Yes 2 teams, then you have the Warriors, Cavs, the Heat and for some reason the most stable franchise since the late 90’s were the small market Spurs. Plus, expansion isn’t for inviting in teams to win. It is to collect the free check then squeeze every ounce of money they can out of the expansion teams.

Ballmer bought the Kings on the contingency of being approved of the move being approved and a street vacated. The street vacation was denied before the board even was able to vote though.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 2 teams, then you have the Warriors, Cavs, the Heat and for some reason the most stable franchise since the late 90’s were the small market Spurs. Plus, expansion isn’t for inviting in teams to win. It is to collect the free check then squeeze every ounce of money they can out of the expansion teams.

Ballmer bought the Clippers on the contingency of being approved of the move being approved and a street vacated. The street vacation was denied before the board even was able to vote though.
I simply cannot fathom why Microsoft Steve doesn't move to Seattle. LA will always be Lakertown.

Also FIFY

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ballmer bought the Kings on the contingency of being approved of the move being approved and a street vacated. The street vacation was denied before the board even was able to vote though.
Also...Cavs? Dude, just 1 title.

It's Lakers and Cs 17 each, Warriors 6 and Bulls 6, Spurs 5.

Next tier are a coupla 3s (Sixers, Pistons, Heat)

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But aren’t the Pittsburgh and the Ohio teams more of a family tradition? Pittsburgh has a pretty good fan base because kids grew up and left, IMO Steelers fans will be Giants fans in a decade. But yeah, that is a good call and a city I always overlook when it comes to not having a team. Vegas isn’t a bad city at all, just seems like they skipped the line but like you have pointed out at this point that line is all lateral at best.
Pittsburgh has made quite a comeback since the steel collapse, their fans aren't going anywhere. And why would they go to the Giants if they did?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply cannot fathom why Microsoft Steve doesn't move to Seattle. LA will always be Lakertown.

Also FIFY

I didn't understand Sterling moving them to Los Angeles in the first place and I don't understand Ballmer not wanting to move them. I remember when the Arrowhead Pond (now the Honda Center) was built and the City of Anaheim all but begged the Clippers to move there. But Sterling wanted to stay in LA and continue to play in the outdated LA Sports Arena.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand Sterling moving them to Los Angeles in the first place and I don't understand Ballmer not wanting to move them. I remember when the Arrowhead Pond (now the Honda Center) was built and the City of Anaheim all but begged the Clippers to move there. But Sterling wanted to stay in LA and continue to play in the outdated LA Sports Arena.
Sterling was not known for his good choices.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But aren’t the Pittsburgh and the Ohio teams more of a family tradition? Pittsburgh has a pretty good fan base because kids grew up and left, IMO Steelers fans will be Giants fans in a decade. But yeah, that is a good call and a city I always overlook when it comes to not having a team. Vegas isn’t a bad city at all, just seems like they skipped the line but like you have pointed out at this point that line is all lateral at best.

Remains to be seen how much of the Vegas audience is going to support the home team consistently. How much is going to be sight-seers and gamblers looking for something else to do while in town? Home field advantage might not have that typical clout...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remains to be seen how much of the Vegas audience is going to support the home team consistently. How much is going to be sight-seers and gamblers looking for something else to do while in town? Home field advantage might not have that typical clout...
Except that hangover the visiting team will have if they arrive the night before.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football probably has the most diverse roster of winners (even with the Patriots). Baseball is getting there now that the Yankees (and Cardinals) don't win them all.

Basketball, nope. 2 teams have almost half the titles. 5 teams have almost 2/3 of 'em.

Giving myself something to do when jogging, I've memorized every MLB champion and NBA champion (in order). It's so easy with the NBA.

Gonna work on the NFL next.

Those two teams have half the NBA titles historically, but the past 20 years have been a bit more distributed, with a few future HOFers and/or top 10 all time players dominating. Past 20 years has been Lakers x5, Spurs x4, Warriors x3, Heat x3, Pistons/Celtics/Mavs/Cavs/Raptors x1 each. Or, more accurately, Kobe x5, Lebron x 5, Duncan x4 and down the line.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two teams have half the NBA titles historically, but the past 20 years have been a bit more distributed, with a few future HOFers and/or top 10 all time players dominating. Past 20 years has been Lakers x5, Spurs x4, Warriors x3, Heat x3, Pistons/Celtics/Mavs/Cavs/Raptors x1 each. Or, more accurately, Kobe x5, Lebron x 5, Duncan x4 and down the line.
A bit more. Still 45% two teams, 75% four teams. Basketball playoffs are the least random so this is not unexpected

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget DJ Mbenga x2

OffbeatImpossibleArachnid-size_restricted.gif