• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So guys.... Tell me again....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....how the rangers are the third best team in their division because they just lost too much talent and all the other teams in the division got soooooo much better, especially the angels..?? Go ahead, I'll wait. :dhd:

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nobody wants to own it? Yeah, didn't think so.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....how the rangers are the third best team in their division because they just lost too much talent and all the other teams in the division got soooooo much better, especially the angels..?? Go ahead, I'll wait. :dhd:

Well, they did lose a lot of talent. And, the other A.L West teams did get better in the offseason based on free agent signings.

And, I don't see how a PRE SEASON rank of them as 3rd in the division was that far off.

That the Rangers are tied of the best record in baseball is a testiment to their team, and their ability to fill the roster holes they had much better than most people predicted.

If you want to gloat over the Rangers pretty much over-performing, and the Angles way under-performing, that is your right. However, it is only early May, and many things can and will change in the next 4-5 months.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:......not much will change bigd

the only thing that will change is the angels might pass the mariners :dhd:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:......not much will change bigd

the only thing that will change is the angels might pass the mariners :dhd:

If that "might" hangs around for much longer, then I think Scioscia will be heading to the unemployment line.

Fair or not, once you assemble that type of roster, and if it does not perform up to expectations, then the manager usually pays for it with his job.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that "might" hangs around for much longer, then I think Scioscia will be heading to the unemployment line.

Fair or not, once you assemble that type of roster, and if it does not perform up to expectations, then the manager usually pays for it with his job.

Saw an article today that said that it would be optimal for him to go coach the Dodgers, and Moreno would allow it if he got a solid player in return.

Two questions about that were: 1) Why would LAD want him if he can't get anything out of top FA's, and 2) Why would LAD pay anything for a guy that appears to be fired soon?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did the Angels really get better? Adding Hamilton SHOULD have improved the offense (and like BigD said, we'll see in a couple of months if it does) but not addressing the pitching issue will be their downfall. Hell, even when they do get a good start out of one of their starters the guys in the pen just come in and fuck it up anyway. We should have resigned Greike instead.............with that said I was one of the many fans that were excited at all of the 10-7 and 9-6 games we would win this year but so far it's just the same old shit of the last couple of seasons.
Sam

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats pretty much what most of us ranger fans here said sam ^^..........romeo is calling out the more casual fans that said the rangers were screwed

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But did the Angels really get better? Adding Hamilton SHOULD have improved the offense (and like BigD said, we'll see in a couple of months if it does) but not addressing the pitching issue will be their downfall. Hell, even when they do get a good start out of one of their starters the guys in the pen just come in and fuck it up anyway. We should have resigned Greike instead.............with that said I was one of the many fans that were excited at all of the 10-7 and 9-6 games we would win this year but so far it's just the same old shit of the last couple of seasons.
Sam

That was my whole point. Hamilton was actually a downgrade over hunter. But nobody believed me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they did lose a lot of talent. And, the other A.L West teams did get better in the offseason based on free agent signings.

And, I don't see how a PRE SEASON rank of them as 3rd in the division was that far off.

That the Rangers are tied of the best record in baseball is a testiment to their team, and their ability to fill the roster holes they had much better than most people predicted.

If you want to gloat over the Rangers pretty much over-performing, and the Angles way under-performing, that is your right. However, it is only early May, and many things can and will change in the next 4-5 months.

Pretty sure the rangers and angels are both performing exactly the way I said they would. No sense in taking anything away from the rangers. They've done what they've done, and what they've done is swept an impressive Red Sox team that had the best record in the al and are now tied for the best record in the al. Not sure how you can say they're over performing.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my whole point. Hamilton was actually a downgrade over hunter. But nobody believed me.
Well, I believe you............everytime I see Hunter rope one up the middle this year it's pretty easy to believe...........lol. At least I had enough sense to draft him onto my fantasy team! Oh, shit, wait, I drafted Hamilton too...........fuck me running!
Sam

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article today that said that it would be optimal for him to go coach the Dodgers, and Moreno would allow it if he got a solid player in return.

Two questions about that were: 1) Why would LAD want him if he can't get anything out of top FA's, and 2) Why would LAD pay anything for a guy that appears to be fired soon?

Good points both. IMO, if you are going to pay extra for a manager, like this sitatuion sounds like, then said manager should be coming off a lot of success, and not off a recent failure. Otherwise, just wait until next year, and make a/the/your decision, without having to pay extra.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the rangers and angels are both performing exactly the way I said they would. No sense in taking anything away from the rangers. They've done what they've done, and what they've done is swept an impressive Red Sox team that had the best record in the al and are now tied for the best record in the al. Not sure how you can say they're over performing.

