• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so its jan 2nd

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And no deal announced now im not someone that was expecting a deal announced at 12:01 sunday. But what I did not expect was the story I read in the lesher I believe where Parise said there hasnt been nor is there any planned negotiations scheduled.

Now yes we know lou keeps things secret and maybe they are talking....nope I doubt that if anything im sure Lou would love nothing more to just say to fans they are talking.

I'm still in the group that says if he isn't signed come deadline you have to move him. The haul for him will go a long way for the teams future

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are talking for sure but nobodys gonna say anything... Zach should be signing a contract soon (I hope)

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If he isn't Signed the day before the deadline?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Until ownership is clearer, you won't see him resigned.

You won't get anything back that will equal what we will lose, so we might as well keep him and try to win a cup. You certainly won't get anything back that would help us this year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes and no. Obviously the longer you wait the less of a return you will get. On the flip side any team that would land him instantly becomes the cup favorite imo. You should realistically get a 1st 2nd and a top prospect and possibly a roster player.

Nieds rafalski gomez this team is finally recovering from their leaving with no return doing the same with a player like Zach will be even more devastating imo

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes and no. Obviously the longer you wait the less of a return you will get. On the flip side any team that would land him instantly becomes the cup favorite imo. You should realistically get a 1st 2nd and a top prospect and possibly a roster player.

Nieds rafalski gomez this team is finally recovering from their leaving with no return doing the same with a player like Zach will be even more devastating imo

I would assume he would land something similar to Kovy's trade. If we're in the playoffs, you can't move him.

I've given up trying to figure out what Lou's plans are long ago.

As I said above, I wouldn't expect anything until we start hearing about ownership's resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of god stop sticking Gomez in with the other two. Gomez is garbage

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rafalski can be taken out of that list as well.

Lou's only lost two players that he really tried hard to keep on the team. One of those players was signed to the worst contract in NHL history and the Devs still won a cup afterwards.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Say what you want about them but on this team gomez and rafalski did their job and were solid. Were they worth the money they got? No they weren't but it still doesnt mean they weren't valuable to the team. To replace gomez they got zubrus who just this year is living up to that contract. On this team gomez was the top center and now we are finally filling that void imo.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Say what you want about them but on this team gomez and rafalski did their job and were solid. Were they worth the money they got? No they weren't but it still doesnt mean they weren't valuable to the team. To replace gomez they got zubrus who just this year is living up to that contract. On this team gomez was the top center and now we are finally filling that void imo.

I agree, whatever happened to them after they left or their inflated contracts, they were key assets on this team. I always thought Raffi leaving despite the terrible series he had before he departed was irreplaceable. Much more than Gomez.

At the same time, I also feel that the way the system is built, no team can keep everyone.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is that this will get clearer until 1. Were no longer a bubble team and 2. The ownership picture is more clear.

If Marty comes back next year it better be on the cheap, and that's not based on performance at all, its just were gonna need that green elsewhere

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also say we falter badly.
At that point I don't really believe that zach would resign here anyway I'm a firm believer that winning is going to be very important to his new contract.

So say we stumble out of playoff spots, personally, as painful as it is...yeah, I trade him. You're going to lose him either way sodont cripple the organization for a few extra games of him.
But that's all obviously a 'what if' situation. If were in any kind of a playoff spot he stays put regardless of whether it looks like hell stay or not

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ownership and playoff issues won't be decided before the deadline.

So with that much pretty clear. No new deal....trade him

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He says in the article it has no bearing on years past but mainly the signs the team shows this year.

That said I can say, in bountiful arrogance, i told you all so. Winning is the key

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pick any of the 16 playoff teams that make it this year. I would say 12 have an actual legit shot of winning a cup. Add in Parise to any of those 14 and they become favorites. Meaning teams arent head and shoulders above other teams. It would also be in parises best interest to not cripple his future team via trade. Example wings trade datz for Parise. Wings break even on the deal. Now if he waits and signs with them then they are a lot better.

My prediction he isn't moved and he walks July 1st

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet (ownership aside) has always been its not about money, and will be about the winning. And that with this young team we have now if we don't make the playiffs he's gone, if we make it and lose in the 1st round chances are he bounces, win a round and we have a good chance he stays, win more than one? He's in the bag

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fire & Ice

This right here tells us everything we need to know, unless you think Zach's lying.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
come on dude really that quote from his dad says it all....what do you think is more likely? that his dad said something told in confidence? or he just makes it up and says something totally not true?

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
come on dude really that quote from his dad says it all....what do you think is more likely? that his dad said something told in confidence? or he just makes it up and says something totally not true?

I know i must admit, the quote from his Dad to me really says it all. I don't see him staying personally.