• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so when chip kelly jumps ship

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean to leave Boise and go to Oregon, then no. Why should Peterson switch to a school that he has owned? Peterson has built up that program, so why take a job of equal value? Especially now that he will be moving to the Big East with a chance to play in the BCS yearly.

Last edited by a moderator:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean to leave Boise, then no. Why should Peterson switch to a school that he has owned? Peterson has built up that program, so why take a job of equal value? Especially now that he will be moving to the Big East with a chance to play in the BCS yearly.

big east's auto bcs expires when the playoffs kick in. they then become just another mid major conference.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realized it would be a mid major conference but thought it would have an edge over the other conference. I just realized though with Rutgers probably soon to leave, Louisville will likely to follow suit soon enough. Their won't be any semi-legit teams in the Big East soon enough. I think if Peterson was going to leave he would have taken the USC job. He will stay put for the time being.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realized it would be a mid major conference but thought it would have an edge over the other conference. I just realized though with Rutgers probably soon to leave, Louisville will likely to follow suit soon enough. Their won't be any semi-legit teams in the Big East soon enough. I think if Peterson was going to leave he would have taken the USC job. He will stay put for the time being.

when i say mid major i am refering to the lack of an auto bcs bid. not just the leftover talent.

Six bowls in pool for college football semifinal games - ESPN

The "Group of Five" conferences fought to get automatic access to the six major bowls. It was especially important for the Big East, which has had an automatic berth into the BCS bowls, but in the new system, the conference will not have guaranteed access unless its champion is the top-rated among the "Group of Five."

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will the big east be around when playoffs start? Obviously, I think today marks when the dominoes start to fall quickly.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I was thinking Huskers. With Rutgers leaving and all these teams traveling across America to be in the Big East (San Diego State and Boise State), without an auto-bid what reason do they have for being in the conference?

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How embarassing for the big east

Lumped in with the table scraps conferences