• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the Niners DID mull making a run at Brady

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barely considered it tho.

Lynch: 49ers mulled chasing Brady in free agency

"When you're talking about one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time with Tom Brady, of course you're going to have some internal discussion," Lynch told Eisen. "And then you hear rumors that hey, he'd like to come home, that kind of thing.

"So of course Kyle and I have discussions. We're always into getting better, so you always look at everything, especially a situation like that. But within a day or two, Kyle and I looked at each other and said, 'You know what, we really like what we have in Jimmy.' We love everything that he brings and we really believe it's a long-term answer. I would tell you we're more convinced than ever about who our quarterback is in Jimmy Garoppolo."

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was pretty well established reading in between the lines. It pretty plausible that the Niners felt Jimmy G is the better asset in 2020 though after internal discussion and some homework.

Going to be interesting to see how Brady responds to a stacked offensive team after being on a poverty offense the year before at his age.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this was pretty well established reading in between the lines. It pretty plausible that the Niners felt Jimmy G is the better asset in 2020 though after internal discussion and some homework.

Going to be interesting to see how Brady responds to a stacked offensive team after being on a poverty offense the year before at his age.

If (and it's a ridiculous IF) Gronkowski somehow stays healthy... Evans + Godwin + Howard+ Gronk + Top 10 OL?

Gonna be ridiculous....

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would Lynch even say that at this point? can't give Jimmy G a whole lot of confidence.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is going to learn he should not have said that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barely considered it tho.

Lynch: 49ers mulled chasing Brady in free agency

"When you're talking about one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time with Tom Brady, of course you're going to have some internal discussion," Lynch told Eisen. "And then you hear rumors that hey, he'd like to come home, that kind of thing.

"So of course Kyle and I have discussions. We're always into getting better, so you always look at everything, especially a situation like that. But within a day or two, Kyle and I looked at each other and said, 'You know what, we really like what we have in Jimmy.' We love everything that he brings and we really believe it's a long-term answer. I would tell you we're more convinced than ever about who our quarterback is in Jimmy Garoppolo."

Whether or not Jimmy G is the long - term asnwer, Brady is too old and his play is clearly in decline now. On top of that he would have to adjust to a new complicated offense. He is a smart guy and would learn it as fast as anyone but it still would take some time. That never made sense.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll admit to not following Tampa much.

Is their O line any good? Because Brady will need one.

Were Winston's yips the result of pressure?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit to not following Tampa much.

Is their O line any good? Because Brady will need one.

Were Winston's yips the result of pressure?
Brady sure didn't go there to build an offense. The dude wants another ring so he must be relatively confident of the O-line. Rumor has it Gronk may join him. Not sure how much BS that is. Brady would be all over that.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady sure didn't go there to build an offense. The dude wants another ring so he must be relatively confident of the O-line. Rumor has it Gronk may join him. Not sure how much BS that is. Brady would be all over that.

No rumour. Fact. Passing physical remaining.

I think Brady didn't have a lot of options in the end.

So it was either TB or humble pie in NE.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rumor to it. Gronk was traded to Tampa yesterday.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rumour. Fact. Passing physical remaining.

I think Brady didn't have a lot of options in the end.

So it was either TB or humble pie in NE.
The league should schedule Tampa Bay at New England week 1. That will be the most watched football game in history!!!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two mistakes by Lynch here. First was not getting Brady, second was admitting publicly that they thought about it for a couple of days.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not Jimmy G is the long - term asnwer, Brady is too old and his play is clearly in decline now. On top of that he would have to adjust to a new complicated offense. He is a smart guy and would learn it as fast as anyone but it still would take some time. That never made sense.
You aren't completely wrong, but with Brady you never really know because that drive makes him play well.

Imagine I'd they did sign Brady and kept JimmyG, and then made him sit on the bench behind Brady again?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league should schedule Tampa Bay at New England week 1. That will be the most watched football game in history!!!
Schedules are created well in advance....not this time of the year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't completely wrong, but with Brady you never really know because that drive makes him play well.

Imagine I'd they did sign Brady and kept JimmyG, and then made him sit on the bench behind Brady again?
They would have released him b4 signing TB.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think at Brady's age there is physical decline that isnt going be overcome with drive. I dont see Brady as the kind of QB that ever lacked in competitiveness that all of a sudden is going to.find another gear. I guess we will see in Tampa Bay show it goes