• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Miller's deal is on the table.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say after winning 5 straight AFC West titles, two Lamar Hunt trophies, and the Golden Lombardi, that Elway knows what he's doing. Last thing he needs to do is hamstring Denver's salary cap just for one player. Von should get well compensated, but not at the expense of the team. I just hope he doesn't fall off the radar after getting his payday like a lot of other players have done in the past.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like from paying attention to the NFL (not in all cases) but if often seems like when the team who drafted you pays a star player that player continues to have a great career.

It is the players who get paid by not so great franchises that fall off the map after cashing in (not all cases) but seems to happen more often then when a team who believed in you drafts you and pays you.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like from paying attention to the NFL (not in all cases) but if often seems like when the team who drafted you pays a star player that player continues to have a great career.

It is the players who get paid by not so great franchises that fall off the map after cashing in (not all cases) but seems to happen more often then when a team who believed in you drafts you and pays you.

Good point. Usually if you are considered a top player at your position yet your team still lets you walk there is something they have noticed about that player that makes them not want to commit such long-term and guaranteed money to that player. Really look at all the players that Elway has let walk away from the Broncos as most of them have gone on after getting the huge money and just not doing much at their new teams. Although I will say I do think Malik and Trevathan will continue to have decent to good careers from the group that left this year. I don't think Malik will ever live up to his contract but that doesn't mean he won't produce for the Jaguars.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Usually if you are considered a top player at your position yet your team still lets you walk there is something they have noticed about that player that makes them not want to commit such long-term and guaranteed money to that player. Really look at all the players that Elway has let walk away from the Broncos as most of them have gone on after getting the huge money and just not doing much at their new teams. Although I will say I do think Malik and Trevathan will continue to have decent to good careers from the group that left this year. I don't think Malik will ever live up to his contract but that doesn't mean he won't produce for the Jaguars.

Albert Haynesworth a prime example of this.

Was a decent young player for the Titans, exploded his contract year. Titans offered him nowhere near what the Redskins offered him, let him walk and the rest is history. (Just one example)

When you did it from the first day you stepped foot on an NFL field, had a hiccup (drug suspension) and rebounded nicely from that two years removed it is much more comfortable paying you.

I mean how many players can you name that played at a pro bowl level that got their first big contract from their current team and then quit on their team after that? I can name a lot more that switched teams then stayed with their current team that flopped after that first big contract.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller today told Chelsey Handler that he will not sit out if a contract is not done by the time the July 15th deadline rolls around. Not sure why players are breaking news like that to Chelsey Handler but hey nice to know he won't sit out.

Also Vic Lombardi just said on the radio that inside the Broncos organization they are very very confident a deal will get done. They are not worried at all about it getting done.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller today told Chelsey Handler that he will not sit out if a contract is not done by the time the July 15th deadline rolls around. Not sure why players are breaking news like that to Chelsey Handler but hey nice to know he won't sit out.

Also Vic Lombardi just said on the radio that inside the Broncos organization they are very very confident a deal will get done. They are not worried at all about it getting done.

Von probably slept with her.

I know a Bears player (no longer in the NFL) who Chelsey called out on her show about having sex with him. (without mentioning his name on the show). She seems to like to sleep with NFL players and talk about it.

And yes, she is not that good of looking.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von probably slept with her.

I know a Bears player (no longer in the NFL) who Chelsey called out on her show about having sex with him.... She seems to like to sleep with NFL players and talk about it.

And yes, she is not that good of looking.

I hope he didn't. I can't stand her show. I'll be honest I have only watched about 2 minutes of one of her shows but that was plenty.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I haven't watched much of her. Have a friend who loves her so I have to hear about her all the time.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say after winning 5 straight AFC West titles, two Lamar Hunt trophies, and the Golden Lombardi, that Elway knows what he's doing. Last thing he needs to do is hamstring Denver's salary cap just for one player. Von should get well compensated, but not at the expense of the team. I just hope he doesn't fall off the radar after getting his payday like a lot of other players have done in the past.

I think your saying he needs to keep farting out sacks

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through this thread again. I am not real sure that Fletcher Cox contract is going to have much barring on Von's deal.

Cox has a career 22 sacks, 1 pro bowl. Von has a career 60 sacks (Not counting post-season and basically missing an entire year with the suspension/injury year, coming off a dominating post-season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordway, Merloni and Fauria of WEEI Boston were all supporting Von Miller today. They're point was simple......Von Miller was MVP of the team that won the Super Bowl and certainly deserves a payday comparable to Fletcher Cox who has pretty much done nothing. I even sat in the driveway for five minutes to hear them out.

Hopefully, Elway can get him on board.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with Big Ken here. Von brings an aspect to this D that is not only unique but irreplaceable. He's had a few hiccups in his time here but has always turned it around and been a better player because of it. He is hands down our best player, period. Scary thing is, I think he can get better. Pay the dude, no need to get cute

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with Big Ken here. Von brings an aspect to this D that is not only unique but irreplaceable. He's had a few hiccups in his time here but has always turned it around and been a better player because of it. He is hands down our best player, period. Scary thing is, I think he can get better. Pay the dude, no need to get cute

Add in the amount of attention he gets from other teams freeing up opportunities for other players and QB hurries..

I mean you have to be smart about what you pay any player (See Albert Pujols) but man... If I ever was ok with opening the bank for every penny outside a QB like Elway, Von Miller is the guy!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the question - are the Broncos paying for the past or are they paying for the future?

This deal is going to get done - but the biggest deal between two competitive people - can't be resolved until the last minute. The solution is obviously a 50% guarantee on year three pay.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordway, Merloni and Fauria of WEEI Boston were all supporting Von Miller today. They're point was simple......Von Miller was MVP of the team that won the Super Bowl and certainly deserves a payday comparable to Fletcher Cox who has pretty much done nothing. I even sat in the driveway for five minutes to hear them out.

Hopefully, Elway can get him on board.
Weird that Brady isn't paid like a SB MVP. ;)