• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so marty

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It just isnt his team anymore. Not saying moose is the answer long term but he clearly has been the better goalie this season. If Marty was In net satrday i domt think they win that game. Main reason im writing this I'm 100% sure he retires after this year.

Also moose makes huge saves Saturday night huge when the d let's him down. Situation reversed with Marty and everyone wouldnt blame him for those goals just the defense...never understood why he seems to always get a pass.

He's paid to be there to clean up a mess if the d creates one

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Teams play better with the backup in net

2) I dont recall seeing anyone blame goals on Moose, if anything he bails the team out. I dont care whos in net, the goalie isnt gonna bail the team out EVERY TIME.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even though moose is a "backup" in the word....he really isn't a typical backup who was say a able journyman or some rookie.

It just seems to me that if Marty gave up that goal in overtime when that cap was wide open in the slot all I would've heard is the defense has to do a better job that's not on marty. when in fact it was a very savable shot. For the record I do not thknk Marty grabs it

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always back Brodeur no matter what.... is he in decline? yes, but definitely a result from going above and beyond for his entire career. His longevity was bound to decline.

Moose has fresher legs than Marty and to my understanding not as injured as Marty. Maybe MB is still hurting from last year?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even though moose is a "backup" in the word....he really isn't a typical backup who was say a able journyman or some rookie.

It just seems to me that if Marty gave up that goal in overtime when that cap was wide open in the slot all I would've heard is the defense has to do a better job that's not on marty. when in fact it was a very savable shot. For the record I do not thknk Marty grabs it

Funny you say that, because Marty makes this save, 80% of the time.

Troy Brouwer GOAL on Johan Hedberg - Game Video - NHL Video Highlights - Nov 12 '11 - NHL VideoCenter

Furthermore, Marty has also said several times that he would like to return next season, but alas, this isn't a fact based conversation, it's the NJCUP incendiary post of the day that 98% of the forum doesn't agree with.

Also, how would you describe this as not Marty's team? Because he hasn't started more games than Moose? How many starts has Moose had when Marty's been healthy? Marty has been healthy for 9 games this season. He's started 6. Of those three, 2 have been as part of a back to back set. Debeor just said yesterday that's his plan. To have them split.

Furthermore, did you think Marty played poorly in his game against the Caps?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Of course the d should have done a better job! What are you even trying to say. Everyone here 100% believes the d should have done a better job. That wasn't a "very savable" shot and Moose completely bailed the d out.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel this is an appropriate response to a lot of these threads lately:

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MOOSE'S TEAM!!!!!!!! GOD KNOWS THAT MARTY INDIRECTLY PUTS THE PUCK INTO OUR OWN NET AT LEAST 50 X AS MUCH AS MOOSE!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
see the thing is if marty is in goal and gives up that goal in the video...the immedate response is cant blame marty defense turned it over. time and time and time again i hear that. hes back there for a reason ya know? to keep the puck out...he isnt going to go 60mins without facing a shot.

your right its only IMO but i really dont believe marty is going to be back next year just have a feeling he is going to retire.

i dont believe this is martys team anymore because it seems to be moose making the big saves at the big times to keep the devils in games and win the games. if your going to pin the struggles he had this year so far on his injury well part of being your team is you have to stay healthy.

just first time in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time i would rather have the backup in net instead of marty.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
see the thing is if marty is in goal and gives up that goal in the video...the immedate response is cant blame marty defense turned it over. time and time and time again i hear that. hes back there for a reason ya know? to keep the puck out...he isnt going to go 60mins without facing a shot.

your right its only IMO but i really dont believe marty is going to be back next year just have a feeling he is going to retire.

i dont believe this is martys team anymore because it seems to be moose making the big saves at the big times to keep the devils in games and win the games. if your going to pin the struggles he had this year so far on his injury well part of being your team is you have to stay healthy.

just first time in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time i would rather have the backup in net instead of marty.

Marty makes that save 80% of the time. In fact, he prevents the shot from even occurring because he's going to poke it away.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big saves my ass. He was insanely lucky on at least three instances in the third and has now given up a bad rebound and let the 4th one flutter by him, but as you said, because it's moose we aren't allowed to blame the d, right? Just when marty's in net.

This is going to be a really, really upsetting game if we lose by a goal after that first one against.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah it was a bad goal....but he did make about 5 amazing saves to keep the game close.

sorry dude this isnt martys team anymore

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah it was a bad goal....but he did make about 5 amazing saves to keep the game close.

sorry dude this isnt martys team anymore

In your opinion it isn't, and regarding those 5 big saves, one he totally had no clue where it was and Volch bailed him out, another one the post saved him he was beat clean.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is plenty for fans of both teams to be upset with tonight. Defenses were horrid. But what a third period. Great game guys! Wish I took Clark up on the avy bet now.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is plenty for fans of both teams to be upset with tonight. Defenses were horrid. But what a third period. Great game guys! Wish I took Clark up on the avy bet now.

You guys won, so there's a whole lot less to be upset with. That first goal Moose handed you, was so infuriating.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could have easily gone either way and could have been one of those 9-8 games. So many chances. Hedburg robbed Horton BAD a couple times. He had some great saves, but also some very bad rebounds. It looks like he can't move lateral all that well. Just throwing out my .02 for tonights game, dont take this as shit talking. Devils really had trouble getting the puck out of their zone as well tonight.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont get it? my opinion it isnt?

lets see there was the glove save off the redirect there was the 2on1 he stopped then the one he was "bailed out on" he stopped it....that was in the final 5 mins of the game....i'm going to pull a marty and say that last goal wasnt all on him...guy whiffed on the shot little flutter knunckle puck shot meh....1st goal was 100% on him not the last though.