• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how are your rookie's looking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team (Bears) has some nice looking young guys that have been positively affecting games. My question is how are yours looking?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deatrich wise may be a find. bill is infatuated with arkansas Dlineman.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunt is doing alright from what I hear

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik McDowell DL - IR, dumbass got taken out by an ATV.
Ethan Pocic C - No action, somehow isn't starting on the worst O-line in the NFL despite being taken as a 2nd rounder. I guess him playing mostly Center when Seattle already has an above average Center might have something to do with it... :L
Shaq Griffin CB - Solid. Actually rated decently according to PFF (high average tier). Almost in top 10 rookie of the year list.
Delano Hill SS - Little action, but Seattle's secondary is deep so..
Nazair Jones DL - Pretty good actually. Been battling some injuries but he seems to get pressure. Also had that INT TD that was called back because of a bogus referee call on a Jeremy Lane penalty.
Amara Darboh WR - Little action
Chris Carson RB - Looked amazng (like Lynch) until he got a season ending injury. Was clearly on pace for ROY.

Rest of the guys were all later picks or haven't done anything/made team.

Looks to me like potential hits so far on: Griffin, Carson (pending injury recovery) and Jones. Rest either haven't played or are pedestrian.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kareem Hunt is the favorite to win ROTY right now. The guys picked ahead of them in Kpassagnon and Mahomes sure seem like they test off the charts in terms of potential, but we haven't seen snaps from them yet. We could see Kpassagnon and a guy I liked in Eligwe in not too long if Bailey and DJ keep looking long in the tooth, however. Jehu Chesson I can't say I like, but he can play special teams I guess. I don't really want him on the field over any of Hill, Robinson, or Wilson. Can the 4 WR set if need be.

Mahomes looked pretty solid in preseason, and could start today if that is what we were basing things off of; and not do too bad at that in this offense. The one and only thing preventing him from seeing the field is Alex Smith's play atm. It was a very "look a year ahead" kind of draft outside of Hunt, and so far that has been the case.

1) Mahomes QB
2) Kpassagnon (OLB/DE)
3) Hunt RB
4) Chesson WR
5) Eligwe W-ILB
6) McQuay S

I have hopes for Mahomes, Kpassagnon, and Eligwe.

Hunt is obviously pretty good.

McQuay and Chesson look rosterable, but as ST'ers only.

No undrafted guys making an impact this year.

Last edited:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team (Bears) has some nice looking young guys that have been positively affecting games. My question is how are yours looking?

Jamal Adams looks like a beast. Great pick and a great kid.

Marcus Maye has been really good as well. The Jets may have their safeties for the next 7 or 8 years with these two.

The receivers (Hansen and Stewart) have sucked.

Elijah McGuire looks solid, especially for a 6th round pick. Did very well with Forte and Powell out but didn't get many carries this week with both of them back.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty impressed with Aaron Jones and Kevin King so far

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a very "look a year ahead" kind of draft outside of Hunt, and so far that has been the case.

1) Mahomes QB
2) Kpassagnon (OLB/DE)
3) Hunt RB
4) Chesson WR
5) Eligwe W-ILB
6) McQuay S

I have hopes for Mahomes, Kpassagnon, and Eligwe.

Hunt is obviously pretty good.

McQuay and Chesson look rosterable, but as ST'ers only.

No undrafted guys making an impact this year.
Solid solid draft. The future 4 sure looks better.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tre White - doesn't look out of place at #1 CB. Gets burned occasionally, but makes many more good plays than bad.
2. Zay Jones - apparently having problems adjusting to the NFL game. Very limited contribution so far.
2. Dion Dawkins - has looked fine at LT when asked to fill in.
5. Matt Milano - contributed on ST before assuming a starting role due to injury. Made a few big plays already.
5. Nathan Peterman - looked good at times in preseason vs. backups. Not ready yet to compete for a starting job.
6. Tanner Vellejo - hasn't really had a chance to contribute yet.

Overall, more ups than downs.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there are a lot to go over for Cleveland:

First Round
Myles Garret DL
- injured to start the season, but appears to be the real deal now that he's healthy. 4 sacks so far in only 3 games played.
Jabril Peppers S - has started all but the last game at Safety and returned kicks. Nothing note worthy as of yet. Missed last game due to injury.
David Njoku TE - 3 td receptions, leads the team so far. Needs to bulk up to help in run blocking formations

Second Round
DeShone Kizer QB
- promising training camp and preseason, but has been terrible so far in the regular season...so much so that Hue has benched him multiple times already. Browns will likely be drafting another QB in 2018 with an early pick.

Third Round
No Pick

Fourth Round
Howard Wilson CB
- fractured kneecap in training camp. PUP all season

Fifth Round
Rod Johnson OT
- MCL sprain in camp. Been on IR all season

Sixth Round
Caleb Brantley DT
- played in 4 games so far, has 1 sack and 6 tackles. Contributing depth chart player

Seventh Round
Zane Gonzalez K
- starting kicker, has been up and down with some bad misses vs NYJ and some big makes including a 54 yard game tying kick vs Ten. Perfect on extra points.

Matt Dayes RB - primarily a special teams player, has had a handful of carries.

Aside from Kizer and some injuries, the rookies have been contributing well to the team. No draft is perfect. So far, Garrett and Njoku are definitely the best of the class with Kizer being the most disappointing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garett Bolles has looked pretty good for a rookie. Made a few mistakes along the way but looks like a keeper.
Only other rookie that has done much of anything is Isaiah McKenzie. He has been a dynamic punt returner but also muffed like 3-4 punts so far this year.
Walker looks like a bust in the 2nd round.
Henderson in the 3rd was one of my favorite picks but he is on IR for the year.
Brendan Langley is just sitting and waiting in the secondary
Jake Butt is expected back in the next week or two so hopefully he produces.
Henderson in the 6th hasn't gotten but a carry or two.
Chad Kelly still injured.

So not a great class but the one player they needed to hit on this year is a hit.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnett has been quiet but we are pretty set a DE all ready. He got his first sack last week.

Raul Douglas can ball but too slow to be a true #1. He might be a good #2 CB.