• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Parise...

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who thinks he'll stay with us when the time comes for Lou to attempt to resign him? i mean a lot of people keep talking as if it's all on Lou to make it happen and i agree a good deal of it is but does anyone ponder the thought that perhaps Zach might not want to stay here? Just interested to know as of now this is the most important thing to me with the Devils situtation.

P.S. not been here in a LONG(or what feels like a long) time, hope everyone's doing good.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rfa status may play a role I am hoping the devils find the money he deserves and would like to think he wants to be part of this team hoping they start talking as soon as the season ends.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
there is going to be money for him to stay with this club. anyone that says different is seriously kidding themseleves. that being said its all up to parise he saw the worse and the best this team had to offer this year thats without him in the lineup...where else is he going to go to have a shot at the playoffs/cup every year?

he knows hes more important then kovalchuk is to this team...heck the devils went out to get kovalchuk FOR parise not to replace him.

if he wants to win he would stay here just like kovalchuk did. if he wants the money he will go elsewhere? but i dont see teams offering him more then what the devils can/will that being like 6.6 a year. how much more could you want?

i will say this if this goes to arbitration which i bet it will and he gets a 1 year deal then you have to trade him at the deadline or during the season. losing him with nothing in return will set this team back 5 years!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about losing him at all. We do have the money to sign him long term, his injury this year will scare teams off from offering him a max contract, we will probably offer him the captaincy, and what reason does he really have to leave?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not worried about losing him at all. We do have the money to sign him long term, his injury this year will scare teams off from offering him a max contract, we will probably offer him the captaincy, and what reason does he really have to leave?

Lol, no one's going to be scared from offering parise an offer sheet because of a torn meniscus. Brian Burke is probably already drooling at the prospect of an offer sheet.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. Although having a guy sit out a season with a knee injury has to raise red flags to the GMs with at least half a brain. The rest I don't think we have to worry about out GMing Lou. Bottom line, Parise will be here for the forseeable future.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah even if teams offer him a contract ball is still in the devils court to match it. on the slim brightside (if you can call it that) if they choose not to match the offer then they get 4 draft picks in return. thus we dont have to worry about a return of the gomez/niedermeyer drama!

also like nasty said what reason does he have to leave? he is the star on the team the fans love him. he isnt under a microscope like he would be in leaf nation.

beek is a smart man he has to be to make all that money (how smart does the kovalchuk move look now) so i'm sure he knows there will be a massive MASSIVE fan revolt if he doesnt keep him.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've said from the start.

the only way zach leaves is if he wants to leave. it IS that simple

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to add to the conversations, whoever is going to offer parise an offer sheet, is going to have to pony up 3 1st round picks, not many teams are willing to just throw those around.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and to add to the conversations, whoever is going to offer parise an offer sheet, is going to have to pony up 3 1st round picks, not many teams are willing to just throw those around.

Brian Burke gave up two first rounders on a team that was destined to be shit for Phil Kessel, a player everyone in the league knew wouldn't play defense, and already had a bout with cancer. Brian Burke scares me.

AND he wanted Parise to be Captain America until Parise publicly stated that it should be Langenbrunner.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Burke gave up two first rounders on a team that was destined to be shit for Phil Kessel, a player everyone in the league knew wouldn't play defense, and already had a bout with cancer. Brian Burke scares me.

AND he wanted Parise to be Captain America until Parise publicly stated that it should be Langenbrunner.

well i guess its good news then that burkie doesn't have 3 immediate 1st to give up then now isn't it :)

they have to have originated from that team and i believe boston has another from them this year.

not to mention i'm going to imagine that anything burkie give him will be matchable

all assumption of course

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're probably right. Although having a guy sit out a season with a knee injury has to raise red flags to the GMs with at least half a brain. The rest I don't think we have to worry about out GMing Lou. Bottom line, Parise will be here for the forseeable future.

haha well that isn't the bottom line as you don't know what's going on in Zach's head. Like rko said if he just wants to leave and move on, live somewhere else and feels like a time for change then money, injuries whatever isn't going to stop that.

I just can't disregard the fact that he might leave, i mean i know i wouldn't hold anything against him if he left, he's been great for us and if wants to start somewhere new i'd wish him luck.

Obviously whilst saying all of that i want him to stay completely but no one but he can guarantee that, and in my personal opinion, it's going to have nothing to do with who's offering him better money, he'll be getting a shitload wherever he is so he needn't worry about that frankly.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well i guess its good news then that burkie doesn't have 3 immediate 1st to give up then now isn't it :)

they have to have originated from that team and i believe boston has another from them this year.

not to mention i'm going to imagine that anything burkie give him will be matchable

all assumption of course

Doesn't he have 3 first rounders? I think if you sign an offer sheet it's the pick the picks start the following year..

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, I especially don't like the fact that he was at Langenbrunners house when he was traded. Zach obviously looked up to Jamie..

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes burke did make that move for kessel do you think leaf nation would let him do it again? after seeing boston get 2 lotto picks?

if parise really did look up to langs thats one thing. if he still looks up to him after all the shit that went on and how the team turned it around after he left? thats another thing

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes burke did make that move for kessel do you think leaf nation would let him do it again? after seeing boston get 2 lotto picks?

if parise really did look up to langs thats one thing. if he still looks up to him after all the shit that went on and how the team turned it around after he left? thats another thing

If I were a maple leaf fan I'd give up 3 first rounders for Parise ignoring everything else that happened. Giving up three more after the 2 for Kessel would be tough though.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
in a way if a team offers zach a contract this summer it could be a good thing. because the other option that would be most likely is him getting a 1 year deal. this way the devils would have no choice but to match a LONG term offer another team makes.

i dont think any team will do that though