• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what are the chances......

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We make a move for Patricia as a DC here?
He sucked as a HC but can be a hard ass this defense could use.

I know we will be stupid & ride out the season with Nolan. Or be even more stupid & keep him even longer.

However with Patricia on the market & a good DC. What are the chances we at the very least talk to him before someone snaps him up?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Patricia was that good by himself. He had Belichick running the show.
While maybe true. he has that experience to use.
Nolan is a dumpster fire!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still welcome Mike Singletary
I honestly dont know his DC history to comment either way.
He didnt have it as a HC I know, but that isnt the subject here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont know his DC history to comment either way.
He didnt have it as a HC I know, but that isnt the subject here.
He didn't have it as a HC cause he was a HARD ASS.

He'd be perfect but Jerry would never allow that, he'd hurt player feelings

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK what to think,but there are issues, especially at linebacker.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We make a move for Patricia as a DC here?
He sucked as a HC but can be a hard ass this defense could use.

I know we will be stupid & ride out the season with Nolan. Or be even more stupid & keep him even longer.

However with Patricia on the market & a good DC. What are the chances we at the very least talk to him before someone snaps him up?
I’d take a flyer on the possible availability of Mike Zimmer. I tend to think his shelf life in Minnesota is running short. And I can’t help but think he and Jerry think we’ll of each other... and I would also think he has he respect of McCarthy.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take a flyer on the possible availability of Mike Zimmer. I tend to think his shelf life in Minnesota is running short. And I can’t help but think he and Jerry think we’ll of each other... and I would also think he has he respect of McCarthy.
Until Jerry brings in suitable players, it won't matter who the DC is. Do agree Zimmer is the guy tho. Jerry has to stand up for once.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must be something because Zim was let go and we have had the chance to lure him (between his last and current job) and never looked his way.

I am a Zim fan. Have always been one. Would love to see him here in any capacity.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must be something because Zim was let go and we have had the chance to lure him (between his last and current job) and never looked his way.

I am a Zim fan. Have always been one. Would love to see him here in any capacity.
Zimmer is a real good defensive coach.. if he ran this defense it would be much better. He could dial up effective blitzes like no other . He was a 4-3 coach and I remember he transitioned the 4-3 to Parcells 3-4 and got the job done. His defenses were consistently good,unlike Wade Philip's where he first gets to a new team and the defense is real good the first year then gradually implodes over time.

I have spent a lot of time researching this. I researched Nolans defenses after he was hired and what we see here is likely how it is going to be. His defenses have not been great to put it bluntly. It is very doubtful this defense will improve much if he stays.

Zimmer would transform the defense. He is also no nonsense which is why I doubt Jerry would hire him again.. I think he soured on the Cowboys.due to Jerry's meddling,just like several other good assistants we had over the years.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This transition to a 3-4 defense has been a disaster. We got all that money and draft resources tied up in 4-3 defenders like DLaw,LVE, Hill,Gregory etcand they change an entire scheme? All we needed was a 4-3 coach to come in and make minor adjustments to the scheme that was already in place. They needed to play more man in coverage.

What I have been screaming for forever is a real fast safety to play FS and can help in run support on occasion...we need a guy like Paris Ford in the next draft. Ford has the necessary speed,instincts to make a difference. Wilson is better suited to play SS and nickel LB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Zimmer as a defensive coach, but I watch these guys play and I'm not sure the problems I see on the defensive side can be solved by a coaching change. DBs who just can't cover and see too many catchable balls dropped, LBs who get sealed off constantly and end chasing more than anticipating, a DL that gets pushed around way too often and must be the worst in the league at containing the edge (this is going back a decade now) and worst of all an entire defense that just can't tackle. What these guys are missing should have started in HS. Learning a new defense on the fly with no real offseason is tough of course, but I just don't think we are good enough and we have kidded ourselves into giving out contracts to maintain a defense that is sub-par and those contracts preclude us from bringing in better players right now.