As for the first part, good for you. Seriously. You must have made an early and bold call, and, so far, you are correct. For the 2nd part, I thought I was giving the Rangers credit? To say someone is over-performing is to say that they are doing well, and better than expected. You must know that you were in the minority opinion when you said the Rangers would out-do the Angels before this season, correct? I think if someone were to round up "the usual suspects" of the main baseball talking heads out there, I would feel pretty confident that most had the Angels as the better team.

That you are so far right now and many so called experts are so far very wrong now makes you good, lucky, psychic, or some kind of combo of all 3.

So, keep up the good work, and keep enjoying the Rangers wild ride.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the first part, good for you. Seriously. You must have made an early and bold call, and, so far, you are correct. For the 2nd part, I thought I was giving the Rangers credit? To say someone is over-performing is to say that they are doing well, and better than expected. You must know that you were in the minority opinion when you said the Rangers would out-do the Angels before this season, correct? I think if someone were to round up "the usual suspects" of the main baseball talking heads out there, I would feel pretty confident that most had the Angels as the better team.

That you are so far right now and many so called experts are so far very wrong now makes you good, lucky, psychic, or some kind of combo of all 3.

So, keep up the good work, and keep enjoying the Rangers wild ride.

I'm not trying to take any digs at you or anything but that's my whole point with the talking heads and so called experts. More times than not they are wrong. Especially regarding the rangers. People called me a homer and mocked me in spite of the evidence I presented.

The angels are sucking for every reason I said they would.

1) No starting pitching after weaver.
2) Awful bullpen
3) Hamilton is a downgrade over torii hunter

And the rangers are succeeding for the reasons I outlined.

1) One of the best pitchers in baseball (Darvish) fronting a very strong 1-2 punch with Derek holland. Ogando has performed very well, about as well as I expected him to. Though I will admit even I didn't expect to see the quality we've gotten from our two rookie starters, and I admit that's been a big part of their success. It will be interesting to see how they do once the league has seen them. However, reinforcements are on the way shortly with Lewis and Perez on their way back soon.

2) Quality young arms in the bullpen lead by one of the best closers in baseball. With Soria on his way back it should only get better.

3) Texas acquired someone to hit in the three hole who actually knows how to work a pitcher and his discipline and timely hitting is rubbing off on the rest of the lineup. We also no longer have Michael Young as a black hole in the middle of the order killing rallies by rolling over into double play after double play.

4) Kinsler and Cruz will have bounce back years and be offensive team leaders.

5) Texas finally has a legitimate full time catcher who knows how to handle a pitching staff. Nothing against Napoli. Love him but he's never been touted as a yadier Molina.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to take any digs at you or anything but that's my whole point with the talking heads and so called experts. More times than not they are wrong. Especially regarding the rangers. People called me a homer and mocked me in spite of the evidence I presented.

The angels are sucking for every reason I said they would.

1) No starting pitching after weaver.
2) Awful bullpen
3) Hamilton is a downgrade over torii hunter

And the rangers are succeeding for the reasons I outlined.

1) One of the best pitchers in baseball (Darvish) fronting a very strong 1-2 punch with Derek holland. Ogando has performed very well, about as well as I expected him to. Though I will admit even I didn't expect to see the quality we've gotten from our two rookie starters, and I admit that's been a big part of their success. It will be interesting to see how they do once the league has seen them. However, reinforcements are on the way shortly with Lewis and Perez on their way back soon.

2) Quality young arms in the bullpen lead by one of the best closers in baseball. With Soria on his way back it should only get better.

3) Texas acquired someone to hit in the three hole who actually knows how to work a pitcher and his discipline and timely hitting is rubbing off on the rest of the lineup. We also no longer have Michael Young as a black hole in the middle of the order killing rallies by rolling over into double play after double play.

4) Kinsler and Cruz will have bounce back years and be offensive team leaders.

5) Texas finally has a legitimate full time catcher who knows how to handle a pitching staff. Nothing against Napoli. Love him but he's never been touted as a yadier Molina.

If you then are this right on in respect to your predictions, then you need to find a way to become one of the talking heads we both have spoken of, and start getting paid for your insight.

It's no fun being right without both a wanted & tangible reward for being right. That, and "I told you so" only goes so far with an otherwise rather anonymous bunch of folks like we have on this board.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little early for I told you so's, especially for a team with a history of choking.

All I'm saying is were a month in and Texas is not the .500 ball club many thought they would be.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the Yankees aren't the last place laughing stock everyone thought they would be, but it's still May.

Let's wait until September when the Rangers win the West and the Yankees clinch the wild card and Joe Girardi wins AL Manager of the Year. Then the "experts" can eat shit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the Yankees aren't the last place laughing stock everyone thought they would be, but it's still May.

Let's wait until September when the Rangers win the West and the Yankees clinch the wild card and Joe Girardi wins AL Manager of the Year. Then the "experts" can eat shit.

Point taken. Can we at least agree to laugh at Toronto.