• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how did Seattle not fall off?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were supposed to have a bad season because of losing Sherman, Graham, and having no serious running game. How are they even in this at this point?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anigif_enhanced-buzz-15738-1388771121-12.gif

chewing gum. lots, and lots, of chewing gum.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young guys stepping up on D
O-line looking better than the last couple of dreadful seasons
RBs actually healthy

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that the Seahawks are winning because of Shaquem Griffin. He has a hand in their success.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-30-at-1.15.08-PM.png

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've beat the Packers, Lions, Raiders, Cardinals and Cowboys.

Those are teams that aren't good.

Yeah, they shouldn't have to apologize for the schedule that they've played, but they haven't really beaten anyone significant.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Tom Cable had a HUGE impact.

I've had multiple people here tell me he wasn't really holding them back. I provided them with a shit ton of stats proving my point. These were, of course, ignored. Fuck you to all you fucking idiots. I was right, suck my dick.

Beyond Cable, Shotty has been way better than I expected. Didn't think much about that hire but I can't complain with the results.

Also, Kris Richard. Great position coach, bad D-Coordinator.

And who made those moves to change coordinators and shit? Pete and John.

Seattle hasn't been anything spectacular this season, but I fucking love what I'm seeing in what was supposed to be a huge rebuilding effort.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well R.Wilson is their QB. So when it is time for them to rely on a last moment drive. They have a good chance of succeeding.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they shouldn't have to apologize for the schedule that they've played, but they haven't really beaten anyone significant.
No apology needed.

Hard to be impressed with their group of wins though. They would've been bad losses to take. And any one of the Five going the other way and nobody is seeming impressed with what Pete has done.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks actually lost five pro bowl caliber players on defense (Chancellor and Avril to career-ending injuries, Sherman and Bennett because they became locker room cancers, and Earl Thomas to a broken leg this year). So yeah, even the most optimistic Hawk fans had no real idea how competitive the team might be this year.

But Carroll is a damn good coach and always has his teams gritty and highly motivated. And Wilson is a solid, dangerous, and often a clutch QB. So there was some hope there.

The Seahawks haven't beaten any truly good teams yet this season. On the other hand, they only lost by 2 and 5 points to the Rams, and by 8 I think to the Chargers. They've been competitive enough against truly good teams this year to have the chance to win those games late in the 4th quarter. They weren't quite good enough, which makes them one of the NFC playoff wannabes along with many other teams.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOSE Speaker System

*Multiple Bose Speaker Systems

Seriously, the rest of the league needs to get into cheating like the Seahawks do at home. Pump in the crowd noise and pay the refs. It's not hard. Do you other guys not want to win or something?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've beat the Packers, Lions, Raiders, Cardinals and Cowboys.

Those are teams that aren't good.

They haven't lost a game by more than a TD and 4 of their 5 are to the Rams, Chargers, and Bears. That's 2 to a one loss team, 1 to a 2 loss team, and the last to the 1st place team in the north.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks actually lost five pro bowl caliber players on defense (Chancellor and Avril to career-ending injuries, Sherman and Bennett because they became locker room cancers, and Earl Thomas to a broken leg this year). So yeah, even the most optimistic Hawk fans had no real idea how competitive the team might be this year.

But Carroll is a damn good coach and always has his teams gritty and highly motivated. And Wilson is a solid, dangerous, and often a clutch QB. So there was some hope there.

The Seahawks haven't beaten any truly good teams yet this season. On the other hand, they only lost by 2 and 5 points to the Rams, and by 8 I think to the Chargers. They've been competitive enough against truly good teams this year to have the chance to win those games late in the 4th quarter. They weren't quite good enough, which makes them one of the NFC playoff wannabes along with many other teams.
And a better Seahawk team next season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were supposed to have a bad season because of losing Sherman, Graham, and having no serious running game. How are they even in this at this point?

It's pretty impressive what Pete has done considering the high turnover in personnel ... New O-line coach, new D coordinator, New O coordinator... Lost Sherm, Avril, Kam, Earl, Bennett, It's probably his best coaching job honestly, even though were only 5-5.. But even when we lose were competitive, which is a great sign .. Still on the fence whether we make the playoffs, next weeks game will be a BIG determination of that...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is a phenomenal superstar who is the best young QB in football!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is a phenomenal superstar who is the best young QB in football!
Yea I mean he didnt put up big hollow numbers but he was great when it mattered

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't lost a game by more than a TD and 4 of their 5 are to the Rams, Chargers, and Bears. That's 2 to a one loss team, 1 to a 2 loss team, and the last to the 1st place team in the north.
The question was how did they not fall off.

We didn't used to talk about Seattle being competitive as moral victories. They've fallen off. They'll be .500, SF and AZ will get them there. And I think the better team won tonight. But I think this was two great QBs on teams that aren't of a championship level. And your teams have been on that higher level for a long time.

If this is bottoming out, it's a real testament to the strength of the organization as a whole. Cuz this isn't that bad. But it isn't what it was.

Playoffs could happen still. That would be impressive.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question was how did they not fall off.

We didn't used to talk about Seattle being competitive as moral victories. They've fallen off. They'll be .500, SF and AZ will get them there. And I think the better team won tonight. But I think this was two great QBs on teams that aren't of a championship level. And your teams have been on that higher level for a long time.

If this is bottoming out, it's a real testament to the strength of the organization as a whole. Cuz this isn't that bad. But it isn't what it was.

Playoffs could happen still. That would be impressive.

I agree. I think they HAVE fallen off. They've got a good QB so they can beat poor teams but then they're typically going to lose to good teams. That seems to be what is happening

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has fallen a bit - just not NEAR what everyone expected. I think I called Seattle a .500 team this year (and that was with a healthy Garappolo).

Reasoning:
  • Wilson can still keep them in games
  • I considered the OL improved with Fluker/Brown and Cable gone.
  • Jimmy Graham was never utilized properly anyway, so whatever.
  • Still had Bobby Wagner/ET (least we thought) and Seattle spent a lot of draft capital on secondary over the last few years, but everyone apparently forgot that and that Seattle has one of the best secondary HCs in NFL history.
  • McDougald played great last year and was on fire in preseason/TC.
To me the big issue was the DL, which has certainly been the key culprit to giving up points this year... but I think we all knew that. Not able to resign Richardson was a big blow.

ANYWAY, I saw tons of people predicting Seattle would be drafting top 5 with a 4-12 record and the 49ers would be some 10-6 WC team competing for the division. I'm not sure WHERE the fuck people were getting that... flip flop that even with Jimmy Garappolo and it's more realistic.