• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burrow on pace..

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow is currently on pace to throw for 4,480 yards, 24 TD's and 8 INT's.

I think Burrow can do better than that in TD's because he is going to be forced to throw a lot with this defense, and depending on how well the line plays each week, I could see those INT's possibly going up. However, of his 2 INT's, only 1 was his fault, the other should have been a TD pass changing that TD/INT ratio to 7 to 1, making the expected stats look like:

28 TD's / 4 INT's

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand we have not played Baltimore yet, or Pittsburgh, and what Cleveland did to us in game 1, not real excited about second match up. It is possible Pittsburgh and Baltimore eats Joe's lunch twice, especially with our Oline and its protection issues.

But seeing this kind of projection even at this early stage as I think he becomes more and more comfortable as time goes on, is a good sign of things to come. Burrow is the real deal, he is humble yet confident. He is a true leader and a guy his teammates go and fight for. I just hope that inspiration leads the oline to want to strive to improve, not just for pride or monetary gain, but because they feel like their job is like secret service and he is their president. They would take a bullet for him and do what it takes to protect and serve him. I am hoping Sunday, while against a lesser defense was the start of things to come even against crazy scary defenses for us like Baltimore.

I also believe that AJ Green is done. He is awesome, I love how he handles himself, but he cannot get separation anymore. Still a good ball catcher, but everything is so tightly contested because he has no speed anymore, I believe he is a non-factor in this offense. Boyd, Higgins and Tate should be our top 3 next year.

As bad as our oline is, and our defense, I can see us letting AJ Green go in the off season, letting Ross walk and trying to nab a guy like LSU WR Ja'Marr Chase with our first pick depending on draft slot. There are a lot of teams worse than us right now. Right now, we have a better record than 12 other teams in the league at 1-2-1. Obviously tied with the Eagles at 1-2-1. So we are far from the Ja'Marr Chase sweepstakes right now, and you don't know how teams will go, but you know Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields will be two top 10 picks.

Use the money saved on Green and Ross to put towards offensive line help, and draft the hell our of defense from 2nd round on. I think the best defensive add would be getting a real defensive coordinator. I would attempt to go after a defensive genius like: Brent Veneables and throw the house at him cash wise. Either that, or if Mike Zimmer becomes available again and has no head coaching offers from other teams. I think if Zimmer got to concentrate solely on defensive coaching, he would be a huge success again.

Last edited:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing some good defenses will slow down the overall pace. he might still put up rookie of the year numbers though.

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses are going to start to get more aggressive and creative with him, because he's shown he can eat up soft zones. Still, heck of a start.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only weakness I’ve seen from Burrow thus far is a lack of accuracy on the deep ball. I’d attribute this partially to lack of chemistry with the WRs due to limited practice time. Also the fact that AJ Green can’t get open anymore. But the deep passing game hasn’t been there. Got to start getting some chunk plays to back defenses off. Otherwise teams are gonna start moving LBs and Safeties around and clog up zones. Burrow is a timing and rhythm thrower. Curious to see how he’ll handle that.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'm ready to criticize Burrow for the deep-ball problem. It's pretty clear that his three best receivers are Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, and Auden Tate. All of them are terrific receivers that were not first round material because they are not deep threats. There aren't any reliable deep threats on the current roster - AJ is non longer AJ and Ross is not good.