• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So where does Peyton rank now?

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning overthrew majority of his passes over 10 yds tonight. I saw Brady get crucified for that last game, basically same game today by Manning, except I thought Brady faced a bit more pressure in the pocket. Brady faced significantly more pressure in the 2007 SB and was crucified for his performance then too.

Bottomline, pressure pocket passers and they have trouble.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning overthrew majority of his passes over 10 yds tonight. I saw Brady get crucified for that last game, basically same game today by Manning, except I thought Brady faced a bit more pressure in the pocket. Brady faced significantly more pressure in the 2007 SB and was crucified for his performance then too.

Bottomline, pressure pocket passers and they have trouble.

but but Manning is elite and Brady is over rated

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice how the only people still arguing are Brady fans. Understand guys, that I'm a Brady fan myself too. And I would never discredit how amazing he truly is. He doesn't "choke" either. You guys are attacking other QBs because you're tired of your QB being attacked. I understand. But its not Brady's fault he's attacked. Its the organization and how "evil" they seem to be.

Lets stop the senselessness please. This word "choke" has no place in the game. Nobody "chokes." You have misfortune, and the other team outplays you. You don't shrink or get scared of the moment. If you honestly believe NFL players get shaky in big moments, you're ill-informed. Peyton and Brady are both 2 of the greatest ever. Probably THE 2 greatest ever. One was luckier than the other. That is all.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still the best I have ever seen play the game. I still have him number two behind Montana.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but but Manning is elite and Brady is over rated

LOL... Not a Pats or Broncos fan, and havent been on message boards very long but I've noticed a hatred towards Brady and a love affair for Manning. Both are all-time greats and one is not significantly better than the other in anything. However, push comes to shove it has always been Brady for me.....since 2001 quite frankly.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His O-line was outmatched all game long, and his receivers (mainly D. Thomas) were pretty pedestrian. Pretty poor showing all around, but this is not a reflection of Peyton. He's still at the top of the league IMO.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice how the only people still arguing are Brady fans. Understand guys, that I'm a Brady fan myself too. And I would never discredit how amazing he truly is. He doesn't "choke" either. You guys are attacking other QBs because you're tired of your QB being attacked. I understand. But its not Brady's fault he's attacked. Its the organization and how "evil" they seem to be.

Lets stop the senselessness please. This word "choke" has no place in the game. Nobody "chokes." You have misfortune, and the other team outplays you. You don't shrink or get scared of the moment. If you honestly believe NFL players get shaky in big moments, you're ill-informed. Peyton and Brady are both 2 of the greatest ever. Probably THE 2 greatest ever. One was luckier than the other. That is all.

Now that is very well said.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, its called tonights super bowl. he was ill prepared for the game. The score is all the evidence you need, plus the turnovers he handed out, and I do blame him for the touch back

I assume you mean the safety. I have no idea what happened there but when do the Broncos ever quick snap ? My guess is that the center blew it there.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said, I agree except maybe the last line. Both have been pretty lucky.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not trying to spread the whole choke thing. But Peyton had an awful first half, and put up a little bit of numbers after the game was over. There's not really a different way to look at this game.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His O-line was outmatched all game long, and his receivers (mainly D. Thomas) were pretty pedestrian. Pretty poor showing all around, but this is not a reflection of Peyton. He's still at the top of the league IMO.

You're kidding me right? Despite a few boneheaded plays, D. Thomas had one of the greatest Super Bowl performances by a WR ever. He has cemented himself as an elite WR in this league. 13 catches, 118 yards, 1 TD. Against the greatest secondary we've ever seen. They had no answer for him. Changed up coverage, still no answer. Please tell me you were not serious. Thomas is one of the great talents in this game today.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding me right? Despite a few boneheaded plays, D. Thomas had one of the greatest Super Bowl performances by a WR ever. He has cemented himself as an elite WR in this league. 13 catches, 118 yards, 1 TD. Against the greatest secondary we've ever seen. They had no answer for him. Changed up coverage, still no answer. Please tell me you were not serious. Thomas is one of the great talents in this game today.

You caught that huh?

Of course it was sarcasm. Only he showed up, minus the fumble.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this sorry performance, he drops to 5th for me, behind Montana, Brady, Elway and Marino.

Seahawks were obviously the better team, and it wasn't just his fault but he has to take the majority of the blame for this one.

Well if you remember, Elway lost 3 or 4 SB's before he won 2 back to back at the end of his career.
And Fran Tarkenton lost 4....
Marino lost the only one he was ever in.....So PM has 1 win, 2 losses and holds a lot of records along with MVP's and Pro Bowls.....Still one of the greatest, but we are talking about the likes of Montana, Unitas, Staubach, Bradshaw etc.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You caught that huh?

Of course it was sarcasm. Only he showed up, minus the fumble.

Ok lol :suds: I was just shocked when I read that was all. But yeah, I honestly don't think you can name 5 better WRs than him right now.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you remember, Elway lost 3 or 4 SB's before he won 2 back to back at the end of his career.
And Fran Tarkenton lost 4....
Marino lost the only one he was ever in.....So PM has 1 win, 2 losses and holds a lot of records along with MVP's and Pro Bowls.....Still one of the greatest, but we are talking about the likes of Montana, Unitas, Staubach, Bradshaw etc.

Montana is the only one beter than Manning on that list.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for lucking out and facing Rex Grossman in '06 he'd be looking at being the next Jim Kelly or Fran Tarkenton. Great QB but nowhere close to best ever.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for lucking out and facing Rex Grossman in '06 he'd be looking at being the next Jim Kelly or Fran Tarkenton.

If there were a better team in the NFC that year, they would have made the SB, but they didnt, so that argument holds no merit.

But u know who's headed into that conversation? Rivers, or should I say Dan Fouts Jr,

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok lol :suds: I was just shocked when I read that was all. But yeah, I honestly don't think you can name 5 better WRs than him right now.

He's definitely top tier! But I wouldn't say that nobody could name 5 better WRs.

Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant
Antonio Brown
AJ Green
Brandon Marshall
Julio Jones

All deserving of this discussion (amongst others). But its definitely easy to say that D. Thomas belongs in this group..

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this sorry performance, he drops to 5th for me, behind Montana, Brady, Elway and Marino.

Seahawks were obviously the better team, and it wasn't just his fault but he has to take the majority of the blame for this one.
nobody cares what you think