• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So was it a TD or a pick?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must add that it's clear, to me, despite his attempts to be neutral, that Sando thinks it was an INT, but also gives reasoning to why he thinks it couldn't be overturned. Perhaps his followers have an influence. He wants a smaller inbox. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a simultaneous catch though. They both got 2 hands around the ball at roughly the same time and neither had more control than the other. Cromartie also appeared to lose control of the ball during contact with the ground.

The difference in the Seattle play is that Jennings firmly had 2 hands on the ball and brought it to his chest before Tate got 2 hands on the ball. Tate basically caught Jennings.

You're right. I posted it because I found it on the link I posted earlier. You're still right, but I can see why the author thinks it supports his case by the way he argued his point. My whole thing was with the certainty and treatment people had to Tate's participation in the play. Not really on this board, but there are plenty out there that act like Tate never had any control until 2-3 seconds after hitting the ground.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Weird time to bring this up again, but I'm getting really sick of people and their stupid claim that the so-called "fail Mary" was the wrong call. The reason the media keeps beating this drum to this day is because they were on the side of the ref's in the strike, and they wanted a reason to make the NFL look stupid. In reality, THEY (the media) are the ones who look stupid. The call was right according to how the rule of simultaneous possession is written.

It doesn't matter who has "more" possession. Jennings would have had to have established SOLE possession of the ball and MAINTAIN that possession all the way to the ground for it to have been a pick. Tate has his hands on the ball while Jennings' friggn' leg is chest high. You can see it if you pause this video at 1:06. It's typical media bull shit, and it's beyond me how people can still fall for their dishonesty.

Last edited by a moderator: