• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Miller's deal is on the table.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because he's already had his big contract, and is now just trying to pad his legacy before the wheels fall off.
Or that his wife make $35MM so he is the stay at home dad

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or could be that he could actually be a good guy and is unselfish.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or that his wife make $35MM so he is the stay at home dad

You really need to do your homework. Giselle is worth more than $5B. Her and Tom own Uggs, She has a multi-billion dollar world wide cosmetic business, she also the agent for 15 of the world's top fashion models. In 2015 she was making more in a day than the average American makes in a year. The funniest thing is.......she adores the ground that he walks on and he's the same about her.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this morning that Miller tweeted yesterday, If Elway puts the Franchise Tag on him, he will sit out the season. Quote..."I will not play under the Franchise tag, I will sit out the season". I tried to find the tweet but I'm not real good at that stuff.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to do your homework. Giselle is worth more than $5B. Her and Tom own Uggs, She has a multi-billion dollar world wide cosmetic business, she also the agent for 15 of the world's top fashion models. In 2015 she was making more in a day than the average American makes in a year. The funniest thing is.......she adores the ground that he walks on and he's the same about her.

Brady definitely has a unique situation compared to most players. Most NFL players do not have a wife that makes billions of dollars herself. I mean Brady could be working for a $1 and it wouldn't hardly put a dent in that family. Still in this day and age when most go after every dollar possible even though they have enough to spend in 100 lifetimes good to see a guy that puts team first contract wise. I mean Wolfe and Harris for the Broncos have endeared themselves to us as fans because they took the hometown discount when they could have demanded much much more.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this morning that Miller tweeted yesterday, If Elway puts the Franchise Tag on him, he will sit out the season. Quote..."I will not play under the Franchise tag, I will sit out the season". I tried to find the tweet but I'm not real good at that stuff.

It was actually Instagram that he did it on. And actually not sure it was him that put it up. Pretty much that was damage control for the day before where he told Chelsea Handler that he would not sit out this upcoming season. When negotiating the Franchise Tag sitting out for the entire season is the best trump card a player has in negotiations so Miller announcing he wouldn't sit out for the year in an interview was not exactly what his agent wanted to hear. So like I said some damage control was done the next day to make sure the world knew that the Trump Card of sitting out for the year was not off the table.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady definitely has a unique situation compared to most players. Most NFL players do not have a wife that makes billions of dollars herself. I mean Brady could be working for a $1 and it wouldn't hardly put a dent in that family. Still in this day and age when most go after every dollar possible even though they have enough to spend in 100 lifetimes good to see a guy that puts team first contract wise. I mean Wolfe and Harris for the Broncos have endeared themselves to us as fans because they took the hometown discount when they could have demanded much much more.

I think it's more that some people who have 'much' are more inclined to 'give back'. Your point is well taken.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Just a note on Brady. He took a team friendly deal after his rookie contract. This was before Gisele. So, not just due to his wealthy lady.

It is cool when players don't try to break the bank. When they take a few bucks less because they get that other players need get paid too and success comes from team and not ME.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do you feel about giving Von 70-75 G money.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do you feel about giving Von 70-75 G money.

I guess it depends on what kind of guaranteed money it actually is. I mean if we are talking day 1 fully guaranteed will get it no matter what kind of thing then to me that is too high. Most of the top QB's in the NFL are not even getting that so to give it to Von just seems unreasonable. I can be ok with them matching what the Dolphins gave Suh. If Von was still in the drug program I would feel differently about that but with him being out I am ok with us fully guaranteeing the first 3 years of the deal. Other than his ACL injury he has been very healthy and obviously very productive. Throw in drafting Lynch really does help with such a contract being on the books.

I did hear that Von when he finished with his vacation to Mexico flew back to Denver. Don't want to read too much into that but I am hoping that it is for the next round of negotiations. Von though does need to shut up about the negotiations. Not really helping his cause when he opens his mouth and begins to somewhat badmouth the Broncos. Contract negotiations are never pretty. People have to remember that things that are said never fully go away. I remember having a friend that had a girl want to take a break from dating. Well he was ticked the next day and went and badmouthed her. The girl was planning on getting back together in a week but after hearing him speak that way about her obviously that didn't happen. So sometimes better just to keep your mouth shut and let things play out.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on what kind of guaranteed money it actually is. I mean if we are talking day 1 fully guaranteed will get it no matter what kind of thing then to me that is too high. Most of the top QB's in the NFL are not even getting that so to give it to Von just seems unreasonable. I can be ok with them matching what the Dolphins gave Suh. If Von was still in the drug program I would feel differently about that but with him being out I am ok with us fully guaranteeing the first 3 years of the deal. Other than his ACL injury he has been very healthy and obviously very productive. Throw in drafting Lynch really does help with such a contract being on the books.

I did hear that Von when he finished with his vacation to Mexico flew back to Denver. Don't want to read too much into that but I am hoping that it is for the next round of negotiations. Von though does need to shut up about the negotiations. Not really helping his cause when he opens his mouth and begins to somewhat badmouth the Broncos. Contract negotiations are never pretty. People have to remember that things that are said never fully go away. I remember having a friend that had a girl want to take a break from dating. Well he was ticked the next day and went and badmouthed her. The girl was planning on getting back together in a week but after hearing him speak that way about her obviously that didn't happen. So sometimes better just to keep your mouth shut and let things play out.

I agree I wish panic mode with alot of fans would start July 15th not now. I was just curious on fans thought on the G. money part. I trust John he'll do best thing for Broncos. We'll see what happens

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I wish panic mode with alot of fans would start July 15th not now. I was just curious on fans thought on the G. money part. I trust John he'll do best thing for Broncos. We'll see what happens

Von has done a great job of building up trust since his suspension in 2013. He has been a great leader, performer, and just all around good person for this organization and community. So I really have no issue giving him 3 years guaranteed at all. I understand why Elway is delaying bumping it up to that as he doesn't have to but to me might as well make our best player happy and get him back to leading our locker room.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hosted a kids event in Denver yesterday the primary reason for coming back to Denver after his vaca